Jones vs Gane (from the stands - size comparison)

Fine: weigh in at a set weight at a set time.

Your account is almost 10 years old which presumably means that you're not a child; and understood:
-that I "misspoke."
-what I meant.

If you misspoke, then I'm cool with that. I do it as well. :)

I wasn't trying to be a grammar nazi sort, nor was I trying to be childish, it's just that you never know exactly what people think around here, so I thought I'd clarify that LWs aren't agreeing to fight at 155 lbs, even though we often describe weight classes that way. FWIW, if I had noticed that I was replying to your account, I'd have worded it differently, as you are known to be a knowledgeable sort.

If you misspoke, then I'm cool with that. I do it as well. :)

I wasn't trying to be a grammar nazi sort, nor was I trying to be childish, it's just that you never know exactly what people think around here, so I thought I'd clarify that LWs aren't agreeing to fight at 155 lbs, even though we often describe weight classes that way. FWIW, if I had noticed that I was replying to your account, I'd have worded it differently, as you are known to be a knowledgeable sort.

Well, I was kinda cunty; so... there's that

Jones always had an easy cut to 205 and was pretty soft around the middle without cutting at 248. He was always a natural LHW and still is no more than a large LHW (25-30 pound cut from lean at most). Everyone who complained about Jones being too big at LHW also laughed at his chicken legs, not making the connection that his weight distribution was almost certainly a deliberate choice that worked pretty fucking well for him.
Lol at 'natural' lhw. I don't think you know what natural means

Lol at 'natural' lhw. I don't think you know what natural means
Are you trying to say that he was so juiced up that he was a natural MW?

"Natural" at a weight class means someone who can easily make a weight class with a reasonable cut but would have a difficult or impossible cut at the next lower weight class. I'd expect a poster with over 16,000 posts to understand basic fighting terms of art, but I'd be wrong.

greatest of all time.

i laugh when i think about all the stupid posts trashing jones before the fight.

old, slow, couldn't take down reyes or santos etc.

jones is the man right now like it or not.

Seems to me any version of Jones would have destroyed Gane - Ciryl looked like he did not belong.
I still wonder about Jone's stamina with the weight - that question has yet to be answered.

However, a lot of questions were answered and Jones looked as dominant as ever after such a long stay away - props to Jones THE man.

"B-b-but Jones is too skinny for LHW
HW will kill him. Hes ducking and afraid of HW"

"b-b-b-ut Jones is too tall for LHW, his shoulders are so broad."

LOL!

Which the fuck is it?
Chose one.

Do you know what makes cutting weight easier to accomplish?

Steroids.

Jon Jones was a fucking gigantic LHW with a longer reach than 99% of HW's.

This bullshit about making weight does not change that fact.

jon-jones-thiago-marreta-santos-ufc-239-la-media-day.jpg

Hey man
Just started watching MMA?

So in combat sports they use weight classes, thats a measure of mass in pounds

Not height.

For example Jones was 217lbs against Shogun who was 230lbs

230lbs > 217lbs

Thats why fighters are into whats called weight classes. It can be confusing just learning about it and looking at pictures, but read up on it. Itll make sense

<GOT2>

Reactions: 613
Do you know what makes cutting weight easier to accomplish?

Steroids.

Jon Jones was a fucking gigantic LHW with a longer reach than 99% of HW's.

This bullshit about making weight does not change that fact.

jon-jones-thiago-marreta-santos-ufc-239-la-media-day.jpg

They are called WEIGHT classes. Not reach classes.

Jones didn't weigh that much. The day they make classes by reach you may have an argument

Just because he didn’t fight in 3 years doesn’t mean it took 3 years to put on 30 lbs.

Man I get blown away by these comments, but I shouldn't be suprised, most people don't exercise or are fat.

Putting on thirty pounds of efficient weight is fucking hard. ESPECIALLY in your thirties and ESPECIALLY post USADA.

Maybe he did it in less, but for anyone to do it in three, is a huge undertaking.

Man I get blown away by these comments, but I shouldn't be suprised, most people don't exercise or are fat.

Putting on thirty pounds of efficient weight is fucking hard. ESPECIALLY in your thirties and ESPECIALLY post USADA.

Maybe he did it in less, but for anyone to do it in three, is a huge undertaking.

He had already filled out by early last year and was waiting to fight. I’ve seen people struggle to gain any muscle, I’ve seen people gain 20 lbs of muscle in 12 months. Everyone is different.

His cage control is really next level, he didn't give Gane an inch of space to use his striking.

Also questionnable gameplan by Gane. The southpaw distance kickboxing against a wrestler with longer reach? How would that even work?
An orthodox stance, boxing focused style would have been more effective.
French. /

He had already filled out by early last year and was waiting to fight. I’ve seen people struggle to gain any muscle, I’ve seen people gain 20 lbs of muscle in 12 months. Everyone is different.
Elite world class athletes doing high intense cardio?
in 12 month?
at 35?
With drug testing?

You've seen it?

At your local LA fitness?

Frankly this fight doesn't really tell us anything about how great Jones would be at HW. Gane clearly still had very little wrestling ability even after that was exposed when ngannou with cruciate injuries managed to easily take him to the ground and keep him there. Jones next fight against miocic who will be a much more complete fighter will be much more revealing of his true level.

French. /

Gane should think carefully of the advisabiltiy of continuing to train In France under his present coach. He may be realising why ngannou felt he had to leave the same coach and move to USA to train there where he can elevate his q
Ground game a lot more.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back