JOKER Origin Movie (First Poster Released)

Will Joaquin Phoenix make a good Joker

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
n6O6U8G.jpg

Fook you... & the bat you rode in on. ;)

A joker origin story with Scorsese bringing in that OG feel. Possibly even a Bruce Wayne still timid... or still working on whether he will rock up to be Batman.

That doesn't sound like some potential to all you poserz?

{<huh}

Teh fook people... give it a chance. This thingz got potential.

<Oku03>

WOW so aggressive.. the eclipse has affected you, WOW.

You going Sith on me days before a new teaser is about to come out.

v4b2g3.jpg

Unless the character create has/had an origin in mind for him, I don't ever need to know.

Well if they decide to make Leto's Joker Jason Todd/Ex Robin this could work...but it's WB so they are just being dumb.

<Oku03>

WOW so aggressive.. the eclipse has affected you, WOW.

You going Sith on me days before a new teaser is about to come out.
Yeah that eclipse did a number on me. but I feel better knowing we're getting a new star wars teaser soon.

I'm going to have to endlessly fight off my last comment about liking Suicide Squad though... so I'll probably get crabby again before the night is up.
<OKC16>

JOKER Origin Movie in the Works with Todd Phillips to Direct

Warner Bros and DC are in the early stages of another Batman Universe spinoff movie, this one telling the origin story of the signature villain The Joker. The studio has set The Hangover‘s Todd Phillips to co-write a script with 8 Mile scribe Scott Silver. Phillips will direct the movie, and Martin Scorsese will produce it with Phillips. This will be the first film under a new banner that has yet to be named in which WB can expand the canon of DC properties and create unique storylines with different actors playing the iconic characters.

Deadline is told that the intention is to make an origin story that isn’t part of any other iteration. The Joker has memorably been part of two Batman movies in the form of Jack Nicholson and Heath Ledger, and was most recently played by Jared Leto in the first Suicide Squad film. He will reprise in the Suicide Squad sequel and the Harley Quinn spinoff, but this new film will launch the character with a different actor, possibly younger.

An intriguing part is the setting. The intention is to make a gritty and grounded hard-boiled crime film set in early-’80s Gotham City that isn’t meant to feel like a DC movie as much as one of Scorsese’s films from that era, like Taxi Driver, Raging Bull or The King Of Comedy. Deadline is told that Phillips and Silver are writing already, but there is nothing firm on where this will fit into the DC schedule.

Phillips most recently directed War Dogs with Jonah Hill and Miles Teller. Silver’s recent script credits include The Fighter as well as Stronger, the David Gordon Green-directed Toronto-bound drama that stars Jake Gyllenhaal as Jeff Bauman, whose lower legs were blown off near the finish line of the Boston Marathon terror attack.

http://deadline.com/2017/08/the-jok...e-scott-silver-batman-dc-universe-1202154053/

This could be really good if done right. Hopefully, it doesn't have Jared Leto because he is not a very good Joker.

Bunch of dudes hanging off Marvel's nuts.

How is this a bad movie?

And Suicide Squad was 10x better than CA Civil War.

Fight me.

Yeah that eclipse did a number on me. but I feel better knowing we're getting a new star wars teaser soon.

I'm going to have to endlessly fight off my last comment about liking Suicide Squad though... so I'll probably get crabby again before the night is up.
<OKC16>

I noticed that comment.. was saying to myself Wild is about to get cranky after endless call outs.

All you have to do is reveal the 2 other unpopular choices you have and go for the trifecta. :D

How is this a bad movie?

Fight me.

A surprising ally appears.. quick @Myrddin Wild don't scare him off with the prequels and AVP.. he won't hold strong for those 2 extra. :D

The whole point of Joker is that his origin is ambiguous. Yes, there have been many stories regarding that but nobody knows the true version (if any of those are true). Comic book movies have gone overboard

Last edited:
I noticed that comment.. was saying to myself Wild is about to get cranky after endless call outs.

All you have to do is reveal the 2 other unpopular choices you have and go for the trifecta. :D
Haha... I don't know if I can even handle the fall out from liking Suicide Squad much less AVP being the best Alien movie.

oops ... did I just say that out loud.

