Jon Jones or Fedor: Who has the better 10 names on their resume?

If you are screaming "shut the fuck up" then you've lost the argument. My opinion is my opinion. My "critical thinking" tells me that just because someone beats another fighter doesn't mean that he takes all of the fighter's other victories. In Fedor's prime, he beat a lot of greats. Either former greats or guys who would go on to be great and greats during his time. Fedor just beat Mir, does that mean that Fedor also beat brock via leg-lock? Fedor beat Noguiera and Noguiera went on to become a UFC champ, does that mean Fedor was a UFC champ? MMA math for dummies.

Now, you think that jones is the "goat" and then we go back and forth with our reasoning.

That's how it works. We are all biased and I am particularly biased against guys who cut weight and guys who juice.

My list has Fedor 1st, BJ Penn 2nd and you can pick the rest....
Wow! I got served! By a purist no less. No mma math needed to ask how many of Fedors opponents lost to DC, the only answer is simply that DC is greater than those who beat Fedor thus he is greater than Fedor. Jones beat DC. It’s simple. Your love for Fedor, who couldn’t win at an age many consider to be a HWs prime, has lead you to discredit the opponents of Jones to satisfy your need to discredit Jones. I don’t need to discredit anyone to KNOW which top 10 is better. If I wanted to I’d say something about the fact that Fedor hid from the UFC knowing he would get hurt, came to strike force thinking that would be easier and got killed. Or perhaps I’d talk about His recent Rizin sham where he scraped by a human punching bag in a striking match, how did that punching bag do in the UFC? Oh never mind, math right. Just because he was a punching bag against Rampage doesn’t mean he wouldn’t be a punching bag against Fedor, right?? Because math. But I wouldn’t dare bring that up, I’m no purist or even a TrueFightFan! I simply said DC> the guys who beat Fedor. I love the mma math nonsense, math is never wrong right? Thanks for the lesson Mr. Purist, I’d be lost without you! We all would

Brendan Schaub would of smoked Schilt with ease and he's never been top 10. Everyone you mentioned would destroy Schilt. Kickboxing is so overrated look at Saki and Schilling, both got KTFO by guys that weren't even elite strikers. Hell Schilling got KTFO in his own sport by a low level mma fighter. V

LOL

Ngannou would have destroyed schaub & schillt would have made ngannou his wife.

lol @t Saki

Brendan Schaub would of smoked Schilt with ease and he's never been top 10. Everyone you mentioned would destroy Schilt. Kickboxing is so overrated look at Saki and Schilling, both got KTFO by guys that weren't even elite strikers. Hell Schilling got KTFO in his own sport by a low level mma fighter. V

You are totally wrong because you speculate with nonsense.
"Would of"?
Someone else like me would say that Schilt would smoke them all.

Schilt was ranked in Top 10 by relevant MMA media of that time, and that means that he was seen by MMA community, fans and journalists as quality fighter and great win for anyone at that time, and he had MMA results as a base for such public view.
https://web.archive.org/web/20020808144422/http://www.sherdog.com:80/daily/2002/05/2101.htm
Those are the hard written evidences and facts, and your opinion and speculations are totally irrelevant.

Last edited:
Jones and it's not even close. Fedor is one of the best ever, like top 5 for me, but what was most impressive was how long he had stayed unbeaten in a division where fights can end so fast, but the flipside of that is most fighters he faced wouldnt have even been allowed to sniff Jones farts. Fedor has like 7 solid wins on his resume, Jones has like 10. I've always said I thought Fedors GOAT stock was way more inflated than it should be because of the era he fought in, weight weightclass and how he looked doing it(which is a obviously a positive for him)
My issue always was he fought an insane amount of cans for someone whose considered "the greatest," you dont see any UFC champions in the modern era fighting cans by the boatload like he did. I also think if his top 5 fought the top 5 of heavyweight today they would get annihilated. I think if he had grabbed a UFC belt circa the Lesnar/Velasquez HW era then I might consider him the best but beyond pride he seemed to dodge the top guys his whole career after that.

