Jose Aldo vs Dominick Cruz?

• Thread starter Deleted member 512089
  • Start date
Dom has declined quite a lot, i can't say the same for Aldo.

Dom barely beat Casey Kenney, whereas Aldo was competitive with Yan and had a great performance against Munhoz.
Aldo and Overeem are like the gifts that keep giving. They are still at the top despite being true OG’s

Aldo and Overeem are like the gifts that keep giving. They are still at the top despite being true OG’s
Exactly!
Aldo also broke his record for significant strikes landed on an opponent against Munhoz with 114.
His previous best was 102 in the second Mendes fight and before that he always was below 100, if my memory serves me right.

It's freakin time for that. Dillashaw is injured, Petr Yan/Sterling are fighting, Corey Sandhagen is coming of a loss, Aldo already fought Frankie Edgar 3 times etc.

Let the two styles collide. I got Aldo btw
Cruz just fought earlier this year. That means he won't be ready to fight until late 2024 or early 2025.

Not a bad suggestion to sell tickets albeit I doubt it is competitive. Aldo is resurging while Cruz holds on to that last semblance of "hey girls I am a MMA fighter, you want to go out with me?" mentality!
Reeks of American Fighter and Tapout tshirts. PASS

It's freakin time for that. Dillashaw is injured, Petr Yan/Sterling are fighting, Corey Sandhagen is coming of a loss, Aldo already fought Frankie Edgar 3 times etc.

I’m a big fan of both and a big fan of that idea. At this point I think Aldo gets it done. Honestly even at their best, I think Aldo could get it done, albeit a lot more competitive of a fight. Still think it would be an interesting fight.

Cruz Barry barely scraped by Kenney and Aldo just dominated a much higher ranked muhnoz. Aldo is riding a lot of momentum right now. Not the time to make this fight. Cruz would get slaughtered. Cruz Frankie is the fight to make.

Got Aldo by Decision if this fight is made, wouldn't mind Aldo fighting up the rankings, maybe Sandhagen?

I'd rather see Aldo vs. Sandhagen, but I suspect it will be Font. I hope it's not Font though because then I wouldn't know who to root for.

I'd look forward to Aldo making him look like a complete scrub, with actual good concise footwork, and intelligent striking.

Aldo would beat any version of Cruz easily

He does everything worse than Aldo but quite a large margin

I'd rather see Aldo vs. Sandhagen, but I suspect it will be Font. I hope it's not Font though because then I wouldn't know who to root for.
Root for Aldo

I have seen so many people say that Font has the best jab in mma based off of one fight. Aldo has had an excellent jab for his entire career.

It's embarrassing

Root for Aldo

I have seen so many people say that Font has the best jab in mma based off of one fight. Aldo has had an excellent jab for his entire career.

It's embarrassing

I'd have to root for Font. He's a local guy and we grew up in the same town. He also kicked my brother's ass a few times in sparring and I enjoyed that. By the way, Font's jab has been a talking point throughout his entire career, not just since the cody fight.

Love Aldo though. Hopefully it's Aldo vs Sandhagen in a 3 rounder.

Last edited:
They should've made this fight after both Aldo and Cruz lost. It makes no sense for Aldo now.
Aldo vs Font or Aldo vs TJ. Cruz should fight Sandhagen.

I'd have to root for Font. He's a local guy and we grew up in the same town. He also kicked my brother's ass a few times in sparring and I enjoyed that. By the way, Font's jan has been a talking point throughout his entire career, not just since the cody fight.

Love Aldo though. Hopefully it's Aldo vs Sandhagen in a 3 rounder.

I think Cruz vs Sandhagen and Aldo vs Font are the better matchups.

I think Cruz vs Sandhagen and Aldo vs Font are the better matchups.

I agree that Aldo vs. Font is a great matchup, but I don't see much interest in sandhagen vs cruz to be honest. An interesting curveball would be Font vs. Sandhagen and Aldo vs. Merab if Merab gets past Moraes next month.

There's a lot of interesting match ups that could be made.

Hell yeah!!!!! That fight alonewould make buy the PPV but hope its a 5 rounder.

Is Cruz still active?
I would love to see Aldo lowkicking and tearing an ACL on his knee. Downside would be that he would get more time in the mic.

Cruz gets injured every time he fights. His overrated jerky style fighting is a big contributor to his constant injuries.

I agree that Aldo vs. Font is a great matchup, but I don't see much interest in sandhagen vs cruz to be honest. An interesting curveball would be Font vs. Sandhagen and Aldo vs. Merab if Merab gets past Moraes next month.

There's a lot of interesting match ups that could be made.
There's a ton of good fights, but I'd be very surprised to see them book Aldo vs Merab, especially when Aldo vs Font would be such a banger.

Back