Jon Jones came back after 3 years and embarrassed the HW division inside 1 round

"But the worlds greatest athlethes are at HW and Jones is avoiding them".

-Fools the 2010s and early 2020s
Jon avoided Francis after the Stipe fight. Jon is a very calculated fighter. He always puts himself in favorable positions. He has admitted he doesnt take short notice fights, didnt want to fight DC at HW because DC was better at HW, wanted to take years to bulk up to fight at HW, priced himself out of the Francis fight after he beat Stipe, and now jumps at the opportunity to fight Gane who has no TDD

What does Stipe not being champion have to do with the division being deep? It makes it more deep lol

... Stipe being the young up-and-comer and ranked #10 on that list makes it definition of deep. He was the worst ranked fighter on the list lol... are you slow in the head lol

Okay you are looking for an argument I get it fella.. But I am in a good mood so this is it for me.. The division is NOT deep NOW, was NOT in 2013 and won't be in 2033.. In 2013 you had more names on there but at different stages of their careers.. So have a good night..

Also, Gane kept walking back and never pressured like all of Jones opponents who had the shook look every time he encircles them. Nothing has changed.

If I honestly believed thats as incredibly stupid as it is (thats not howd you fix a huge fight) - id never watch a UFC fight again if i was you

Many sports matches are rigged, so are politics and the stock market. If I was you...I'd continue to bury my head in the ground like an ostrich.

mark-twain-its-easier-to-fool-people-than-to-convince-them-they-have-been-fooled.jpg

Okay you are looking for an argument I get it fella.. But I am in a good mood so this is it for me.. The division is NOT deep NOW, was NOT in 2013 and won't be in 2033.. In 2013 you had more names on there but at different stages of their careers.. So have a good night..
Nogueira was the only old man at that stage of his career. Everyone else listed was younger than Jones currently is now.
It's sad when people need to flat out lie (twice) to try and make their argument.

In 2013 the top 10 UFC HW rankings were:
  • Cain (age 30)
  • JDS (age 29)
  • Werdum (age 35)
  • DC (age 34)
  • Bigfoot (age 33)
  • Overeem (age 33)
  • Mir (age 34)
  • Nogueira (age 37)
  • Barnett (age 35)
  • Stipe (age 30)
Literally the entire division were high level grapplers.

I've been telling people for a couple years now that this current HW division is a joke and it was on full display tonight.
This was 10 years ago, not 30. All those guys except for Cain got embarrassed by newer fighters and they weren’t even that old when it happened. HW was never skilled compared to the lower weight classes.

DC moved up first and had success too.

Jon avoided Francis after the Stipe fight. Jon is a very calculated fighter. He always puts himself in favorable positions. He has admitted he doesnt take short notice fights, didnt want to fight DC at HW because DC was better at HW, wanted to take years to bulk up to fight at HW, priced himself out of the Francis fight after he beat Stipe, and now jumps at the opportunity to fight Gane who has no TDD

NO ONE takes short notice fights unless it's a way of skipping the line for a title shot(like Chael did).

DC is 5 ft 11 and was considerably less mobile at HW. His skills carried the day against HWs but the idea he'd have had something for Jones at HW he didn't at LHW is ludicrous. Think Jones was trying to hype a DC trilogy at the time that looked like it was about to happen.

Lolz at acting like Francis and cos TDD would have made a difference. Fucking adorable.

This was 10 years ago, not 30. All those guys except for Cain got embarrassed by newer fighters
What are you talking about? Cain's 2 losses before his first retirement was to two fighters on my list lol. His one individual loss, after his first retirement, is to a fighter not in the UFC lol

Cain retired 4 years ago and literally not one fighter who defeated him is currently in the UFC atm... where are these new breed fighters you are talking about here lol

Gane doesn't make top 15 in 2013.

A lot of what happens in a fight is situational - and Jones was able to take advantage of literally the first error Gane made.

It would have been nice to actually see a fight. Don't think we can even say we saw Jones at HW properly yet.

What are you talking about? Cain's 2 losses before his first retirement was to two fighters on my list lol. His one individual loss, after his first retirement, is to a fighter not in the UFC lol
I meant that Cain was a walking corpse riddled with injuries by that time so I can at least understand his loss to Ngannou.

Jones would beat Ngannou just as easily.

Back