Jones the only one calling himself GOAT

Regardless if you think proven drug cheaters fighting smaller opponents for most of their career should be in the conversation for GOAT or not. John Jones stands out in the fact he's the only GOAT candidate calling himself GOAT, saying it's not even close. Is there something to this self-proclaimed goatness?
What about non proven drug cheaters like the dude in your av?

some fans hate it but most fighters pick jones, there's a lesson in there somewhere

Regardless if you think proven drug cheaters fighting smaller opponents for most of their career should be in the conversation for GOAT or not. John Jones stands out in the fact he's the only GOAT candidate calling himself GOAT, saying it's not even close. Is there something to this self-proclaimed goatness?
GOATs don't gloat. They just GOAT.
When people KNOW that you're the GOAT you don't have to mention it. GSP never called himself GOAT, neither did Fedor even in his prime.

GOATs don't gloat. They just GOAT.
When people KNOW that you're the GOAT you don't have to mention it. GSP never called himself GOAT, neither did Fedor even in his prime.
Agreed, well put. John Jones truly is the GLOAT :D

What about non proven drug cheaters like the dude in your av?
Defending a proven cheater and without any proof accusing Fedor. That's a bit desperate I must say. Whatever floats your boat.

The entire debate on GOAT status, and this goes for any sport is that GOAT is such a subjective title. "Greatness" is much like "success" as in it is different for everyone. Some people will say the GOAT is the person who beat the most high-level fighters in their prime. Some will say it is the one that showed the most dominance in their fights. Others will say it has to do with what they did in the cage along with how they acted in their community. As far as strictly overall fight talent goes Jon Jones may be number 1.

Defending a proven cheater and without any proof accusing Fedor. That's a bit desperate I must say. Whatever floats your boat.
Didn’t defend anyone, I’m more of a Fedor fan and don’t much like Jones, but only the most naive child would believe guys like Fedor didn’t juice.

He might be the ped asterisk goat but definitely not the real goat.

Part of being a martial artist in my opinion is having enough discipline to not cheat and get caught doing it.

Watch the little vid just before GSP walked out to fight Bisping. GSP says..”A win would help to solidify me as ONE of the Greatest of All Time”.

That man is humble. He is actually everything that Jones will NEVER be.

Jones..

spanky-that-man.gif

He might be the ped asterisk goat but definitely not the real goat.

Part of being a martial artist in my opinion is having enough discipline to not cheat and get caught doing it.

Does that include hiding under a octagon when usada comes lokkin? <Moves><Moves><Moves>

<Y2JSmirk><Y2JSmirk><Y2JSmirk>

Does it include thanking Jebus when you head kick someone unconscious while on gear?

Maybe telling himself that he's the GOAT and believing it is exactly what made him the GOAT

Jones is the GOAT as far as I'm concerned.

His outside the ring antics don't factor in for me. Other fighters are taking PEDs but they are
better at masking or timing them.

Jones is the GOAT as far as I'm concerned.

His outside the ring antics don't factor in for me. Other fighters are taking PEDs but they are
better at masking or timing them.
it's impossible to argue his dominance without bias, i never bought the "praise jesus act, but also do not watch mma for a fighter's personality.

he's been away for so long but if anyone can come back and move up to heavyweight it's jon jones. i'll be buying a ppv for the first time since lesnar vs couture for his comeback.

Back