Jon Anik calling Stipe the undisputed greatest heavyweight of all time

Stipe hasn't even got 10% of the skill of Vitaly Minakov. He is a part time fighter. Stipe is good because he is very fit for HW and not a pensioner, Ngannou should have been choked out easily, the choke was open so many times but Stipe didn't really know what to do. Thats UFC HW division in 2018 though. Raw and amateurish fighters like Ngannou being some "great".

Stipe is a full-time fighter with a second, part-time job. Why is that so difficult for people to understand? Just because I can't muster the energy to deal with such a schedule doesn't mean I can't believe someone else can manage it...especially someone raised up with "immigrant mentality." :D

He is, his loses over Stuuve and JDS will always hurt his reputation here on Sherdog, because Sherdog is in love undefeated fighter, but I honestly believe Stipe would have beaten a prime Fedor.

I hit quote immediately because he absolutely did not struggle with Francis lol. He dominated every facet for every second

Stipe dominated K1 champ Overeem and BJJ wizard Werdum. If you want to hold it against Stipe that he didn't KO Werdum from guard that's on you but I give him more props for not allowing the fight to go to the ground.

He's also about fight an Olympian wrestler, so... this kind of comparison of resumes is starting to shift in Stipe's favor

He was rocked by ngannou and did not loo dominant. Stiles ground game was exposed by an amateur in the sport who relied on pure power. Ngannou knocked out fading stars The Reem and Arlovski, but that means little in a modern context. Bert Rodgers did the same to the Pitbull almost a decade ago now.

Stipe is not comparable to Fedor. He has a long way to go.

Overall hell no.

UFC maybe we still have that 1 big name to go. :p

Cain_slap_ghost_face_350.gif
lmao probably the first and only gif ill ever have dedicated to me

its highly appreciated, btw

He was rocked by ngannou and did not loo dominant. Stiles ground game was exposed by an amateur in the sport who relied on pure power. Ngannou knocked out fading stars The Reem and Arlovski, but that means little in a modern context. Bert Rodgers did the same to the Pitbull almost a decade ago now.

he owned ngannou standing.. he got hit but he rocked ngannou more on the feet than ngannou rocked him

not sure how his ground game got exposed when he made a man with 20-30 pounds on him look like an amateur

any heavyweight in the history of the sport would have struggled with or even lost to ngannou that night.

they all say stupid shit like that, it's been going on for quite some time

he owned ngannou standing.. he got hit but he rocked ngannou more on the feet than ngannou rocked him

not sure how his ground game got exposed when he made a man with 20-30 pounds on him look like an amateur

any heavyweight in the history of the sport would have struggled with or even lost to ngannou that night.

He has poor technique on the ground.

thats false

nobody will agree with that

hes one of the best wrestlers in the division... in fact only cain and cormier are better

Wrestling isn’t the end all be all of grappling. His ability to control Ngannou was rubbish. He couldn’t hold him down even when he was gassed, he was using amateur strength based techniques to escape Stipes control. This is white belt stuff.

Wrestling isn’t the end all be all of grappling. His ability to control Ngannou was rubbish. He couldn’t hold him down even when he was gassed, he was using amateur strength based techniques to escape Stipes control. This is white belt stuff.
He easily held him down... the entire fight

Fedor and Stipe fought in completely different eras with completely different rules. Pointless to compare them.

Did Anik pronounce it “MEE-uh-chich” when he made this pronouncement? Seriously, don’t know why the UFC hasn’t told their own lead announcer to stop mispronouncing the champ’s name.

TS is a Pride shill
Like that's a bad thing.

That's like calling some "God's Best Friend". You wish you were a Pride Shill. But they are selective.

Fedor and Stipe fought in completely different eras with completely different rules. Pointless to compare them.
Except that Fedor is a more complete fighter. And he was more interesting to watch. And he has adoring fans all over the world.

And his sweater is iconic.

Stipe is a long way from being Fedor, much less being better than him.

Anik has described himself as a heavy gambler. What happens when a gambler can influence the betting odds on particular fighters? He does it.

50-44.

"Did not look dominant."

m'kay...

Stipe has the best run of any heavy weight in UFC history, but he's miles behind Fedor.

That being said I would love to have seen a Stipe vs. prime Fedor fight. Stipe is just the right size to give Fedor a hard time, but I'm not sure he could deal with the take down threat.

Prime Fedor's best attribute was his seamless transition from punching to clinching to throwing. I haven't seen anyone transition so well at any weight class.

Back