<21>

The whole point of Joker is that is origin is ambiguous.

I was just reading a book on the Nolan Batman trilogy I picked up and that was almost exactly what Nolan said in the book on how he wanted to approach the Joker.

How is this a bad movie?

Fight me.
A surprising ally appears.. quick @Myrddin Wild don't scare him off with the prequels and AVP.. he won't hold strong for those 2 extra. :D
My man DataBreach is with me on the concept of this movie & appreciates Suicide Squad... so I got his back...

@One MMA Fan this night might not be so bad after all... I got someone to fight on my side with me. :cool:

DC will never get it.

Casting different actors constantly in the same role kills the consistency of the product, and this compounds DC's "establishment problems." They have absolutely no clue how to establish characters.

Can you imagine if there was a different Iron Man in the trilogy than the one in the AVENGERS films, and then another actor playing Iron Man in a rebooted origin story?
Just hire a token chinese actor for 20 second screen time with one dubbed line.

<seedat>

Side note can't they just leave the Joker alone for a while? They did a 1989 Batman movie and didn't touch him again until 2008(which got an Oscar). 19 years between movies and it wasn't like they waited that long because the first Batman Joker didn't work.

Now we already had Suicide Squad which was terrible and this is gonna be another cool character thats gonna get overplayed.

Haha... I made that when Brother One kept throwing that emoji up in my face... I waz like "fook deese" & layed that sh*t on him... lol.

Nothing personal here... but Suicide Squad waz fookin' awesome. & don't anyone try & throw their overanalyzing movie critic shite on me to make it seem like it ain't. People get so caught up in citiquing movies that they can't see past their mental processez long enough to enjoy a decent movie. I see a couple of problems with it... but overall it waz a fun ride with great characterz & I enjoyed it.
Lol love it.

Fair enough.
I didn't think it was as bad as a lot of critics said it was, but it was not the movie that the creators had originally hyped it to be. Wasn't what i was looking for.
DC had been establishing themselfs as the "dark" comic book movies, while Marvel was more comic comic movies.
Suicide Squad was a wasted opportunity to me. I loved the idea of it because too few movies focus on making compelling villains , but the plot was just silly.
It's hard to not look at these movies as a package. Suicide Squad didn't seem to fit in the world that WB had been creating. (Mostly because the bad guy was some kind of witch god and her god brother)

Lol love it.

Fair enough.
I didn't think it was as bad as a lot of critics said it was, but it was not the movie that the creators had originally hyped it to be. Wasn't what i was looking for.
DC had been establishing themselfs as the "dark" comic book movies, while Marvel was more comic comic movies.
Suicide Squad was a wasted opportunity to me. I loved the idea of it because too few movies focus on making compelling villains , but the plot was just silly.
It's hard to not look at these movies as a package. Suicide Squad didn't seem to fit in the world that WB had been creating. (Mostly because the bad guy was some kind of witch god and her god brother)
Hmmm... Yeah, that's probably why I'm so different from everyone regarding that movie. I actually enjoyed the witch & he resurecting her brother to re-gain their rule. There were a couple of week points in the scenerio... but I'm not going to sh*t on the whole movie because of some minor detailz. To be honest... big bad trying to take over the world... is a concept that I don't mind in the thousandz of movies that have that plot. The bigger the better I say. They went pretty big... maybe too mystic for most people's tastes, but I loved that side of it.

I read the title and before it ended I was annoyed. Then I read Todd Phillips was writing it and was excited. Then I read that scorsese is going to help produce I was intrigued! Then I realized it was another origin story, I got real sad. I got one last surprise that Todd Phillips is also directing, amazement, joy, concern and euphoria all surrounds me until I blacked out and woke up on the roof again. I'm not bipolar.

leto is a good actor who really is committing to the role, they marketed a lot of the movie around him because the fans want it

why dont they listen to their market and let him be joker with less face tattoos and gangster chains etc.

An intriguing part is the setting. The intention is to make a gritty and grounded hard-boiled crime film set in early-’80s Gotham City that isn’t meant to feel like a DC movie as much as one of Scorsese’s films from that era, like Taxi Driver

Translation: they want to tell an Alan Moore story in a Frank Miller style.

They will fail miserably and spectacularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back