Johny Hendricks - -"My goal is to get to 185. Hopefully win a belt there"

Seems like contenders like to say they'll do what the current champ won't to garner fans.

It's hard to say what you'll do when you aren't in that position. As a contender you don't got a lot to lose, but once you're a reigning champ and you got a ton of money on the line, things change.

Only person I believe at this point is Chris Weidman, since he already offered to fight Jones on like 1 week notice lol. What a crazy fuck.

Hendricks is the future GOAT, will KO GSP 0:30 in the first and doesn't need to worry about getting into 5 round shape ever, as none of his opponents will last that long.

I mean power strikes, wrestling, he's got it all! Plus he's going to weigh 208? holy fuck. He's like Gleisen Tibau of WW! We all know the dude who weighs the most wins EVERY time.

future GOAT people! He's too good for WW, after he beats GSP he will have cleaned out the division.

All that said, I think he wants to move to MW because he doesn't like Staying in shape. He is not yet in shape for the GSP fight, having put it off or something.

Last edited:
Hendricks is a dreamer, he has nothing for GSP, he just got lucky 2 times, against Condit and Kosh he had nothing except defensive take downs.

Not had a look at the interview yet but it would be interesting to see him fight at 185. I personally believe he lacks the height and reach to do well.

He's gonna have a hard time just barely reaching some of the guys up there.

Way too small of a frame for MW. He needs to stick to WW and not blow up between fights.

Hendricks is the future GOAT, will KO GSP 0:30 in the first and doesn't need to worry about getting into 5 round shape ever, as none of his opponents will last that long.

I mean power strikes, wrestling, he's got it all! Plus he's going to weigh 208? holy fuck. He's like Gleisen Tibau of WW! We all know the dude who weighs the most wins EVERY time.

future GOAT people! He's too good for WW, after he beats GSP he will have cleaned out the division.

All that said, I think he wants to move to MW because he doesn't like Staying in shape. He is not yet in shape for the GSP fight, having put it off or something.

Chill bro.

He should learn how to live healthy as a professional athlete instead.

Can you imagine what big guys like Weidman and Vitor would do to Hendricks? :redface:

Yeah, him and Vera have big plans for being multi div champions.

Hendricks will fade late in the rounds against GSP if it goes that far,
the only reason he's 'just under 210' is because he's fat.
He doesn't have a frame for 185, he's too small and short.

Im taking this with a grain of salt but ive never understood why people brag about how big they get between training camps. All it says is that you have little self control in watching your diet. Sure he weighs 210 but if he had ~12% body fat he'd probably weigh like 190 at most.

Back