Media Jon Jones reflects on Dominick Reyes fight

He won 0 rounds clearly

Rd 1 was close to a 10-8 for Reyes, and there are good arguments for him winning every other round too
10-8? Man…I accidentally watched this fight with no sound (was at a bar) and gave it to Jones. I didn’t see a robbery at all. A lot of what Reyes was throwing wasn’t hitting shit.

Some people will never get over the fact that on Reyes’ best night, of his LIFE, he couldn't beat Jones, and Jones remains undefeated.
And on his "best" night he literally just coasted the last two rounds and allowed Jon to steal the entire fight. Careless style of fighting that Reyes displayed that cost him a championship and legendary status. All he needed to do was win one of the last two rounds and he would have won clearly. Instead he allowed Jones to dictate the pace of the championship rounds which made Jon look fresher in the end and Reyes looking fatigued and ineffective.

Probably one of the lowest fight IQ moments of all time. And unlike Glover flailing against Jiri or Gastelum trying to take down Adesanya those guys were concussed and damaged and not thinking right. Reyes made the decision on the stool after round three to coast. His coaches should have been screaming at him after round four.

Am I? Then I remember absolutely nothing about the rematch.

The Frankie vs Bendo fights played out exactly the same as the first two Volk vs Max fights.

First fight decision wasn't bad at all, Bendo (and Volk) clearly won, but the UFC wanted Frankie (and Max) to win so they drummed up a fake controversy to justify the rematch.

Then Frankie (and Max) got legitimately jobbed in the rematch. Basically karma for the UFC.

Question for Jones fans. How did you score the first 3 rounds ?
30-27 for Reyes lol

I personally thought he lost both the Reyes and first Gus fight. Still like Jon and think he's a much better fighter than either of them though. Just shit the bed in those fights.

Last edited:
Who cares reyes is done...and it was a fluke.
Prime jones makes love with dominick anyway he wants.
also it would of been an epic disgrace if HE was the one
to finally beat jones, thank the lords for the MMA GODS!

THE MMA GODS COULD NOT ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN
<DisgustingHHH>
the only one honorable fighters for jon to lose to is Francis, tyson fury, Wilder, DC, Anthony rumble johnson, anderson silva, Izzy, and stipe Maybe Gane too.. Everybody else is not worthy to beat such a goat
<4>
{<hhh]seriously could you imagine dominick beating jones only to get flatlined in his next fights like that
[<dunn]

True, but that did have 3 rounds of feeling mostly like Rua won. So although you could end up with 50-45 Rua easily, you could also see a 48-47 Machida. Whereas this was fully like 90% assuredness, almost unarguably, the most obvious 48-47 someone could score. It's like rolling three dice and coming up with three 1's, vs flipping a coin and having it land on it's edge. One's got a lot more avenues for failure, sure, but the other just shouldn't happen.

I'm too biased with today's scoring to fairly judge Rutten-Randleman, which is usually a big argument for worst title robbery. Edgar vs Penn 1 comes up a lot and Edgar-Bendo 2 is probably the worst title robbery ever, but one of the least cared about because of all the rematch syndrome LW had at the time. Worst in recent memory is Condit-Lawler though.
Condit - Lawler is one of my top 3 title fights ever, and the best at welterweight. I believe Carlos won a clear 48-47 but Lawler routinely came through with close decisions. Even the Rory fight wasn’t going his way until the TKO.

Reyes 123
Inspirational.
The first round did make a bit of a statement. Wonder which of round 2 or 3 Jon thinks he won, since his fans can't quite seem to get on the same page for that one.
Even he knows he lost lmao
49-46 Reyes is a better card than 48-47 Jones
The biggest robbery in the history of UFC title fights.
That “win” didn’t age well.
Still mind boggling that Reyes went from arguably beating the GOAT to getting flatlined by Spann in less than half a round. Crazy sport.
He said something similarly to it before, tho he said that voice wasn't as resounding as he made it seem here.
He also talked about interesting matches and mentioned Reyes. Reyes was well on his losing streak. I think he said it because he didn't feel he won that fight.
I’ve watched that fight several times. I don’t see how anyone could come away with Jones winning it. It wasn’t a sweep or anything, but Jones lost the 1st 3 clearly.
30-27 for Reyes lol
I personally thought he lost both the Reyes and first Gus fight. Still like Jon and think he's a much better fighter than either of them though. Just shit the bed in those fights.
CRY HARDER

<{RoseRun}> HE IN LOVE WITH THE CO CO
AND HE GOT IT FOR THE LO LO !

<DCrying>Another GOAT YALL dont deserve !!

And on his "best" night he literally just coasted the last two rounds and allowed Jon to steal the entire fight. Careless style of fighting that Reyes displayed that cost him a championship and legendary status. All he needed to do was win one of the last two rounds and he would have won clearly. Instead he allowed Jones to dictate the pace of the championship rounds which made Jon look fresher in the end and Reyes looking fatigued and ineffective.

Probably one of the lowest fight IQ moments of all time. And unlike Glover flailing against Jiri or Gastelum trying to take down Adesanya those guys were concussed and damaged and not thinking right. Reyes made the decision on the stool after round three to coast. His coaches should have been screaming at him after round four.
I don't think he was taking those rounds off. Reyes threw consistently in the 4th and 5th

But Jones just seemed like he dialed into a different gear and was fighting more like himself.

Feels more like he took the first 3 rounds off and then snapped out of it in 4/5

He landed more clean strikes in those 2 rounds than Reyes landed in the entire fight.

Its def up there, I got it at number 3 after machida rua 1 and gsp hendrix

His veteran guile saved him in that fight.

Vs Gus tho... he doubted himself but the savage in him found that hellbow and made Gus suffer.

I don't think he was taking those rounds off. Reyes threw consistently in the 4th and 5th

But Jones just seemed like he dialed into a different gear and was fighting more like himself.

Feels more like he took the first 3 rounds off and then snapped out of it in 4/5

He landed more clean strikes in those 2 rounds than Reyes landed in the entire fight.
Reyes was gasping for air staying away. He didn't take rounds off, he spent all he had in the first 3.

Jones knew Reyes couldn't keep up the pace and was pressuring him in second gear to make him gas. His mistake was letting Reyes get a bit of a lead, he had more cardio than Jon expected.

lol Condit actually legit won 4 of 5 rounds and somehow lost to Robbie Lawler, the real biggest robbery in UFC title fights

Back