Rumored Joshua vs Hrgovic in March

Joshua was already signed to fight Fury back in 2021. It would've been an undisputed unification title fight. The reason it didn't happen was because a judge ordered Fury to give Wilder his contractually obligated 3rd fight. Later on, after AJ lost to Usyk, Fury again made a faux offer to fight him. AJ accepted all of his terms but Fury kept trying to rush him to sign by setting unrealistic deadlines. He only gave him like a week to sign. Then he said for every day that he doesn't sign he'll lose a percentage of his purse. Why would Fury sabotage negotiations like this? Because he never wanted to fight AJ in the first place. He just wants plebs like you to believe that he did.

As for Wilder, the man already publicly admitted that he accepted less money to fight Fury than he would've made against AJ. Get a clue.

This has already been dismantled over and over again, Eddie has not wanted the wilder fight.

Against fury , Eddie said people don’t understand ajs contract and that certain sponsors need to be paid

This has already been dismantled over and over again, Eddie has not wanted the wilder fight.

Against fury , Eddie said people don’t understand ajs contract and that certain sponsors need to be paid
Bullshit. Everything I wrote is factual. It's all recent history and well-documented. Fury has never wanted to fight AJ. He's said it himself that he'll never fight him. Yes, AJ has a complicated situation with multiple sponsors but it's never prevented him from making other big fights.

Again, AJ had already signed the contract to fight Fury in 2021. That means all terms were agreed to and everything was sorted out. Fury also signed but behind-the-scenes they knew that this arbitration judge would order him to fight Wilder a third time. The fight was never going to materialize and I believe that they knew it the whole time. There was always a chance that it wouldn't and they absolutely knew that ahead of negotiating with AJ at the time.

Last edited:
Well it could be for the interim title? If the winner of fury/Usyk doesn’t rematch (if one of them retires) then that’s the next fight. If they do then hrgovic/Joshua probably get handed the title
Yeah an interim that's later elevated or bumped to the real deal if they strip early following the 1st Fury/Usyk fight works.

Just can't sell tickets for a title fight when there's an incumbent in place

Bullshit. Everything I wrote is factual. It's all recent history and well-documented. Fury has never wanted to fight AJ. He's said it himself that he'll never fight him. Yes, AJ has a complicated situation with multiple sponsors but it's never prevented him from making other big fights.

Again, AJ had already signed the contract to fight Fury in 2021. That means all terms were agreed to and everything was sorted out. Fury also signed but behind-the-scenes they knew that this arbitration judge would order him to fight Wilder a third time. The fight was never going to materialize and I believe that they knew it the whole time. There was always a chance that it wouldn't and they absolutely knew that ahead of negotiating with AJ at the time.

Eddie said the reason why the didn’t sign is that his sponsors made i complicated.

Eddie said the reason why the didn’t sign is that his sponsors made i complicated.

But they did sign to fight Fury in April of 2021. And Wilder did fight Fury for less money than he was offered to fight AJ. The sponsors may've complicated things more but they could've worked it out. They did with Fury before he was forced to fight Wilder a third time so we know that it's possible to do.

Wilder turned down more money for an undisputed title shot to fight fury instead. 8-10 larger than his previous biggest purse against Ortiz. A cherry pick gone wrong and he ducked the undisputed title shot to face a dude just out of fat camp and rehab

I’m sure you know all of this anyway. It was all discussed on here at the time

Wilder turned down more money for an undisputed title shot to fight fury instead. 8-10 larger than his previous biggest purse against Ortiz. A cherry pick gone wrong and he ducked the undisputed title shot to face a dude just out of fat camp and rehab

I’m sure you know all of this anyway. It was all discussed on here at the time

Yeah lol. They had just failed in negotiations with aj, wilder was being offered a flat fee

Hrgovic is honestly the best risk vs. reward fight right now. Then Zhang, then Ngannou in order of what will get him in the thick of the title picture again. Either vs, Fury or picking up the pieces if Usyk beats Fury and retires.

did you watch it? Zhang was very unlucky to get the nod against AJ. It was a real toss up.
Huh? You must be thinking of another bout. Joshua beat Zhang clearly on points, even dropped him. There was no controversy. Zhang has never disputed it, to my knowledge anyway, and days ago he even admitted that Joshua was the better man on the night.
GCHlub5WEAAHAKa

Huh? You must be thinking of another bout. Joshua beat Zhang clearly on points, even dropped him. There was no controversy. Zhang has never disputed it, to my knowledge anyway, and days ago he even admitted that Joshua was the better man on the night.
GCHlub5WEAAHAKa

Looks like people tend to 1/ hate on AJ for some reason and 2/ confuse him with Yoka pulling 2 controversial decisions in 2016 (Hrgovic and Joyce).

