Jon Jones tempted to switch to boxing

What makes him think he could make it in boxing? His boxing isn't that good and he doesn't hit that hard. And talking about fighting Joshua he'd be dwarfed. Conor is better than JJ at boxing and he hasn't got back in the ring since he got owned by Mayweather, JJ has nothing for boxing.

One word ........... money.

Boxing can pay money MMA can only dream of, Jones is 31 and is milking his fame as a fighter because he can't trust himself to get back on the horse for a title run without fkin up and running someone over in his car coked up so he's after one off mega fights, tbf to him he basically admitted it.

Also the car line is not fighter bashing ......... especially when he's actually done it!

........... but yeah Deontay would own him hard, in MMA Jones is a big LHW and has a tricky style, in boxing at HW with hands only he has nothing.

Well, boxing is the weakest part of his game, and he's not a heavy puncher even by MMA standards, so he can never be expected to have any real success in the sport. Probably just idle shit talk.

Boxing is generating noise right now. Perfect promotional strategy on his part. He'd have to be very clean if he transitioned.

All of this money talk is a bore however. Floyd did something to these boys. Everybody talks money, keep that in the negotiations. Let the fans just see the fight. I don't personally care about money I'm never going to see. I care about the fight.

Sure, why not? Not sure why you guys are so jaded towards crossovers. Just let them bang bro

It takes away from credibility of the matches in my view. The guy has no fights or resume in boxing. He gets a fight solely because of his name. If they allow it I wouldn't be sour. Clearly enough people would want to see it if they did. Give the people what they want I guess.

1 fight = resurgence ?
Not sure what you mean by one fight. This year has been full of great heavy weight fights.

Ortiz vs wilder
Joshua vs povetkin
Chisora vs takam
Whyte vs parker

Even bellew vs haye was good. That's just a few of some of the awesome fights this year.

Not sure what you mean by one fight. This year has been full of great heavy weight fights.

Ortiz vs wilder
Joshua vs povetkin
Chisora vs takam
Whyte vs parker

Even bellew vs haye was good. That's just a few of some of the awesome fights this year.

And we're going to get (assuming no fuck ups between now and December) Fury/Wilder before the year is out, as well.

This probably doesn't happen but if it does I hope he fights a few lower level guys to get some experience and tries to work his way up. If he's still 0-0 and gets some big fight it will be pretty dumb.

His hands are his weakest attribute. I would love to see him crossover just to see him get obliterated......

Wilder gonna kill this man, stick to the UFC where you can be the GOAT

The first straight right than lands from Wilder, crushes him.

One word ........... money.

Boxing can pay money MMA can only dream of, Jones is 31 and is milking his fame as a fighter because he can't trust himself to get back on the horse for a title run without fkin up and running someone over in his car coked up so he's after one off mega fights, tbf to him he basically admitted it.

Also the car line is not fighter bashing ......... especially when he's actually done it!

........... but yeah Deontay would own him hard, in MMA Jones is a big LHW and has a tricky style, in boxing at HW with hands only he has nothing.
I wasn't asking why does he want to box, that's obvious. What I was asking was what does HE have for boxing to make an event. Nothing but a bit of a name. Unlike Connor he's not an amazing trash talker and most MMA fans know his boxing isn't that good. I don't think that many people would be interested in watching him get splattered by Wilder.

And we're going to get (assuming no fuck ups between now and December) Fury/Wilder before the year is out, as well.

.............. and Bellew vs Usyk for the unified Cruiserweight belts.

That will be one of the best CW fights of all time considering what's at stake plus Bellew brings the allure of beating what was considered the best British CW ever, twice.

........ and then Fury vs Wilder, quite frankly 2018 has been the biggest hard on ever for a single year of elite boxing, I've never seen anything quite like it to memory.

I don't think that many people would be interested in watching him get splattered by Wilder.

I don't know, Jones has that "Greatest MMA fighter of all time" mantle and Wilder brings the pain (unlike the Mayweather fight) I think boxing purists would be interested purely to see the trashing Jones would get, Wilder or even Joshua are definitely the guys for the job.

That age old MMA vs Boxer schtick still carries weight for a one off fight.

.............. and Bellew vs Usyk for the unified Cruiserweight belts.

That will be one of the best CW fights of all time considering what's at stake plus Bellew brings the allure of beating what was considered the best British CW ever, twice.

I mean, it's not a particularly interesting fight. Bellew beat the corpse formerly known as David Haye and is rightfully a massive underdog. It's pretty close to being a genuine mismatch. Usyk is going to win easily.

Jones has awful fundamentals and is hardly a big puncher in 4oz let alone 12oz, he would get cleaned up on by any decent HW

Haha. As if he is anywhere near McGregor in terms of boxing skills or fame. He has no business entering a boxing ring, and if he doesn't understand that he is even dumber than he seems.

he'd get destroyed

stick to mma

Any Arena? Come on Bones kills these guys in a mma fight he loses badly though in boxing.

Fuck Canner/Floyd for starting all this cross sport nonsense.

Back