Jon Jones just posted a vid of him giving a homeless guy gloves on Instagram

What's your basis for this theory? Are you some kind of expert of hate?

Seems like Jones has given people plenty of reasons to dislike him.

I said this in another thread, but I think there's plenty of valid reasons to dislike Jones. But I also think on this site a large portion of it is just people going so far out of their way to be offended by something he's doing because he's the one doing it.

I said this in another thread, but I think there's plenty of valid reasons to dislike Jones. But I also think on this site a large portion of it is just people going so far out of their way to be offended by something he's doing because he's the one doing it.

If there are valid reasons to dislike him, the motivations don't matter.

If there are enough valid reasons, they are enough to support the ones that seem less so. Did Hitler kick puppies? Sure, why not.

Give it a break for fucks sake.

I can't wait to see everyone jump ship from the false Messiah Cormier bandwagon after Jones leaves another corpse in his wake.

Then it will be on to the next "biggest challenge Jones has ever faced in his entire career"

What's a homeless man going to do with gloves?

Buy him a house and get him a job ffs. Just selfish taunting him like that and he's supposed to be grateful? lmao.

I'm a bit late to the party. Haven't seen the vids yet, but this^^^. WTF is a homeless guy going to do with a pair of gloves? Buy him a fucking pizza. I remember when Broner filmed himself giving a homeless guy some money. That was another blatant stunt, but at least the guy can buy something to eat. And I'm hoping by gloves where talking some normal winter gloves and not a pair of mma gloves right? I should probably do some research first, but I couldn't help but put my intial thoughts up haha

EDIT:
[YT]zS3dFVi4bBk[/YT]
Ok watched it. Still not impressed. By the guys a sandwich. And whats up with the other guy not wanting to wear orange? What the fuck kind of privileged homeless people live in America? The guy doesn't do orange because he was locked up? Fuck him, he was probably a rapist or mugger. Waste of time Jon.

Last edited:
If there are valid reasons to dislike him, the motivations don't matter.

If there are enough valid reasons, they are enough to support the ones that seem less so. Did Hitler kick puppies? Sure, why not.

Eh, have you seen some of the things he gets hate for? It's one thing to not like his personality, it's another to be offended that he kicks peoples legs and didn't gently lay Machida down on the ground after choking him unconscious. Motivations matter plenty, imo. Hitler kicking puppies is a valid reason for disliking him, even if it pales in comparison to anything else he's done.

I mean, Jones actually gets hate when he stops robbers and gives something to a homeless person.

Eh, have you seen some of the things he gets hate for? It's one thing to not like his personality, it's another to be offended that he kicks peoples legs and didn't gently lay Machida down on the ground after choking him unconscious. Motivations matter plenty, imo. Hitler kicking puppies is a valid reason for disliking him, even if it pales in comparison to anything else he's done.

I mean, Jones actually gets hate when he stops robbers and gives something to a homeless person.

Dropping Machida was deserved hate. I trained for years, have choked plenty of people out, and have never, ever dropped an unconscious opponent, especially not from a standing position. I find it insane that this has to be explained to people.

As for giving something to a homeless person, he's being hated for posting a video of it, and he deserves that, too, or at least cynicism. You want to do something nice, do it. You want to set an example for people to follow, use someone else as the example. I don't know how smart Jones is but it feels like he knew that he would get criticized for this and is surfing on the cheap publicity.

Somebody made a thread about Jones posting on Instagram giving gloves to a homeless man. I really think when he sees a homeless person the first thing in his head isn't oh lets do something for my career. He might be a guy on TV that you don't like but he still has a heart. So to all the haters saying oh if it was genuine why record it, does he do this when the cameras aren't around? Remember when Jones helped that woman that was being robbed right before one of his fights I think it was when he fought for the belt against Shogun. Guess what that wasn't recorded and posted on Instagram so /thread to all the haters that can't even give a guy credit for doing a nice thing.

You sound like a guy who doesn't really believe Jones meant it when he said he would literally [try to] kill Daniel Cormier if he were to spit in his face.

You need to believe that though. I think Jon, left alone, is a good enough guy. He's humble enough. But he's also very arrogant, and I don't think he would deny it. You combine that with all the pressures of the media, and you have a loose cannon. You have a guy stumbling over his words/actions. You have a guy throwing punches in response to a shove during a staredown. And yes, you even have a world-renowned coach telling him to go get some fans. It is what it is.

Give it a break for fucks sake.

I can't wait to see everyone jump ship from the false Messiah Cormier bandwagon after Jones leaves another corpse in his wake.

Then it will be on to the next "biggest challenge Jones has ever faced in his entire career"

There's only one false messiah here, and it's the guy who publicly stated he was being crucified and would gladly "bear the cross" for the UFC.

Dropping Machida was deserved hate. I trained for years, have choked plenty of people out, and have never, ever dropped an unconscious opponent, especially not from a standing position. I find it insane that this has to be explained to people.

