JOKER Origin Movie (First Poster Released)

Will Joaquin Phoenix make a good Joker

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a bad idea. As soon as you put a face on the monster, it isn't a monster anymore. It's a huge reason all the recent Prometheus type films have sucked ass.

giphy.gif

Even with Wonder Woman's success, DC/WB just can't seem to get their shit together.
Suicide Squad was 10x better than CA Civil War.

<bball1><Varys01>

My man DataBreach is with me on the concept of this movie & appreciates Suicide Squad... so I got his back...

@One MMA Fan this night might not be so bad after all... I got someone to fight on my side with me. :cool:
These plebs are just Marvel lovers. They bash everything DC no matter what.

Acting like Suicide Squad sucked? GTF outta here with that BS.

giphy.gif

Even with Wonder Woman's success, DC/WB just can't seem to get their shit together.

<bball1><Varys01>
The story was just a lame extension of Winter Soldier.

No originality. Boring predictable characters. No real villain.

Shall go on?

n6O6U8G.jpg

Fook you... & the bat you rode in on. ;)

A joker origin story with Scorsese bringing in that OG feel. Possibly even a Bruce Wayne still timid... or still working on whether he will rock up to be Batman.

That doesn't sound like some potential to all you movie critics?

{<huh}

Teh fook people... give it a chance. This thingz got potential.
The best thing about recent iterations of the Joker has been that his origin has been meaningless. He's been more of a force of nature character and the 'how' has been irrelevant.

So this movie trying to fill in that blank seems completely off the mark to me.

This is a bad idea. As soon as you put a face on the monster, it isn't a monster anymore. It's a huge reason all the recent Prometheus type films have sucked ass.
If they do it right it will actually make the character more interesting.

Not hard to understand this.

The best thing about recent iterations of the Joker has been that his origin has been meaningless. He's been more of a force of nature character and the 'how' has been irrelevant.

So this movie trying to fill in Thai r blank seems completely off the mark to me.
Hmmm.... hadn't thought of that. I like the unknown origin thing for sure... but I ain't mad at them telling the story.

To your point though... it best be a hell of a story if they're going to fill that gap.

I thought my fellow Sherlads wouldn't be the white knight or feminist sheeple that overinflated Wonder Woman's worth, but I see it mentioned positively a lot in this thread.

I'm in the minority but I think this has potential. A gritty crime drama with Scorsese as producer, it shows promise. Should be rated R. It all depends on the execution.

Translation: they want to tell an Alan Moore story in a Frank Miller style.

They will fail miserably and spectacularly.
If they followed The Killing Joke it might be ok unless they tried adding extra flash to it.

These plebs are just Marvel lovers. They bash everything DC no matter what.

Acting like Suicide Squad sucked? GTF outta here with that BS.
@One MMA Fan I've been wading through the trenchez seemingly alone in my campaign... & now with my weary soul stripped down by the resistance... a light shines in & I am no longer alone... but know there are otherz who are not completely consumed by the sickness of over-critiqueing good moviez.

I'm in the minority but I think this has potential. A gritty crime drama with Scorsese as producer, it shows promise. Should be rated R. It all depends on the execution.
We are a small minority... but slowly growing in numberz.

I thought my fellow Sherlads wouldn't be the white knight or feminist sheeple that overinflated Wonder Woman's worth, but I see it mentioned positively a lot in this thread.
Because it was a solid movie.

The two best comic book movies in recent years have been Wonder Woman and Suicide Squad.

Guardians of the Galaxy was good but not better.

@One MMA Fan I've been wading through the trenchez seemingly alone in my campaign... & now with my weary soul stripped down by the resistance... a light shines in & I am no longer alone... but know there are otherz who are not completely consumed by the sickness of over-critiqueing good moviez.
DC's Wonder Woman and Suicide Squad have got me stepping on some Marvel geeks necks. If a movie is bad, like BvS, then I can't say jack but when a film kills it and the haters are just spamming crap I will be here to fight the good fight brother.

{<redford}

Last edited:
WHo doesn't know the joker origin at this point

Also another actor as the fucking joker so soon?

Fuck off

If this is just a one-shot thing, I'm fine with it. But what if this turns out to be a huge hit? If WB will capitalize on it and make a sequel, then this turns into a shitshow situation with two active Jokers running around at the cinemas. As much as this project intrigues me, WB should prioritize their DCEU brand first and make it stronger rather than branching out to make a new DC film banner.

If this is just a one-shot thing, I'm fine with it. But what if this turns out to be a huge hit? If WB will capitalize on it and make a sequel, then this turns into a shitshow situation with two active Jokers running around at the cinemas. As much as this project intrigues me, WB should prioritize their DCEU brand first and make it stronger rather than branching out to make a new DC film banner.

I honestly dont want any movies staring Villains

I think its stupid

Joker doesn't even have a human side to him, He is just batshit crazy

Venom is cool cause Eddie Brock is an anti hero but Joker was never anti hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back