Also people cant use the steroid thing against Jones in this topic seeing as Fedor basically fought his whole career in orgs that didnt test

You are close but no cigar, my friend. Fedor consistently fought in a division where one shot can put you away. jones has consistently DUCKED this division. You say that Fedor refused to "evolve" and fight in the UFC but Fedor defeated all UFC champions that he faced, including only a 1 fight removed Sylvia and Arlovski. This was in his prime. He had already been through 10 years of wars against roided beasts. So, that the mileage added up and he eventually lost to a guy that came in and destroyed the UFC's "Cain is the greatest ever" mantra still counts for something.

Also, you talk about the heavyweight division being "historically weak" but why do you see "great fighters", like jones, starving and dehydrating themselves to avoid it like the plague if that division is a cake walk?

Finally, Fedor was TKO'd by a heavyweight, in Henderson, and had a rough go against another heavyweight in Maldonado. The fact that they can cut weight to duck divisions doesn't make them what they are. You can fit your size 10 foot into a size 8 shoe but that doesn't make you a size 8. In regards to Henderson, however, do you think that without the TRT he still has the power and stamina to beat Fedor?
Are you that stupid? Henderson and Fabio are HW’s? You just proved your stupidity right there, yikes man.

Wow! I got served! By a purist no less. No mma math needed to ask how many of Fedors opponents lost to DC, the only answer is simply that DC is greater than those who beat Fedor thus he is greater than Fedor. Jones beat DC. It’s simple. Your love for Fedor, who couldn’t win at an age many consider to be a HWs prime, has lead you to discredit the opponents of Jones to satisfy your need to discredit Jones. I don’t need to discredit anyone to KNOW which top 10 is better. If I wanted to I’d say something about the fact that Fedor hid from the UFC knowing he would get hurt, came to strike force thinking that would be easier and got killed. Or perhaps I’d talk about His recent Rizin sham where he scraped by a human punching bag in a striking match, how did that punching bag do in the UFC? Oh never mind, math right. Just because he was a punching bag against Rampage doesn’t mean he wouldn’t be a punching bag against Fedor, right?? Because math. But I wouldn’t dare bring that up, I’m no purist or even a TrueFightFan! I simply said DC> the guys who beat Fedor. I love the mma math nonsense, math is never wrong right? Thanks for the lesson Mr. Purist, I’d be lost without you! We all would
At least you admit to being a "casual". Cormier "decisioned" Frank Mir, Fedor turned his lights out in 43 seconds. How does MMA math work on that one?

As for "discrediting" jones, there is no need. He did all of the damage to his "legacy" on his own. He couldn't face an old, chubby short guy without a little juice. Imagine if he had stepped in the ring against Fedor.... he would have probably brought a knife.

At least you admit to being a "casual". Cormier "decisioned" Frank Mir, Fedor turned his lights out in 43 seconds. How does MMA math work on that one?

As for "discrediting" jones, there is no need. He did all of the damage to his "legacy" on his own. He couldn't face an old, chubby short guy without a little juice. Imagine if he had stepped in the ring against Fedor.... he would have probably brought a knife.
Lol you are too funny!

My GSP or Anderson Silva resume thread went well so I figured I’d try this one out. Let’s keep this clean gentlemen.

Fedor
  1. Big Nog x2 UD,UD (1 NC in three fights)
  2. Cro Cop UD
  3. Tim Sylvia SUB
  4. Andrei Arvloski KO
  5. Mark Coleman x2 SUB,SUB
  6. Mark Hunt SUB
  7. Kevin Randleman SUB
  8. Heath Herring TKO
  9. Frank Mir KO
  10. Renata Babalu Sobral UD

Jon Jones
  1. Daniel Cormier x2 UD,KO(NC)
  2. Alexander Gustafsson UD
  3. Shogun Rua TKO
  4. Rashad Evans UD
  5. Rampage Jackson SUB
  6. Lyoto Machida SUB
  7. Glover Teixera UD
  8. Ryan Bader SUB
  9. TRT 205 Belfort SUB
  10. Chael Sonnen TKO

Some interesting side notes

-Zero common opponents until Fedor vs Sonnen happens this year

-Both have a 10 year period where neither suffered a legitimate loss (Jon’s streak still active)

-Both won their first major title during their 3rd year as a professional.

I thought it would be easier to pick 10 names for Fedor but realized their are so many squash matches littering his W/L record. It became a bit difficult picking names after the top 5. I think Jon Jones has the better top names and overall resume due to him fighting the best available #1 contenders consistently (aside from sonnen). Plus DC is more skilled than anyone Fedor has beaten.