Looks like people tend to 1/ hate on AJ for some reason and 2/ confuse him with Yoka pulling 2 controversial decisions in 2016 (Hrgovic and Joyce).
Some observers felt that Joshua's Olympic victories over Erislandy Savon (won by 1 point) and/or Cammarelle (won on a countback) were controversial but not the Zhang win.

Some observers felt that Joshua's Olympic victories over Erislandy Savon (won by 1 point) and/or Cammarelle (won on a countback) were controversial but not the Zhang win.

True that. As far as I remember them Yoka's wins looked fishier to me (and he's a fellow countryman) but there was indeed a case for Savon. Cammarelle was a close call anyway.

True that. As far as I remember them Yoka's wins looked fishier to me (and he's a fellow countryman) but there was indeed a case for Savon. Cammarelle was a close call anyway.
I thought he deserved the nod against Cammarelle. For the few that didn't there's no shame if he'd lost that decision. Cammarelle is an Olympic boxing legend. I hardly recall the Savon bout so maybe I'll have to rewatch it.

Since you mentioned AJ's haters something else came to mind. There were some posters here that claimed Joyce would beat AJ in the pros despite getting knocked out by him in the 1st round of their amateur fight. Now these same people are picking Zhang to beat him in the pros even though he also beat that guy in the amateurs lol.

I thought he deserved the nod against Cammarelle. For the few that didn't there's no shame if he'd lost that decision. Cammarelle is an Olympic boxing legend. I hardly recall the Savon bout so maybe I'll have to rewatch it.

Since you mentioned AJ's haters something else came to mind. There were some posters here that claimed Joyce would beat AJ in the pros despite getting knocked out by him in the 1st round of their amateur fight. Now these same people are picking Zhang to beat him in the pros even though he also beat that guy in the amateurs lol.

I can totally get how people could have gotten rubbed the wrong way by the way AJ got promoted as a wunderkind. That being said he proved quite a lot in the ring and there's no shame in getting outboxed by Usyk or cracked in the temple by a guy you outscored 12-0 in the rematch. Boxers are flawed and HWs are as flawed as boxers can be. He proved so much more than Joyce as a pro it's ridiculous. Hell, he proved much more than Wilder as a pro.

I can totally get how people could have gotten rubbed the wrong way by the way AJ got promoted as a wunderkind. That being said he proved quite a lot in the ring and there's no shame in getting outboxed by Usyk or cracked in the temple by a guy you outscored 12-0 in the rematch. Boxers are flawed and HWs are as flawed as boxers can be. He proved so much more than Joyce as a pro it's ridiculous. Hell, he proved much more than Wilder as a pro.
True. AJ was definitely pushed hard to the public but the guy is talented and is willing to fight the best. Not sure what else people are expecting. Some people think he wears a mask, and I have seen evidence of it, but ultimately I only care about how he performs in the ring. It was AJ that helped bring the heavyweight division back into the spotlight with his fight against Wlad. How easily some fans forget.

True. AJ was definitely pushed hard to the public but the guy is talented and is willing to fight the best. Not sure what else people are expecting. Some people think he wears a mask, and I have seen evidence of it, but ultimately I only care about how he performs in the ring. It was AJ that helped bring the heavyweight division back into the spotlight with his fight against Wlad. How easily some fans forget.

@Seano has an habit of defending Mayweather's deeds in and out of the ring. While I'm not a Floyd fan I agree with him more often than not, especially the "stop looking up to boxers as role models" part. In AJ's case it was indeed annoying to be told endessely how his shit didn't stink, but what happens out of the ring should really grant bonus points only unless you're Edwin Valero. Boxers are annoying people on a daily basis more often than not, but I certainly look up to them when I watch them fight. On the other hand looking back at every boxer we've been considering elite at HW in the past few decades AJ's resume shouldn't exactly be dissed.

Last edited:
Back