Jon Jones has 1 stoppage win in the last 8 years...

Stoppages rarely happen at the highest levels of MMA (or so I'm told here), which means Jon was truly fighting at the top.

he headkicked Cormier and beat him inside 2 rounds like no one else has ever done

tumblr_otw11q0WX31r7vh24o1_540.gifv

dont care what the record says, it happened, accept it

lol, a flush headkick and it didn't even drop him. And this is the weaker LHW version of Cormier.

It's impressive how his hips and shin are in a perfectly straight line up that high. Really great technique and D.C. himself accepts that loss. Also, it's amazing that D.C. didn't even get dropped by that kick. He had a hell of a chin.

Does he? Or was it just because he got kicked by a guy with only 1 stoppage win in 8 years?

...and that was against Gus, who hasn't won a fight since.
...and yet he has no losses...
I don't understand these kind of threads... what do they prove???
Jon has 10 decisions and 10 KO's.
So you can't play that he has no KO power just that he is not interested in KO'ing anyone...

besides, he won every fight, no matter how haters try to change reality he "lost" to Reyes... wishful thinking at its best.

and yet... here we are...

Jones lost long time ago to gus in the first match and then his last few fights so he is pretty irrelevant now

he headkicked Cormier and beat him inside 2 rounds like no one else has ever done

tumblr_otw11q0WX31r7vh24o1_540.gifv

dont care what the record says, it happened, accept it
Tricked him too, DC thought it was a body kick… nonetheless he did cheat so…

Knocked out DC, finished Gus, dominated his division, the guy is a force.

...and yet he has no losses...
I don't understand these kind of threads... what do they prove???

It proves he is a pointfighter, ie someone who is abusing the flawed scoring criteria. It would be different if he at least scores 10-8s in those decisions, but is all 10-9 close rounds. He is not demonstrating impressive skills anymore like he did in the beginning. He is not dominating his opponents at all.

Stoppages rarely happen at the highest levels of MMA (or so I'm told here), which means Jon was truly fighting at the top.

Rarely? Not true. And they happen even more at the highest weight classes.

Shutting someone down is one thing, but it should not result is scoring points because you too are not in the offense. Its just neutralizing.

He landed double the amount of significant strikes DC did every single round

He landed double the amount of significant strikes DC did every single round

Its called significant strike, but its actually significant if you accomplish a 10-8 rounds or finish. If you can only score 10-9 rounds, sorry thats all insignificant nonesense.

It proves he is a pointfighter, ie someone who is abusing the flawed scoring criteria. It would be different if he at least scores 10-8s in those decisions, but is all 10-9 close rounds. He is not demonstrating impressive skills anymore like he did in the beginning. He is not dominating his opponents at all.
Again, you fail to explain why it matters.
He has already proven his skills (time and again).
He only needs to win to stay the champ. And he does that.

It is up to his opponent to beat him, and none has been able to do that.

Jon has always played with the fight book under his arms.
Whether it was by doing things that were frowned upon by other fighters (but allowed by the rule book) or by daring referees to deduct a point when he poked someone's eyes.

But the fact is: You don't have to be flashy. You don't have to be exciting. You have to be better than the competition. and that he is.
Don't blame him. Blame his competition for not going all out on him.
Because that's what you need. Someone who is not afraid of him, that can take chances and beat him.
Until you get someone like that, you can be mad all you want, you are just wasting your time and energy.

You have to be better than the competition. and that he is.
Don't blame him. Blame his competition

We disagree. To me close fights are draws, not wins. To me the definition of winning starts at 10-8 round.

Again, you fail to explain why it matters

Well it matters if we talk about his legacy and GOAT status. Because he is not proving he can win by large margin. If you systematically cant win by large margin, sorry you cant be GOAT.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back