Jon Jones(present) vs 2005 Fedor, who would you favor in a cage+unified rules?

Fedor would knock Jones senseless and I don't see it really be a close fight tbh. Fedor was just too fast and packed too much power in his hands. Guys that were SHW's cutting down to 265 went down, what happens to Jones. Not that this fight isn't competitive on paper, I just think Fedor would crack Jones before anything really happened.

Last edited:
We'll never know how Jones would do against heavyweights because he refuses to fight them. His legacy will be PEDs and never facing larger fighters. To say that he would roll over the best heavyweight of the era is silly, he won't even fight a gatekeeper in his prime.

I would want Fedor to win with every fiber of my being but I would likely pick Jones even in his current form which has felt diminished for a couple fights (particularly the OSP and second Gus fights). So basically Jones doesn't even need to be at his best to beat Fedor at his best. That's fucked up.

When was the last time Jones fought at HW? Oh, right, never.
Why? You do the maths.

Fedor would respect Jones but not at all be cowed by the hype. He'd get inside the oblique kicks no problem and overwhelm Jones on the feet. Jones wouldn't be able to backpeddle over and over to control the range because Fedor would capitalise.

Grappling cancels out? You're crazy.

Fedor would bear fuck him on the ground.

Prime Fedor was just a vicious and cold hearted killing machine. I honestly think he would destroy Jones.

Fedor has a vastly superior state of mind in his Prime and massive power.

I've never seen a Jones fight where I was completely amazed by anything he did. And I've watched them all.

Many Fedor fights have left me just speechless. Fedor takes this one.

I've never seen a Jones fight where I was completely amazed by anything he did. And I've watched them all.

Many Fedor fights have left me just speechless. Fedor takes this one.

You either are a troll or are ignorant to what you see. I'm not sure which. Jon Jones, the youngest champion in UFC history has never impressed you? Jon Jones, the guy that beat 5 former champions, consecutively, never impressed you? He's the only man in history that made Shogun tap to strikes. He standing choked Lyoto into a living death. He submitted TRTor who is a legitimate blackbelt in BJJ. He destroyed Rampages legs and then rear naked choked him. He head kick KO'ed Daniel fucking Cormier. He destroyed Gus the second time around so bad Gus practically couldn't even hit him. His defensive wrestling is second to none, we've never even seen his guard during his career because nobody can top control him. His clinch game is one of the best I've ever seen and to make matters worse his control of range is obscene.

But he's never impressed you in any way? Just another run of the mill journeyman right?

Fedor has a sloppy brawling punchers chance…

But in all reality, Jones pushes fedors shit in worse than Mitrione did.

Back