Jose Aldo threatens to sue UFC and Chael Sonnen

I agree that it's nice to see Aldo sticking up for himself. UFC is really starting to piss me off. Aldo can fight anywhere, maybe he won't make as much money but he will be fine, I'm almost hoping he leaves the UFC after his contract.

I liked Aldo very much and still respect him as one of the best fighters ever, but now I would like to see him get rekt by Conor. It would be the best for the sport. Aldo and guys like him are just being destructive. He should work on forming a fighters union if he would really like to change things.

A fighter's union when everyone has different interests and incomes and can be waived at any time so the jobs wouldn't be union jobs. How would that work exactly?

What Aldo just did is by far the most effective thing someone has been able to do to the UFC to date and will probably be a precedent for the most effective thing anyone can do in the future. A union won't work but having the law on your side might even the balance of power a little. Why would a guy in support of fighters forming a union be against Aldo taking a personal stand?

By idiots. I think it's more likely he takes his payday fight with Conor, beats him then leaves the UFC and joins Bellator to end his career making more money and not being slandered by his employer.

How is he going to make more money at Bellator? He has virtually zero drawing power. He averages about 200-250k per event. It's awful.

Without Conor or some other big name he's got no leverage to make more money.

He deserves blame too as well as the UFc I never said they didn't, but Like i said don't go out of your way to shit on guys who don't do whatever the UFC tells them to do because they're not company guys an then go do the same thing a few months later

Anyways enough about Jones this thread isn't about him

Lol

Jones quotes mean nothing

"I'll never get done for anything like dui"

Something along them lines and few months later he crashes his Bentley

While pissed

Thanks to Chael for airing this out and having an open mind on the situation.

Don't like what someone says about you then say something back. Suing is for wusses.

Yeah, that will get Dana White to relax, he responds so well to that behavior and certainly wouldn't just do it more.

Nuthuggers. There are always some fans that idolize someone so much that it prevents them from using logic.

Most days I tend to be desensitized to it. But there are still the exceptions where the overwhelming stupidity starts to bother me. It has been nice to read your posts. A few others as well

Peace

Dana made his comments based on the advice of 3 doctors. Good luck suing him lol

LOL, Doctors NEVER get sued in the USA.

Just like insurance companies in a multiple car accident. The car in the front does not sue/ claim against all other vehicles insurance companies in the wreck.

It goes to the 2nd vehicle that rear ended the front car only. The second vehicle's insurance company them make the claim against the third and so on down the line.

Just look at News/ media outlets that print stories from unsubstantiated sources found to be factually incorrect. They are NOT off the hook just because someone lied to them and they act on it without adequate substantiation.

Sorry, but that is how it works in the good old USA. Everybody sues everybody.

Seriously, there are like 300+ sovereign countries on Earth. One country (USA) owns 75% of the lawyers on the planet. The other 25% are dibbied unevenly amongst the other 300+ countries.

I am going to guess the number of streetfights you have been in to be zero

there's different types of fear. Aldo may fear if he loses to McGregor his career and chance at massive pay days is over.

Jose made alot of money and probably invested it, he doesn't live a rich live for fuck sake.

You guys think everyone want to be a mayweather.... He will be fine, not like he is spending 1k in a useless suit every day at all and need to make huge money to afford those expenses.

That is a good point. I meant to say Conor is making Aldo act irrationally.

This has nothing to do with Conor, it's about DW, Sonnen and slander. Only a Conor nuthugger would think this is about Conor.

I'm not even an Aldo fan, I wanted most people to beat him, I just don't like how DW just gets to slander everyone and there are no repercussions.

Aldo doesn't have to take shit from Dana, the UFC needs Aldo more than he needs them.

Aldo to the UFC and Reebok

8fBcTSXh.jpg

You cannot say someone provided "old scans" as if they were new and not be required to back it up.

I hope you're right.

It all depends on how personally offended Dana and Lorenzo are over all of this.

If Aldo is right (which I can't see someone threatening the UFC with a lawsuit on a bluff) then the UFC has nothing to be offended about. Dana slandered this man. He basically called him a liar and a coward and is gettign off with a "don't do it again". Of course that probably won't stop Dana from being offended but I really can't see the rest of the brass at the UFC not understanding or putting it ahead of big business.

How is he going to make more money at Bellator? He has virtually zero drawing power. He averages about 200-250k per event. It's awful.

Without Conor or some other big name he's got no leverage to make more money.

He's a huge name, Bellator would pay him a lot of money(Phil Davis is getting more in Bellator than he was in the UFC) and he would get more money from sponsors.

As for the Conor thing, if he beats him(which IMO is more likely than him losing) then leaves he's got a shit load of leverage.

This has nothing to do with the fight or his confidence in it? How did you make that connection? Some people actually don't enjoy being publicly slandered and having their integrity and name dragged through the mud.

Because the fastest and most effective solution to his problem is to beat McGregor. It accomplishes every single one of his goals in one action. No one is going to remember any of this shit about the rib; all anyone is going to remember is what happened when Conor and Jose fought.

You want the title defense record? Beat Conor.
You want more money in one fight than your entire career? Beat Conor.
You want to shut up a bunch of internet trolls who think you are afraid? Beat Conor.
You want to clean out your division? Beat Conor.
You want to make Dana and Zuffa's life miserable? You fucking beat Conor.

I don't personally believe Jose is afraid of much of anything, certainly not of fighting another man, but he is behaving like someone who is deathly afraid of tarnishing his legacy and image. I think he is seriously rattled by Conor's ability to damage his image and if he somehow lost to McGregor it would tarnish the legacy he worked so hard for.

Chael is not exactly the sharpest apple in the crayon box. Odds are a dog called him and the rest is kind of Chael's fantasy.
Chael's not smart huh? He might be the smartest guy in the UFC. Guy seems to know more about rules/policies than anyone, and he's talked his way into three title fights, TUF gig, studio gigs, etc.

He's a huge name, Bellator would pay him a lot of money(Phil Davis is getting more in Bellator than he was in the UFC) and he would get more money from sponsors.

As for the Conor thing, if he beats him(which IMO is more likely than him losing) then leaves he's got a shit load of leverage.

If Aldo shows up for the Conor fight, win or lose, he'll also have a lot more money. Millions more.

Back