Media Joseph Benavidez lets out a horrifying scream after regaining consciousness

He was dreaming of this in the shadow realm right before came back to life
zfg95a7airb51.jpg

I heard that too but didnt know what it was, great thread TS

qDlkI5V.jpg

Main thing I hope he is fine and has completely recovered and no damage to his health. Plus no reason to take delight or happiness at this predicament. Never heard him trash talk or insult anybody's family, children etc. Been usually a class guy.

On a side note, I went to visit my brother (this was in Den Haag in the Netherlands) and the gas boiler was leaking carbon monoxide, I must have inhalled this (the boiler was in the bathroom), I had basically frozen at the bathroom sink, not moving, my brother had to kick the bathroom door in after finding I had been in there for about an hour, a couple of minutes too late I would have been dead (as the doctor at the hospital said).

All I can remember is waking in a hospital 2 days later. According to my brother I woke up screaming, I can't exactly remember that's what happened. My older brother thought I was a dead man for sure.

Main thing I hope he is fine and has completely recovered and no damage to his health. Plus no reason to take delight or happiness at this predicament. Never heard him trash talk or insult anybody's family, children etc. Been usually a class guy.

On a side note, I went to visit my brother (this was in Den Haag in the Netherlands) and the gas boiler was leaking carbon monoxide, I must have inhalled this (the boiler was in the bathroom), I had basically frozen at the bathroom sink, not moving, my brother had to kick the bathroom door in after finding I had been in there for about an hour, a couple of minutes too late I would have been dead (as the doctor at the hospital said).

All I can remember is waking in a hospital 2 days later. According to my brother I woke up screaming, I can't exactly remember that's what happened. My older brother thought I was a dead man for sure.
when u froze, do u mean u collapsed? or like did u freeze in position - standing upright?

Sometimes when I’m sleeping I wake up thinking I’m falling. I don’t scream though, mostly..

Had ti rewatch...First Time thought It was Figgy screaming

I wonder if any fighters have gotten PTSD after taking a brutal beatdown.

it may sound strange to say, but i don't think becoming a ufc champion is really worth all that much anymore. at least in terms of accomplishment. back in the day, it was very, very difficult to become a champion. a lot more merit-based, and you had to fight contenders to get a title shot. nowadays, if you're in shape and in a certain country, you can get a title shot and become champ.

basically, there are different types of ufc champions. you have someone like jon jones. completely undisputed for years and years. you beat him to become champion, and you have wholeheartedly deserved it. on the other hand, you get gifted a title shot like gsp, and win one fight in the division, and you're now a two-division champion. that's not even close to the prestige of the welterweight belt gsp had. total difference.

so i say all this, to hopefully give benavidez some solace in the fact that, "ufc champion" has become such a tarnished title, that he should be proud of his career regardless of not winning a title. his career speaks for itself.

Back