Johnson's power vs McGregor's

@PROlogic something i didn't bring up in that simple gif breakdown (lol at breaking down a 5 sec clip, but didn't know another term to use for what i did) is the subtle set ups before. His amazing feint game, his kicks to make the opening easier to target. His eyes are something the younger generation should be learning about also, as displayed in the Aldo gif. He never direcrly focuses on his main target, but instead focuses on how the opponent is reacting to the other movements/faints and his foot placement. But when he changes focus and that incredible speed comes into play it is usually much too late for the opponent to know. He is certainly a great MMA striker, easily top 3 of all time. I am not a fan of his shenanigans however, but to miss him fight would be a mistake for anyone who enjoys combat sport.

Not gonna go back and forth with you dude. I honestly do not care enough about this topic to get into a debate about this. I will give you one response. If you are not satisfied, then too bad.

MJ has arguably the fastest hand speed at 155 but is not a combination puncher like Conor. There is no good equivalent gif because MJ typically throws 1 or 2 quick shots at a time, unlike Conor who tends to throe 4-5 at a time. Apples and oranges.

Conor is a better fighter in pretty much every other aspect. MJ is just naturally faster than most LWs.

That is no disrespect towards Conor. It's just an observation. Conor is not the fastest but he doesn't need to be. His placment and timing make up for it. Even in that gif, his speed isn't all that crazy. His placment is damn near perfect. I'm fairly sure there are a few LWs faster than Conor. I guarantee you that none of them could beat him.

No one is claiming that MJ is better than Conor. They're just comparing speed and natural power which MJ has in spades

Nothing about Johnson's speed has ever been impressive

Nate Diaz was faster then him, and we all saw how Conor treated Nate like a punching bag

You are in blind denial

You have no idea what you are talking about.

It's not about me being "satisfied" with any response from you - or even caring about what you have to say

It's about me simply refuting falsehoods. If YOU can't accept that then there is a issue on your end. You can't handle being told you are wrong when you are wrong

Conor has way faster hand speed then Johsnon too

AdventurousRadiantDeermouse-max-1mb.gif

Look how blazingly fast Conor is able to just shoot his left hand in that split window of opportunity and completely nail Paulie before Paulie can even finish his jab

That's just an incredible eye and incredible reaction speeds by Conor

Others who dont have the speed would have countered Paulie's jab as Paulie's jab was already completed and he was open with his leadhand outstretched

But Conor sees it and fires his counter before Paulie can even form the jab. That's just insane. That's why I say "Conor counters opponents before they can even blink"

Conor has next Level speed to go along with his next level timing/reactions/intelligence

Look at how quickly Conor shot the left in that split window of opportunity against Aldo

34h9is7.gif

Btw, another thing people are ignoring is how Conor has way better/faster feet then Johnson as well - and in how Conor moves his feet with his hands in unison much much better and much smoother

You are simply making excuses for Johnson being a shitty striker "bu but he only throws single shots"

So not only is Conor a far superior more skilled gifted striker, Conor also throws single shots better and faster then Johnson too...thus doing the one thing Johnson does, way better then Johnson does

Like I said, in every single facet of genetics, physicality, mentality, skill, intelligence Conor is vastly superior to Johnson

When Conor off sets opponents and leads on those off beats there is no one faster at leading either

Conor is a serious specimen who has the skill and IQ to dominate

There's no one at LW faster then Conor

Take it from Alvarez himself

Alvarez trains with Edgar and Barboza and said Conor's speed was mind blowing

I feel like there are 2 things going on in this thread

1. People with pre-concieved racist notions just blindly saying Johnson is faster and Conor is more powerful (based off sterotypes) while blindly ignoring all the footage. In reality It's the actual opposite

@Bloodhound

2. Deluded Khabib fanboys trying to convince themselfes that Khabib will be able to handle Conor's speed because "bu but Johnson is faster"

Last edited:
LOL Conor couldn't rock Nate and he threw the kitchen sink at him in the 1st fight.

