Jon Jones vs. Ovince St. Preux Official For LHW Interim Belt UFC 197 Main Event (Poll)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jones is going hospitalize OSP for sure. I almost feel bad for the guy but he's lucky that he's getting an interim title shot. He would never ever get a title shot any other way because everyone in the top 5 would finish him.

Creds to Jones for taking the short notice fight even though he's basically just collecting a paycheck.

I realize it's short notice, so you can't be picky. I can live with this fight.

But for an interim title???? WHY??????

I see no way that OSP can win this fight.

I wont even give him the "punchers chance" for a brotha he has no rhythm or athleticism.(yes rhythm is important)

Bader took him down at will. I see Bones doing the same and slicing him open on the ground. That said......

100 bucks will be placed on OSP

I love to root for the underdog. Especially against JBJ.

OSP!

Was OSP in camp for a fight? Buster was in the shape of his life, and focused like never before, due to personal events in his life at the time. Another two week camp replacement and another bogus interim title are just too much. We need to boycott these cards or they're just going to take it for granted they can pull stunts like this.
the intertim isnt bogus tbh
JBJ wins, they make champ vs champ @200 +JBJ will be on a 10-0 title fight streak which helps marketing
if OSP beats jon he'll fight DC next + JBJ is the true champion so ofc beating him gets you a belt

the intertim isnt bogus tbh
JBJ wins, they make champ vs champ @200 +JBJ will be on a 10-0 title fight streak which helps marketing
if OSP beats jon he'll fight DC next + JBJ is the true champion so ofc beating him gets you a belt
That's what I mean, it's for marketing purposes only, DC is the champ. It's the same thing they do in boxing, make interim and super titles, to market the cards as championship fights. JBJ didn't lose the title in the ring but he was legitimately stripped of the title. 2 week camp OSP has no chance against Jones. He wasn't locked up like Tyson and coming back rusty. He's been in the gym all this time.

what a garbage ass fight, easy ass win for jonny

it seems like 90% of jj's fights are short notice and/or MWs

Obviously OSP is an underdog for good reason, but I still feel like this could be an interesting fight for a couple rounds. OSP is about the same size as Jones, throws at weird angles and has big power. I'm disappointed in losing Cormier, but I'll still watch this.

I think the fight could be competitive for 1 round and then cardio kicks in.

Jones has been out for over a year. I think he will be rusty and slow to get going.

I think Ovince will hurt Jones with strikes and finish the fight.

Do I think this makes Ovince the better fighter? No. I think the timing is just going to play a big part in this fight. In a rematch between the two I would bet on Jones. But I feel that Ovince could get the upset on this occasion.

OSP best chance imo is to land a big leg kick or two on Jones skinny legs. It's really the only visible problem as far as pain that Jones has had in the octagon or acknowledged after.

Everyone saying OSP will win needs to get in on record. :)

With any top 20 HW made more sense than this!

OSP wouldn;t even be top 5 in Bellator!!! This is fucking absurd! Heck, might not even be a top 10 UFC mw. This is so, so, so, bad. Where is Trump when you need him to talk about how much this fight sucks?
He is number 6 ranked. He is a legit threat.

Back