Jon Jones on the metabolite in his system: This could live in my system for 7 years.

7 years? Because if you smoke cannabis once, you can't get a job where they test for drugs for the next 7 years.

This guy's such a sorry excuse. Ever the victim. Never takes responsibility.

The thing is even if he's being 100% honest and he hasn't taken anything new, he's still technically on steroids. His body will continue to receive a benefit others won't.
Ya I thought thats why we do PED tests in sports. To test for the prescence of PEDs. If they're present that's against the rules and you shouldn't be allowed to compete. I don't see the point of drug testing anymore

Jon seems like a really credible, intelligent guy. With a really good set of morals and values. I think i'll believe him.

I'm sure that pregnant woman had it coming anyways.
he didn't know she was pregnant.. he just thought she was a lady.. who happened to be fat

7 is an oddly specific number. Normally, you'd be given a range and not a specific number.

Also, I love the use of the word, "could", since it's used to talk about possibility and not reality. I mean, I could beat Jon Jones in a fight (he could slip on a wet spot on the canvas, face plant and knock himself out).

Yeah, that stuff could be in his system for 7 years. Or it could be in his system for 7 days.

And I could one day run the UFC.

Just with one google search, I was able to find multiple links confirming the long life of these metabolites. One of these was relating to positive turanibol tests for 2006 turin and 2012 london, which were detected in previously frozen urine which was more than 6 months old when frozen. This is well beyond the 40-50 day window quoted numerous times on here, and this was in 2013. Not saying the guy is innocent, just saying there is a lot of misinformation floating around about turanibol detection times as it relates to this. The guy cheated once, and is likely still cheating, but its not conclusive. Tbol is among the longest lasting of anabolic steroids in your system.

This dude thinks the steroids are living inside him?

It doesn't matter. They'll make sure we don't hear about your future failures anyway.
If NSAC had allowed the fight to go ahead we'd have never heard about this one either.

This is true. They will just cover up his cheating

How the hell do you decide to take a steroid that stays in your body for 7 years?

Eat shit, haters.

Good job Jon.

Once a cheater, forever a cheater.

Keep trying to sympathize for PED using cowards. It exposes your lack of respect for the sport of MMA further. Scum like you are why cheaters last as long as they due. Nevertheless, Jon PED Jones is done!

Not even going to lie about it, I was shocked they told us about it this time.
They only told us because they had to move the fight. It wasn't until California agreed to let him fight there that we found out.

Poor Jones being unintenionaly doped and having drugs in his system against his will for several years, I'm glad USADA is making an exception in his case.

He should sue the supplement maker he will make millions.

They only told us because they had to move the fight. It wasn't until California agreed to let him fight there that we found out.

Thing is, they still could've covered it up. They could've made up some shit about changing the venue so a make-a-wish kid gets to see his idol Jon or something.

So basically you can do roids until you get caught however long that may be, accept your suspension if and when you get caught, then just come back and get a free pass for ever more. inb4 everybody starts consuming "tainted creatine" and takes a year or so out.

Jones, 31, has maintained his innocence in the matter, and says he won't let it distract him from his first appearance in 18 months.

Jones has previously failed (and served suspensions for) two drug tests, which has cast a shadow over one of the greatest resumes in the sport's history. In both cases however -- 2016 and 2017 -- USADA ultimately ruled Jones' positive tests were not the result of intentional doping.

USADA and CSAC ruled this latest result was likely caused by a long-lasting metabolite of the same substance Jones tested positive for last year and has provided no performance-enhancing benefit.

The state of Nevada, where this weekend's fight was supposed to be held, couldn't clear Jones in time for UFC 232, so the UFC moved the event California.

Jones acknowledged this week has "been a nightmare" following the announcement of that atypical test, but said he feels personally comfortable with the result.

One thing Jones said he has felt genuinely bad about, however, is the need to relocate the event. Jones was in Las Vegas on Wednesday, and said he spent the day apologizing to other fighters on the UFC 232 card who were affected.

He also announced on Instagram a last-minute autograph signing at his hotel for any fans who traveled to Las Vegas to see the fight. Afterward, he posted a thanks to those who attended.

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/...ssible?platform=amp&__twitter_impression=true
Translation: I'm going to roid for 7 years because the pink clown paid off USADA.

One positive test for turinabol now implies you can serve your suspension and then you have a free pass to test positive for it for the next 7 years...I wonder if anyone would use it again knowing they have a free pass. What a joke..

If this is legit, why the fuck don’t we see it ALL THE TIME with fighters who have previously popped?

Jones had me until he got a 15-month suspension. (The new scandal or fake scandal is irrelevant.) When he explains how he got 15 months instead of 4 years, let's talk about his 7-year theory.

Back