Media Jon Jones ponders fighting Stipe Miocic, Tom Aspinall: "I am not changing my plans for anyone"

On a number between 0 and 100% where would you place Stipe's chance at winning this fight? The other guy said 10%, I say about 25%, what say you? It's wild to me so many people act like Stipe is a bum with no chance.

<seniorvolk>
Jon is at -375 which implies a 79% chance of winning. I think it's actually higher because of the circumstances of the fight. I don't see anyone coming back at that age after years of inactivity and winning a belt.

Jon is at -375 which implies a 79% chance of winning. I think it's actually higher because of the circumstances of the fight. I don't see anyone coming back at that age after years of inactivity and winning a belt.
Ok that sounds about correct. I said 25% and another guy said 20%. Stipe is a huge unknown at this point but I think Jon sort of is too. We've only seen him in the cage for 2 minutes at HW and yeah he made finishing Gane look easy but I think that's more of an indictment on Gane's skills than it is a superb display of skill from Jon. Don't get me wrong, it's Jonny Bones Jones, but Stipe Miocic isn't all that bad himself. We've seen HW's look decent for their age being old where as if it's a lighter weight class you pretty much have no chance.

Ok that sounds about correct. I said 25% and another guy said 20%. Stipe is a huge unknown at this point but I think Jon sort of is too. We've only seen him in the cage for 2 minutes at HW and yeah he made finishing Gane look easy but I think that's more of an indictment on Gane's skills than it is a superb display of skill from Jon. Don't get me wrong, it's Jonny Bones Jones, but Stipe Miocic isn't all that bad himself. We've seen HW's look decent for their age being old where as if it's a lighter weight class you pretty much have no chance.
Stipe was never bad, he's just old and rusty at this point. I was excited about this fight 3 years ago but there doesn't seem like there's any point to it now involving the belt. We're just watching Jones Conor the division. I don't think he retires as long as he is given total freedom to cherry pick his fights. If he beats Stipe as expected he will just waffle around for another year looking for an easy fight, he's a sport killer.

Stipe was never bad, he's just old and rusty at this point. I was excited about this fight 3 years ago but there doesn't seem like there's any point to it now involving the belt. We're just watching Jones Conor the division. I don't think he retires as long as he is given total freedom to cherry pick his fights. If he beats Stipe as expected he will just waffle around for another year looking for an easy fight, he's a sport killer.
The complaints about Jon cherry picking and not fighting the Interim champ do have legitimacy and are perfectly understandable. Jon deserves his share of criticism for it, but it's the UFC that allows it and enables it for their own financial gain. I kind of understand that too since they are a business after all, but it's not a good look trading long term benefits for short term benefits.

I would be fine if they stripped Jon. I don't think he even needs the belt as his legacy is already pretty much cemented even if he never fought again. I came to terms a long time ago though that the UFC is going to do whatever they want to do and Dana is so dead set on this fight happening it just is what it is. I'm still looking forward to our 2 UFC HW Champions defending their belts this year.

Everybody knows Stipe only has a 33 1/3% chance of winning.

Back