Jon Jones is the greatest combat athlete in history

Gotta have Henry Cejudo in that discussion.
Cejudo briefly reached the top in two different sports.

Someone like Samart Payakaroon dominated at least one sport and was around in another sport winning titles as well.

Therefore, Cejudo is out of the discussion.

hes top 5 but not nr. 1. to much problems with steroids and i think his opponents are overrated.

I don’t see this talked about enough on here

Jon Jones is the undisputed greatest fighter pound for pound of all time

he is 28-0 against killers, over a decade of dominance

Hamill, Bonnar, Bader, Shogun, Machida, Rampage, Rashad, Glover, OSP, Cormier x2, Gus x2, Thiago Santos, Reyes, Vítor Belfort, Chael Sonnen, Matyushenko, Anthony Smith, Brandon Vera

That is a crazy fucking list I don’t care if you walk into the cage with a needle in your ass
Nope

Nai Khanom Tom
Frank Gotch
Theagenes

Are the greatest combat athletes in history.

sorry but no
he's on steroids
and he ducked HW

plenty of boxers have gotten undisputed titles across multiple weight classes
that's much more impressive

I don’t see this talked about enough on here

Jon Jones is the undisputed greatest fighter pound for pound of all time

he is 28-0 against killers, over a decade of dominance

Hamill, Bonnar, Bader, Shogun, Machida, Rampage, Rashad, Glover, OSP, Cormier x2, Gus x2, Thiago Santos, Reyes, Vítor Belfort, Chael Sonnen, Matyushenko, Anthony Smith, Brandon Vera

That is a crazy fucking list I don’t care if you walk into the cage with a needle in your ass
Huh? Cant hear you with the JJ jizz in your mouth

Obviously Mayweather and Pacquiao are the most accomplished combat athletes in history. Thread is silly.

If you want to give Jones a pass for PEDs between 2011-2014 because it was a "level playing field", that's fine, but from the first Cormier fight to present day he was cheating with PEDs and received a level of leniency that no other fighter has ever got.

Hamill? DQ loss.
Bonnar? Not a killer.
Bader? Not a killer.
Shogun? Passed his prime.
Machida? Solid win, though Machida got a title shot being 1-2 in his last three fights and soon after went down to Middleweight.
Rampage? Passed his prime.
Rashad? Solid win.
Glover? Solid win.
OSP? Not a killer.
Cormier? Jones could only win with PEDs.
Gus? Jones lost the first one and popped for PEDs multiple times in the rematch (Gus was also passed his prime by that point).
Santos? Jones lost and Santos had moved up from Middleweight.
Reyes? Jones lost.
Belfort? Solid win but he had moved up from Middleweight.
Sonnen? He was coming off a loss and moved up from Middleweight.
Matyushenko? Not a killer.
Smith? Not a killer and moved up from Middleweight.
Vera? Not a killer.

The mental gymnastics jones haters have to go through to discredit his wins are laughable. Quick question, who do you think has a better resume than jon jones in the ufc ?

Then people shouldn't blame Lance Armstrong.

I give convicted ped cheats zero credit for past accomplishments. Just like they do in real sports. You can’t be the greatest if you cheated the whole time to get there.
This. Look at Lance Armstrong. No one takes cycling serious because of him (the most efficient cheater that didn't get caught for a long time). Fuck both of these douchebag cheaters

Yeah beating up washed up pride legends and MWs while juiced to the gills is pretty impressive

Even Jon doesn't believe this, or he wouldn't have felt the need to use PEDs.

He’s right up there with the best. I’ve seen guys get busted for steroids left and right but none of them had the skills that Jones had.

The only other guy that I have seen that is either above or right at the ridiculous skill level that Jones had in his peak was Fedor from 2003-2005
Since certain PEDs allow you to train longer, and harder, why wouldn't a PED user have better technic than a nonuser?

GSP-Fedor-Silva-Jones and hell I'd put Aldo up there too

Since certain PEDs allow you to train longer, and harder, why wouldn't a PED user have better technic than a nonuser?
Not sure what that has to do with what I said…..?

what I was saying was that even with the rampant amount of steroid abuse in the UFC, none of the known abusers have looked as good as Jones so saying he was the best just because of the steroids is kind of stupid to say.

Last edited:
I actually agree. People hate in Jones because he's an arrogant psychopath cheater, but his accomplishments are unparalleled. Plus everyone else is also on steroids. I think Lance Armstrong is a good comparison for him. Everyone doped in Tour de France but still Armstrong won 7 titles. People hate him because he's a giant asshole that destroyed others' careers in addition to the cheating
7IoQWx.gif

This. I have no problem calling him a psychopath, cheater, fake guy.

He can still be the GOAT.

Not sure what that has to do with what I said…..?

what I was saying was that even with the rampant amount of steroid abuse in the UFC, none of them have looked as good as Jones so saying he was the best just because of the steroids is kind of stupid to say.
And saying there was a "rampant amount of steroid abuse" as a way of giving a pass for Jone's use, is kind of stupid. Especially when you ignore the fact that using PEDs during training to help you train harder and help you recover faster to improve your technic beyond that of people not using, which in turn can help you "look as good as Jones". Also, if there was "rampant amount of steroid use", why is it that Jones was one of the few to get caught?

And saying there was a "rampant amount of steroid abuse" as a way of giving a pass for Jone's use, is kind of stupid. Especially when you ignore the fact that using PEDs during training to help you train harder and help you recover faster to improve your technic beyond that of people not using, which in turn can help you "look as good as Jones". Also, if there was "rampant amount of steroid use", why is it that Jones was one of the few to get caught?

Lol, again I’m not giving him a pass. I’m just saying he’s a naturally amazing fighter and it doesn’t prove he’s not just because he got busted for roids. Im pretty sure he would have still beaten most of his competition without roids because he is a physically and naturally gifted fighter. Also the fact that I would bet most fighters are on something and he still looked dominant over them. I’m not sure why we’re arguing about this hahaha

It’s like we’re having conversations with different people or something. What you’re saying and what I’m saying can exist at the same time. They don’t contradict each other.

Last edited:
If you want to give Jones a pass for PEDs between 2011-2014 because it was a "level playing field", that's fine, but from the first Cormier fight to present day he was cheating with PEDs and received a level of leniency that no other fighter has ever got.

Hamill? DQ loss.
Bonnar? Not a killer.
Bader? Not a killer.
Shogun? Passed his prime.
Machida? Solid win, though Machida got a title shot being 1-2 in his last three fights and soon after went down to Middleweight.
Rampage? Passed his prime.
Rashad? Solid win.
Glover? Solid win.
OSP? Not a killer.
Cormier? Jones could only win with PEDs.
Gus? Jones lost the first one and popped for PEDs multiple times in the rematch (Gus was also passed his prime by that point).
Santos? Jones lost and Santos had moved up from Middleweight.
Reyes? Jones lost.
Belfort? Solid win but he had moved up from Middleweight.
Sonnen? He was coming off a loss and moved up from Middleweight.
Matyushenko? Not a killer.
Smith? Not a killer and moved up from Middleweight.
Vera? Not a killer.

guys like bader, osp, rampage, matyushenko, brandon vera, shogun arent killers? they are professional fighters who weigh in well over 215lbs come fight night and are absolutely capable of knocking out anyone on the planet on any given night

when Shogun lost to Jon Jones he was the champion and just beat prime Machida twice in a row. But he isnt in his prime because Jon Jones dismantled him?

Rampage might not have been in his prime, but he was still dangerous and was on a 3 fight winning streak

they arent little bantamweights

the fact that Jon Jones beat every single grown man on that list is an absolutely mental feat

Back