Media Jon Jones Back n Forth with Tom Aspinall Completely Dismissing Him - Tom Responds - Newest Update Jones Confirms WILL retire after Stipe fight

Absolutely pathetic, and the fight probably won't even be that big for some reason people have convinced themselves into believing this is some million dollar buys superfight.

The baddest man on the planet doesn't dip duck and dodge the biggest challenge. Maybe when him and Stipe fight they can furnish the interim baddest man on the planet belt.

Jones win over Gane is the highlight of his HW career. No one cares about his fight vs Stipe and it being added to his resume.

I am a little surprised that Dana is allowing this. It's a quick cash grab, sure, but it would be a better investment to use Jones to elevate Aspinall's name and then reap the rewards in the years to come. Dana is forgetting his own rulebook.

The amount of cope from all the people that said Jon would never go up and be able to fight these bigger, stronger, faster heavyweights is so hilarious. Tom Aspinall is just the newest of like 25 guys that Jon is afraid of.

I remember all the way back to when he was scared of Rashad because they trained together, and he was scared of Chael.

So he took the absolute easiest fight at HW he could get and now he's the HW GOAT?

This just proves how bias the fans are and im happy jones is calling it out.
certain fighters can fart and they are quickly pushed over the hill. while others can dam near beat 1000
number 1 contenders and they still wont be validated .
and whats with this acting as if tom is this genetic once in a lifetime talented fighter lol
its laughable. could he be champ SURE, is he gonna be this god like crazy never b4 seen specimen
detaching fighters souls from consciousness um no.

Yoel was a freak francis was a freak rumble was a freak Khamzat Jon Jones Cain DC anderson Brock
those guys are those must see athletic once in a lifetime rare specimens .

Nothing about tom stands out. in fact prime dos sontos would piece him up easy.

Jones is literally about to bounce n these twats are over here
acting as if jones been ducking aspinal for decades LOL. NOBODY CARES ABOUT TOM
nor the fight with Jones .

Lets be real if jones beat tom what would that really mean? maybe if tom started in light heavy weight won the belt
by starching everyone then moved up and did the same thing THEN MAYBE this would mean something.
but no that didnt happen.

Francis is the ONLY FIGHTER who can
talk that talk and flex on jones. Jones beating francis would take him over the hill. Nobody else. Francis earned his stripes. I can say with my life on the line
THAT NOBODY was beating Francis aside from jones. this dude tom got tko'd by curtis blades. i saw the fight
curtis was lighting ole boy up on the feet.

The thing is it's heavyweight. It's like calling Leon Edwards invincible at MW based of 1 win vs a number 1 contender, who isn't even the undisputed 1.

Jones fought 205ers all his career. Bar 1 fight.

What he acomplished at LHW is relevant to mma but only half or 70% relevant to HW. 30-50 % of the difference is the weight and size. He looked small to Gane but was far superior in grappling. And was ballsy at the 30 seconds stand up fight.

All things said Jones is the MMA goat to me, by far.

But he declined slightly at LHW which is to be expected after 25 wins. Come back to beat a great fighter in Gane

But given Jones being partially out of his optimal prime and at HW, I believe Tom Apsinal makes no sense. Just fight Stipe and call it a career. Tom has half the fights, never was undisputed champ or defended it, let alone for 10 years.

Tom has the same time frame advantage over Jones that Jones has over Stipe.

I'm rooting that Stipe beats Jones, it's a good opportunity for him

Just this goat ect talk is not HW. The guys Jon beat weren't 6'5 250. It is a difference. So he shouldn't belittle Tom. At this moment Tom is very strong. He also has way less milage and is significantly younger.

Basically everyone is chasing their easiest best money fight.

Like when everyone wanted to fight the declining Tito and Hughes who wee champs and had big names but lost their prime. Or everyone bagging for a title shot vs Bisping. And he taking 46 year old Hendo for a rematch. Title fights are the big money, only time everyone gets a mee contract and if the win they get ppvs. Nobody is invincible everyone looks for their slip into the cracks of the money.

Kinda what I would do too.

Last edited:
Jon is terrified.

But who can blame him?

I wonder if Stipe is being set up for life to ensure he takes an L?

Bones is the best LHW of all time, but he could never last at the HW division to reach the same status. HWs get cracked with 4 ounce gloves and all the skill in the world is meaningless.

Guess Stipe is our only chance to see this guy unconscious on the canvas

Jon really should just STFU if he's not planning on fighting Aspinall

"You ain't sh*t bruh, I'm the best, the absolute best.... and there's no way in hell I'd fight you"

Lesson of all of this is don't chase any fight/fighter. In a sport where your prime can literally be a 2 year period, don't waste any time waiting. Fight often and put on great performances. The problem with the fighters is they think the b side of the fight makes good money, when that's not the case and most of they time they end up losing the fight they stagnated themselves over, which leaves them with a net loss of hype, money and time. IF you're truly great, people will see it whether you fight a big name or not.

Only think Aspinall can do is try to beat everyone else really convincingly.

He looks like just as much of a fool as Chandler, trying to chase down a fight.

Feel like at this point the UFC should just strip jones of the real HW title, and give him vs. Stipe for the "L3G3NDS" belt. Holding up the majority of 2024, just so Jones can beat gramps, and then immediately retire, is such a slap in the face to the HW division, the fans, and martial arts in general. Jiri / jamahal i'll forever respect, because they did the right thing and vacated when they got injured. That's true BUSHIDO spirit. What Jones is doing, is the most garbage thing, and actually diminishes his accomplishments (outside of all the other heinous shit). NO ONE, will now remember Jon Jones, skills-wise as the GOAT. he's the dude that went up to HW, beat Gane, the once in a lifetime HW who moves like a MW, and then cherry picked Stipe to retire on. His rebuttals are complete garbage, show a lack of understanding, maturity, and it's just laughable. From here on out, we're going to forever here how Jones is the GOAT HW. And eventually, given enough time, enough new fans, they're going to fucking believe it. Total garbage situation. Just vacate dude, you can still leave as the HW "champ."

Jones wanted to try out HW, and that's fine and dandy. He cherry picked the time and the opponent and that's ok too, But the belt never should've had anything to do with it because if it wasn't clear before it should be clear to everyone by now, Jones did not want to do any of the the things a legitimate champion has to do. The more he denies this and makes excuses, the more cowardly he looks.

Last edited:
Nobody (aside from possibly Dana) actually wants to see Bones fight Stipe. That is the very obvious point that Bones seems to continually somehow miss. It is absolutely absurd to give Stipe a title shot next and I honestly hope that fight sells 0 PPVs. Also, I truly believe there is 0 chance that Bones vs Stipe sells more than Bones vs Tom would.
Therefore, the only logical conclusion as to why Jones doesn't want to fight the rightful #1 contender (who also happens to be interim champ) is because Jones is channeling his inner Duck.

Who gives a shit if jon fights stipe. Jons was gone for 3 years, returned for 1 minute and now is gone for another year. The quicker he retires the better for the division.

Aspinall should just fight gane at ufc 300

Jon lost to Smith, Reyes, Santos and Gus. Takes 3+ years to take off to move to HW to fight the weakest fighter with no ground game. And acts like he is the goat HW and shouldn't fight anyone. What a fucking puss job.

Back