Jon’s weight was, um, unimpressive

he had time and being 35 doesnt prevent him from gaining muscle especially being a lifetime athlete with lots of muscle memory.

If he wins looking like that relying mosting on talent and possibly cardio, hoping Gane's muscles drain his cardio faster, then the dude really is the GOAT.

true.

it’s just that Jones has been saying he wanted to put on weight for this fight. And for a while, he was putting on muscle. Looks like all that muscle disappeared.

I know it’s hard to put on muscle as you age. But not impossible. I added about 20lbs of muscle approaching 40. Now in my forties, I am more jacked than ever.
In my AV pick I was 47, two years post back surgery, I had actually rolled off the shelf after being out of heavy resistance work for nearly 10 years. My body weight shot up from 190ish to 210 in about 3-4 months, then I leaned out at 197 IIRC when that pic was taken, muscle memory is a very real thing.

edit, yes I was on the TRT, just banging a compound pharmacy blend of Test/Nandro

In my AV pick I was 47, two years post back surgery, I had actually rolled off the shelf after being out of heavy resistance work for nearly 10 years. My body weight shot up from 190ish to 210 in about 3-4 months, then I leaned out at 197 IIRC when that pic was taken, muscle memory is a very real thing.
If you have good genetics, muscle memory very real .

My conditioning sucks. I lifted for strength and looks.

and with all the weight cutting in the UFC, most folks aren’t looking to add mass.

if you want to gain 10lbs of muscle and can’t do so by working out and eating, don’t you think something is wrong with your workout and diet?

Im 45 years old, I haven't cared about any of that in a long time sir.

You can gain 10lbs of lean muscle in 3 months after training for many years? You don't gain bodyfat at all?
I did gain body fat.

I gained about 30lbs or more. Had to lose 10lbs to get back to a similar body fat % as before.

I trained before to be in shape and for muscles. But never did it prior to bulk up and get big. A different mentality.

edit, yes I was on the TRT, just banging a compound pharmacy blend of Test/Nandro
Good for you.

it can be done. It’s not easy. But it ain’t that hard.

people don’t want to put in the work, and they think it’s impossible to add significant muscle quickly. The human body is so adaptable, if you put in the work into the exercise, diet and rest.

I get it.

as I age, it gets harder and harder. This year, I had to cut my work out times. My body couldn’t handle 90 minute workouts anymore.
Happens to everyone sir, I never messed with PEDS though.

Walked around at 230 lbs, but how shredded was he at that weight? I don't think he had a shredded six pack at 230lbs. People always use walk around weight in arguments, but most guys are quite 'fat' at their 'walk around' weight, compared to their fight weight, and you don't see guys with their shirts off much when they're not fighting.
He was probably quite chubby at 230 lbs, not like now, but not that far off either. I don't know about the numbers, and obviously these things are impossible to tell just by looking, but his muscles look bigger to me and he gives the impression of a strong powerlifter type physique. I think he is physically stronger than Gane

This is Jon at 238 lbs
maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

238 lbs no six pack, looks pretty close in terms of chubbyness to now. Add 10lbs of muscle I guess, and you've got Jon now.

You ever see Josh Barnett sir?
That dude looks the opposite of steroids and he's definitely not clean.

Have you seen Josh Barnett? You definitely would not say that if you have. I've met him a couple times most recently walking out of Bellator 290. I promise you he is a very solid, massive dude, wide as a freakin semi truck.

NouIcnEl.jpg

It's hard to tell if the weight he added is functional until we see him in the fight. The clinch will be telling.

Good for you.

it can be done. It’s not easy. But it ain’t that hard.

people don’t want to put in the work, and they think it’s impossible to add significant muscle quickly. The human body is so adaptable, if you put in the work into the exercise, diet and rest.
Honestly if you’re willing to put in the time, money for supps, eat correctly and most importantly for me working out ego free it’s absolutely possible to turn back the clock. Almost forgot, I had access to a hyperbaric oxygen chamber and did 3-5 day a week therapy for 60 sessions, that helped incredibly with recovery.

He is not fat but soft,building muscle is one thing and getting tight is another thing..ıts easy tip to be tight too bad even those kinda high level sports guys dont know it
I fit into the not fat , but soft category……you got an easy tip for me ? Stop eating sugar lol

Just a quick question about trt since im planning to hop on soon
Did it increase your mental well being? Is it true you feel better on it

Back