As for giving something to a homeless person, he's being hated for posting a video of it, and he deserves that, too, or at least cynicism. You want to do something nice, do it. You want to set an example for people to follow, use someone else as the example. I don't know how smart Jones is but it feels like he knew that he would get criticized for this and is surfing on the cheap publicity.

You've trained, but have you fought? I don't mean to sound accusatory, but there's a difference. One of the resons I think people dislike him is he comes off very cold and dispassionate when he's fighting. He sort of shuts off. Fighters have different ways of dealing with essentially having to beat someone up for a living, that seems to be his. i recall him saying sround or after the shogun fight that during stare downs and prior to touching gloves he just looks at their bodies and has to see them just a body and not a person. Might be cold, but it works. Big John told him to let go, so he did.

As for the vid, if motivations don't matter at times, it should work both ways. A good act is good even if there ulterior motives. I could definitely see it as trying too boost his image, but giving something to a homeless person is an odd way to invite criticism when it could so much more efficiently be done with something else. I don't quite understand why celebrities should only be charitable in private. It's not far fetched for someone to think their celebrity status could influence others to do the same thing.

And that doesn't address getting hate for stopping and subduing a robber (fake, set up, etc). I responded to someone doing it in this very thread iirc.

Last edited:
When you do something nice it's in bad taste to film it, or brag about it. You just do it because it's the right thing to do. If you do it to convince people you aren't a piece of shit, it only makes you look like more of a douche.

Only Jon Jones can do a nice thing and still get hated on. The haters will find a way to hate on you, even if you are perfect.

No

Jones could have gave him the gloves , hamburger , pizza or car and not instagrammed it and no one would care

taping it and putting it up online is the issue
and I just proved all of you to say that by stating that he helped the girl being robbed and didnt put it online. Read the op

When you do something nice it's in bad taste to film it, or brag about it. You just do it because it's the right thing to do. If you do it to convince people you aren't a piece of shit, it only makes you look like more of a douche.

Robber / your argument. Read the op

maybe because he has proven to be a little duplicitous and insincere with the public? why the fuck are people still not getting this?

or do you just want to live ignorantly because someone did something conceivably nice? the worst intentions can come from something "nice" on the surface.

Who cares if he helped a homeless guy insincerely? It is better than not helping him sincerely.

I have no doubt about good intentions leading to bad things, but that did not happen here, so why bring it up?

I'm pretty sure everyone is glad he did that. I think it also is a bit gross he recorded it and published himself doing so.

Just speaks to the usual concern with Jones... he seems unsure of what he is and what roll he should play (villain or good guy). Quite frankly he appears somewhat sociopathic to me. I know that's a harsh judgement but given his attempts to appease through words and then actions that speak to the opposite.... just my take.

Who cares if he helped a homeless guy insincerely? It is better than not helping him sincerely.

Everyone does. We judge people by their intentions and character all the time, not by the goodness of their actions.

Take Bill Gates. He has done a tremendous amount of good. But he does it in a low-key sort of way, because he really does not care about what the public thinks. He has a huge amount of capital and just goes about doing his business, improving the welfare of some of the worst of people on this planet. His public appearances are mostly to further this cause.

He is ignored. he would not come to mind when people think of someone who has helped and been nice. Instead, it's some celebrity who posted on instagram how hey helped someone. The good they did is almost negligible, and they did it not because they wanted to do good (if they did, they'd do different things), they did it to capture the hearts of their retarded fans.

To those of us not completely naive, the selfishness and manipulation that motivates such actions exceeds the little good (helping one homeless person with, say, MMA gloves? wow, that's gonna make a difference!). they do and we are left with a bad taste.

Everyone does. We judge people by their intentions and character all the time, not by the goodness of their actions.

Take Bill Gates. He has done a tremendous amount of good. But he does it in a low-key sort of way, because he really does not care about what the public thinks. He has a huge amount of capital and just goes about doing his business, improving the welfare of some of the worst of people on this planet. His public appearances are mostly to further this cause.

He is ignored. he would not come to mind when people think of someone who has helped and been nice. Instead, it's some celebrity who posted on instagram how hey helped someone. The good they did is almost negligible, and they did it not because they wanted to do good (if they did, they'd do different things), they did it to capture the hearts of their retarded fans.

To those of us not completely naive, the selfishness and manipulation that motivates such actions exceeds the little good (helping one homeless person with, say, MMA gloves? wow, that's gonna make a difference!). they do and we are left with a bad taste.

Your whole post is absurd. Comparing Jones to others who do much greater and more effective acts of charity to deride his kind act is to make the perfect the enemy of the good. No one is crediting Jon with changing the world or with charity on the level of Bill Gates. He did one nice thing. For that he deserves credit.

Is it enough to change my mind about his character? No. But a man does not have to change the world or even a life to get credit for an act of kindness.

Back