Revisionist history

30viqgm.gif

2w7laop.gif

bloodhound said:
In the 2nd fight, I truly believe Nate was going down to bait McGregor into his guard

And this is when you expose yourself as someone to never be taken seriously. You are delusional

People in this forum speak like Al is a bum, look who Al has beaten. Al is a beast

Exactly. The most overused (stupid) comment I hear nowadays is how Khabib fought a real estate agent. as if... Iaquinta is no walk in the park.

According to stats, McGregor has a higher takedown percentage than Khabib and Khabib has better striking accuracy than McGregor.

Now tell me, do these stats tell the story of their fight?

Only an absolute mongoloid retard would think it does.

You must love stats so much because you can't figure out what is going on in a fight by watching with your own eyes. Because you've never stepped on a mat, and instead eat cheetos and masturbate with the same hand all day in your mother's basement while reading numbers.
Someone needs to send this to r/murderedbywords.

Johnson has fast hands and power comparable to McGregor - whenever MJ connects on someone's chin they tend to be rocked or dropped, same as Conor. MJ has nowhere near the accuracy or timing of McG though. As someone recently said, a lot of MJ's punches land on his opponents chest - he gets by on speed and hoping something connects

Those were Conor's hardest punches and he didn't do shit to Nate lol.

Ate them like tic tacs.
Didnt do shit except wobble Nate and have Nate falling around like this

9vlQHfE.gif

You are straight up delusional

Johnson has fast hands and power comparable to McGregor

Johnson's "speed" is no where near comparable to Conor's vastly superior speed and timing

Come to me when Johnson is able to land a single counter faster then the one Conor hit Aldo with

Come to me when Johnson is ever able to land a 4 punch combo as fast as Conor did on Alvarez

Also timing beats speed

Speed is timing

Conor is way faster then Johnson period

What's amazing about Conor is that Conor doesn't rely on his physical gifts, he's a purebred skill-based high IQ fighter who dominates.

For example

Speed<timing<broken rhythm

So Connor will also utilize broken rhythm to disrupt his opponents timing

Everyone else in MMA goes one speed all the time, the same way every time.

Conor is seriously just on whole other level compared to everyone else in MMA. Conor is simply a master of fighting

Last edited:
Didnt do shit except wobble Nate and have Nate falling around like this

9vlQHfE.gif

You are straight up delusional

Johnson's "speed" is no where near comparable to Conor's vastly superior speed and timing

Come to me when Johnson is able to land a single counter faster then the one Conor hit Aldo with

Come to me when Johnson is ever able to land a 4 punch combo as fast as Conor did on Alvarez
I don’t see Conor being quicker but he does have more power.

I don’t see Conor being quicker but he does have more power.

Conor is wayy faster and quicker then Johnson

There's a reason why I can post numerous and numerous of impressive examples from Conor to illustrate that point

Meanwhile, look how little examples there are for Johnson

Like I said, I truly believe racism/racist sterotypes is playing a role in some of these goofy posts

Conor himself told you HES NOT ABOUT POWER.

Conor is all about deception, misdirection, timing etc

And Conor has incredible speed

I wonder how many watch the actual fights?

Last edited:
I think it's less power than accuracy. If I hit you "on the button," it doesn't have to be as hard.

Johnson appears to hit at least as quickly and as powerfully as McGregor, but he is a lot sloppier. McGregor is more crisp with his shots. If they both land, I wouldn't be surprised at all to find out that Johnson hits with more power.

Rewatched Khabib vs Johnson this morning. How do you think Johnson's punching power measures up to Conor's?

Khabib ate some tough shots from Johnson in the first round. Rogan's commentary made it seem as though Khabib was rocked and maybe he was a little, but it didn't look too bad.

Did Johnson test that chin on par with what Khabib might get from Conor?
Not sure who hits harder, but McGregor has much better technical striking. Timing, precision, and distance control are his best weapons.

Back