Jon Jones vs. Ovince St. Preux Official For LHW Interim Belt UFC 197 Main Event (Poll)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With any top 20 HW made more sense than this!

OSP wouldn;t even be top 5 in Bellator!!! This is fucking absurd! Heck, might not even be a top 10 UFC mw. This is so, so, so, bad. Where is Trump when you need him to talk about how much this fight sucks?

OSP is #6 LHW in the UFC. He'd be Bellator champ.

OSP is a dangerous fight on short notice. His TDD sucks but he has a strange style, he has the size, awkward footwork, strange angles on his strikes, dude might have the most non Rumble power in the division and very unorthodox grappling/BJJ game. I think hes more athletic than Bones as well

If Bones doesnt get on top of him i could see him struggling. But of course OSPs shit TDD and gas tank are major red flags. Could still see him giving Bones problems early
OSP is a dangerous fight on short notice. His TDD sucks but he has a strange style, he has the size, awkward footwork, strange angles on his strikes, dude might have the most non Rumble power in the division and very unorthodox grappling/BJJ game. I think hes more athletic than Bones as well

If Bones doesnt get on top of him i could see him struggling. But of course OSPs shit TDD and gas tank are major red flags. Could still see him giving Bones problems early

Couldn't agree more, remember Gustafsson anyone. Jones obviously hate not planning for a particular opponent, that he took it hints that either the ufc is losing its sense of humour and he's being forced or potentially worse he doesn't see him as a threat if so big mistake as anything can happen in a fight i.e Mousasi vs Hall

Except Rumble is injured and turned down the fight.

But hey, don't let me get in the way of your over the top hatred of Jones.
My bad in that case, wasn't aware. However, I have zero hatred for Jones. Don't like him as a person one bit, but I most certainly don't hate the fella.

OSP's only chance is if Jon slips on a skateboard.

Well, Could Jones handle Hunt's punch or Rumble's punch? I doubt he can handle hunt... But this fight is pure BS... Not paying for this

Saint Preux via skateboard (?)

5mT63zC.gif

LOUSY fucking fight. Is it better than taking Jones completely off the card? Yeah. But not by much. This fucking sucks.

i think in terms of pure athleticism, OSP is probably superior to Jones, but in terms of ability to use that athleticism and depth of skill, this fight, on paper, is not even remotely close. OSP, by no means, is a great striker, but he has his moments, he's just too weak for Jones in the grappling and clinch. OSP is loose and light and gets high marks for his willingness to commit, so anything is possible.

But the psychology of nothing to lose against a guy coming off a mountain of personal problems and setbacks is all too ripe for an upset. Jones comes in and lays wastes, its going to be a great sign of things to come for Jones; regardless of the unenthusiastic name in OSP, i think Jones will get a huge burst of confidence if he can beat OSP handily.

OSP does not have the talent to beat Jones. Jones' fight IQ is way superior. He is going to make OSP look like an amateur, and all paying fans are going to want their money back.

wat?

for real?

realsies?

lol. what a news to wake up to. I guess its still cool to see Jones back in the Cage. But seriously, they couldn't get anyone else?

Both Glover and Evans are training for a fight this month. Couldn't it be one of them? I know he's beaten them both, but still...

Even Bader would have been better. Sure he just came off a beat down by Rumble, but he has beaten OSP and was on a 5 fight winning streak. They went and chose OSP of all fucken people. I can't get over what a shitty fight this is.

DANA forced DC to drop to give Jones a gimme fight. What a joke.

Also I will be putting 50 bucks on OSP just in case. The odds will be insane.

Dude, that is like taking a lighter to your 50 dollar bill, lighting it, then watching it turn to ash right before your face.

Sucks you have to bet over a grand just to get a cpl hundred dollars back because I have never seen a more certain outcome in a fight. But you'd have to bet over 5 grand just to make a grand in profit.

Even Bader would have been better. Sure he just came off a beat down by Rumble, but he has beaten OSP and was on a 5 fight winning streak. They went and chose OSP of all fucken people. I can't get over what a shitty fight this is.

Your acting like everyone was jumping at the chance to face Jones on short notice.

Was OSP in camp for a fight? Buster was in the shape of his life, and focused like never before, due to personal events in his life at the time. Another two week camp replacement and another bogus interim title are just too much. We need to boycott these cards or they're just going to take it for granted they can pull stunts like this.

Pull stunts like fucking what? Replacing an injured fighter? Think before you mindlessly spew garbage.

Dude, that is like taking a lighter to your 50 dollar bill, lighting it, then watching it turn to ash right before your face.
Come on man. You probably would have said the same thing to me before the holm vs rousey fight.

its too easy to pick jones. im gonna call the upset just in case.

....osp by miracle

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JorgeHatha
Back