Jon Jones building strength with Earthshaking Deadlift

nice try but i named a weak guy whos mostly abjj guy just to prove my point that if jim miller is doing 550 imagine what khabib tony michael johnson edson barbosa michael chandler is doing

hell theres least 5 guys here in the strength conditiong forum who can out lift jon jones

Where did you see Jim Miller deadlift 550? I saw the video years ago of him pulling 425 with a little hitch at claiming 160 body weight.

Seems he was training with that coach for a while. At least that’s the way it looked based on his technique.

I’d be AMAZED if Khabib or any other FW deadlifted over 350. Assuming they already don’t train the deadlift.

If he trained for it he would obviously improve and maybe faster than the average person but the fact is most mma guys just aren’t lifting big numbers.

The cardiovascular nature of their training is a nightmare for lifting.

I'm really glad that all you guys post this man, mainly for the fact he believes Jon is innocent as well.
dana-white-money-c%C3%B3pia.jpg

white1.jpg

that's impressive. thought it still doesn't make up for the fact that he has lost years of his prime, and millions of dollars to boot.

515, if those are 10s at the end. I got 450 so I'm just gonna go ahead and say that's great, good on Jon. Now if he can only deadLIFT THAT SUSPENSION USADA IS ABOUT TO DROPPPPP

<BirdieOwn>

Amazing how many of you people have never used real steel olympic weights before.

* 5 plates x 45 x 2 = 450
* 1 plate x 25 x 2 = 50
* bar & collars = 55
Estimate = 555 pounds (bar is flexing so obviously a pretty heavy load)

I know four guys who lift more than that and only go to the gym 3x a week. Go on the s&c forum and you'll see it's really good but not super human. And not like he's doing fight camps and can't focus on strength.

~DaViD~

Who said that it's "superhuman"? I only said that it's a solid lift given his frame.

That video doesn't prove anything though..
In my experience a shorter guy is actually better at pulling sumo because during conventional they are at a compromised position due to their limbs
ectomorph-weight-lifting-proportions-deadlift-arm-length.jpg

You can imagine the stubby guy is much better off opening his legs and allowing his back to be more straight.
Long guys can pull either way it depends what muscles you want to target

Dude, you're talking nonsense. If Jones has the ideal frame for comvential deadlifts, there would be a ton pro lifters who excel at that movement built like him.

Plenty of time to work on his strength and form before his next fight, in 4 years.

That lift would be impressive for a non athlete at his size (without ridiculously long arms and "dick pills")

For a professional athlete, it is meh.

Amazing how many of you people have never used real steel olympic weights before.

Sorry I live an area that doesn't have any gyms that carry anything other than cast iron or bumpers, it's definitely affected my training, how can one hope to achieve greatness without olympic steel plates?

nice try but i named a weak guy whos mostly abjj guy just to prove my point that if jim miller is doing 550 imagine what khabib tony michael johnson edson barbosa michael chandler is doing

hell theres least 5 guys here in the strength conditiong forum who can out lift jon jones

so you can't even provide any footage whatsover and you're making shit up, thats cool too. None of those guys are doing anything remotely near 550.

wow you're so cool you know how to say "samurai grip" no one gives a shit you fuckin noob i've been doing dead lifts when you were in your diapers eating your own shit

I doubt you deadlift 6 plates for a double. I do. And I could beat you up in real life. Whats your address? If you dont give it to me that makes you a huge pussy.

They also all take lot of Growth. Hair loss is a side effect. Also a small price to pay for the wonderful things that HGH cycling can do for an athlete's longevity.

Hgh does not cause hairloss. Some people are taking steroids along with hgh and lose their hair. Its certain steroids like trenbolone that elevate your dht (dihedral testosterone) which has been linked to hairloss. Hgh does not effect your test levels. You just say what you think sounds good. Being wrong should be bannable and this board wouldnt be so stupid.

i work out with 495 and im a 170 loland i still am 50 away from my goal tbh most ufc 155ers average 500 so yeah thats not impressive at all for the type of athlete he is lol
Lol.

I love these posts type of threads
"I can do better".
"Its not that much"
"I know a guy at my gym who does more"

This is the best fighter in the world, lifting, recreationally

Back