News Jon Jones vs Stipe Miocic set to headline UFC 295 on November 11th

Who wins?

• Total voters
It's possible that Jones didn't want to fight Miocic, but really, REALLY didn't want to fight Sergei.
Who do you imagine he did/does want to fight? No one?

Wait but... Jones will never go to hw, it's too dangerous, right sherdog?
Yep..

Fighting DC with 12 extra pizzas and buckets of wings in his belly was always going to be his undoing.. Right Sherdog?

Lol. How old is Stipe now. 50?

Picto trying to pick off elderly full time firefighters. He ducked Stipe all the way up to almost 2024.

{<jordan}

He's the same age as Jan Blachowiz. The same guy who you want to fight Alex.

Who do you imagine he did/does want to fight? No one?

I wasn't talking about my own beliefs, rather imagining a scenario. I do think he wants to fight Miocic, because he views him as the opponent whose loss would give the most cred for the least effort — most bang for the buck, if you will.

But talking of bucks...Jon has been saying that after that fight he plans to retire. If he views it as his last cashout, surely he's been trying to wheedle as much money as he can squeeze out of Dana before signing the contract. So the whole idea I presented of the Pavlovich promotion in rankings being a gentle threat to get Jon to sign onto the Miocic fight, preposterous as it might seem, could still be true. Only it wasn't a case of the who, but the when. Clearly, announcing the fight during International Fight Week was desired.

Stipe getting his retirement fight payday

Jon was never going to lose when people expected it. Look at his losses/near losses in the Gus 1, Santos, and Reyes fights. Stipe fits that pattern. Hopefully he makes a good fight of this and knocks Jones the fuck out. We deserve it.

If I knew how to post a GIF *imagine emperor palpatine saying "good"*

I feel you’re being disingenuous by referring to Gane as #1 HW. That’s a subjective rank picked by the UFC for the UFC.

He was unproven and in fact evidence showed he was a weak contender at best when he lost his only title shot to a non grappler by grappling.

Ciryl Gane was a walkover match up for Jones. Walkover. Look it up.

<WhatIsThis>

"I feel you’re being disingenuous by referring to Gane as #1 HW. That’s a subjective rank picked by the UFC for the UFC."

Thats the organization they fight in braniac. The UFC, you know for the UFC championship

of course it was a "walkover" match. Anyone Jones beat would go from "Jones Killer" to "Walkover" . Happens everytime, look it up

This would have been a pick em if this was the Stipe from 4 years ago. After his wars with DC and after he got sent to the shadow realm by Francis, I'm not so sure.

Sherdoggers love to play both sides. "Jon ducked him" or "This isn't a dangerous fight" or some other lame crap. You can't have it both ways.

Just enjoy it yall. You have the best light-heavyweight ever facing the best heavyweight ever. That's a massive fight. Stipe is older, but age doesn't play nearly the same factor at heavyweight as other weight classes. Jon didn't duck Stipe. Stipe didn't duck Jon. They're both dangerous to the other. Period. I've said it a thousand times and I guess I'll say it again: If you honestly believe either professional fighter is "afraid" or ducking the other, you are a silly person with no credibility.

Fight me.

If I can get anything for $700 or less, I’m definitely going.

You really do bring up Conor everywhere lol. It's kind of crazy. Did he take your girl to a bathroom stall before?

Don't blame me for the marketing gimmick called Conor's career. You're the mark that fell for it.

And no, I don't fuck fat girls like your hero does.

I would love to see this fight if Jon would only get 2months off before fighting another top 5 hw. And not some year long mulling of retirement before his next fight.

Lmao at the current state of the HW division, a 41 year old fireman who hasn't fought in years is getting a title shot. WOAT HW era of all time.

Back