Jones looked terrible

Don't know about that. It was probably just his Couture-Sylvia/Coleman-Bonnar moment. He's not staying at the top for long at his age. He's gonna be selective about the next couple of challengers and retire.

You just went full retard.
OP no!
never-go-full-retard-tropic-thunder.gif

<Prem771>
OP
<Deported1>

Fast enough to evade Gane's left and take his back standing.

TS is a hardcore Alexander Gustafson fan, excuse his salty discharge.
That makes sense now.

I was arguing with him about how little Jones gets hit with clean strikes, he was treating fight stats as if they were gospel, followed by posting several gifs, most of which showed glancing blows.. lol

Mega anti Jones bias for sure.

He looked so old, slow and sluggish from the moment the fight started. Then Gane somehow decided to give his back to Jon, which was the only way I thought before the fight Jones might land a takedown. Good for Jones, Gane 100% deserved that.

What you are dealing with is delusion because you can't comprehend how you could be so wrong. You thought Gane would win but your dreams are shattered. You thought it was just 30 lbs of fat ... How could it be?

From now on stop being a fucking casual.

Because you don't know what the hell you are looking at. He literally walked down the supposedly fastest HW, and was smartly still able dodge those punches. That's the main take away here, he showed no fear of Gane power, and was able to dodge and counter his strikes.

That makes sense now.

I was arguing with him about how little Jones gets hit with clean strikes, he was treating fight stats as if they were gospel, followed by posting several gifs, most of which showed glancing blows.. lol

He is the type to adjust scoring criteria to justify Jones losing, even though he will contradict himself to do it.

He was absolutely insufferable after Jones/Gus 1, rumors are he has Gus's win-loss tattoo copied as his own tattoo on his ass.

Here's the problem with this ttype of thread..

IF JONES looked as terrible as u say and he did that to Gane...

Then How fucking terrible is Gane then...

Just take ur L and SHAT UP

Yes, Gane looked even worse.
That makes sense now.

I was rooting for Jones in this fight. I tend to root fighters that are underdogs in my eyes. He is just clearly out of his prime and it showed. Anyone who has followed his career closely the past +10 years should be able to see that.

Ps."Most of which showed glancing blows". So you are a liar. Ok.

He looked so old, slow and sluggish from the moment the fight started. Then Gane somehow decided to give his back to Jon, which was the only way I thought before the fight Jones might land a takedown. Good for Jones, Gane 100% deserved that.

jones hasn’t fought in over three years and immediately was thrown into a fight against a top 3 HW in his prime and made him tap in a minute. You are used to seeing a guy 30 pounds lighter and shredded try to keep up here. Silver belts should know better sherbro

Yes, Gane looked even worse.

I was rooting for Jones in this fight. I tend to root fighters that are underdogs in my eyes. He is just clearly out of his prime and it showed. Anyone who has followed his career closely the past +10 years should be able to see that.

Ps."Most of which showed glancing blows". So you are a liar. Ok.
You can find a few relatively clean strikes that Gus landed. In the grand scheme though, very few. Almost everything fighters land on him is glancing. How little he's actually been cleanly hit in his career is something most fans don't recognize yet.

I think we need to be cognizant of what a clean strike actually constitutes as well. Because I think we may have different definitions.

That being said, he did look a bit sluggish on the feet here. Which is perhaps to be expected. 3 years out of the game, 3 years older, more weight to carry. At the same time, Jones is someone who adjusts on the fly to a fight rapidly as it happens.

We didn't really see enough to say anything conclusive.

In this case, his striking was only a vessel to set up the takedown. It's clear what the gameplan was, I don't think he really needed to be pretty to make it happen.

Feeder cultists are on suicide watch tonight.

Jon definitely looks older and slower, because he's literally older and now heavier and slower.

Either way, he's still highly skilled and fighting at heavyweight which has the lowest average skill of every division.

Gane was getting out grappled by an absolutely terrible wrestler in Ngannou. The skill gap between him and Jones is wild.

Stipe had trouble wrestling Ngannou in their rematch too.

It looks like Jones is going to be able to set up his retirement fund on this HW run without taking that much damage.

These are the kind of threads that completely invalidates this website at times. Up for the dumbest post of the year. “Looked terrible”. 2 minutes into the fight. Yea ok. Nice job

Back