Who do you think has the more impressive resume?

Bones on roids so this whole comparison is a joke.

The second fight with Cormier is a no contest.

Are you that stupid? Henderson and Fabio are HW’s? You just proved your stupidity right there, yikes man.
I proved "my stupidity"? Let me guess, you think that your size 10 foot is a 7 because you were able to duct tape your toes backwards and fit into a 7 shoe, right?

Cutters are duckers, period. Henderson weighs 205-210. He is a "natural heavyweight". Maldonado weighs 215-220. He, too, is a natural heavyweight. I know that this is a foreign concept to your favorite fighters, fighting in the class they actually belong in but hey, I'm stupid so what do I know.

I proved "my stupidity"? Let me guess, you think that your size 10 foot is a 7 because you were able to duct tape your toes backwards and fit into a 7 shoe, right?

Cutters are duckers, period. Henderson weighs 205-210. He is a "natural heavyweight". Maldonado weighs 215-220. He, too, is a natural heavyweight. I know that this is a foreign concept to your favorite fighters, fighting in the class they actually belong in but hey, I'm stupid so what do I know.

You're a fucking idiot. Hendo and Maldonado is a natural HeavyWeight? Hendrick is a natural HW too ri. Fedor record would have been horrible had he fought at MW or LHW.

Well at least you admit you are stupid. No point in talking to window licking idiots life you. Fedor is overrated but he walks on water to you. HW has always been the shittiest division. Jones fought a steady flow of people who are natural HW’s by what you described...-and he never had breaks in between legit fights. Are you 12 years old man?

Last edited:
You're a fucking idiot. Hendo and Maldonado is a natural HeavyWeight? Hendrick is a natural HW too ri. Fedor record would have been horrible had he fought at MW or LHW.
What is funny is that you are calling me a fucking idiot when you are the one who doesn't understand why fighters cut weight. jon jones is a heavyweight, Gustaffson is a heavyweight, Henderson is a heavyweight, Woodley is a heavyweight.... anyone who weighs over 205lbs is a heavyweight. A moron, like you, will come back with "but he fights at... but he fights at..." when it doesn't matter what he fights at and it doesn't matter how much he can weigh for 5 minutes a day before a fight... how much does he really weigh? That will tell you what "weight class" he is.

Well at least you admit you are stupid. No point in talking to window licking idiots life you. Fedor is overrated but he walks on water to you. HW has always been the shittiest division. Jones fought a steady flow of people who are natural HW’s by what you described...-and he never had breaks in between legit fights. Are you 12 years old man?
So, why does jones cut if the heavyweight division is such a cake walk? Fedor could have taken the same path as a lot of your gutless lhw and middleweight champs but he didn't.

So, why does jones cut if the heavyweight division is such a cake walk? Fedor could have taken the same path as a lot of your gutless lhw and middleweight champs but he didn't.
Dude by what you said every LHW is ducking HW, so in reality he is fighting HW right? You are the dumbest person I ever talked with on here wow. I feel sorry for your mother.

Jones.

Fedor only beat a few big names, beating cans is what padded his record.

You must have only watched "UFC Noguiera" where he was a shell of his former self and still managed to win UFC gold.

I saw Pride Nog and the best you could say about him would be that he could possibly catch a submission on DC, who's never been submitted, while DC is busy beating the shit out of him either standing or on the ground.

It's not at all a favourable fight for Nog at any point in their careers.

8889461930_5afaff696c.jpg

I wonder who's the HW and who's the LHW...

Fedor

1. Big Nog x2 = DC x 2
  2. Cro Cop > Alexander Gustafsson
  3. Tim Sylvia < Shogun Rua
  4. Andrei Arvloski > Rashad Evans
  5. Mark Coleman < Rampage Jackson
  6. Mark Hunt < Lyoto Machida
  7. Kevin Randleman > Glover Teixera
  8. Heath Herring = Belfort
  9. Frank Mir = Ryan Bader
  10. Renata Babalu Sobral > Chael Sonnen
Oh and minus the PEDs

Plus Fedor has a lot of quality other wins that are interchangable for that 9-10 spot - Arona, Rogers, Lindland, Fujita, Semmy even Monson, are solid guys at least as good/dangerous as Chael when Jones fought him

Back