Rumored Joshua vs Hrgovic in March

@Seano has an habit of defending Mayweather's deeds in and out of the ring. While I'm not a Floyd fan I agree with him more often than not, especially the "stop looking up to boxers as role models" part. In AJ's case it was indeed annoying to be told endessely how his shit didn't stink, but what happens out of the ring should really grant bonus points only unless you're Edwin Valero. Looking back at every boxer we've been considering elite at HW in the past few decades AJ's resume shouldn't exactly be dissed.
Agreed. I rate AJ's resume the highest out of all the current heavies. It's not his fault Fury vs Wilder III killed the signed fight he was supposed to have against Fury. What's strange is that certain posters here continue with the whole "ducked Fury" narrative. AJ already proved that he wanted to fight him. Hopefully we still get to see it in the future regardless of the Fury-Usyk outcome.

Agreed. I rate AJ's resume the highest out of all the current heavies. It's not his fault Fury vs Wilder III killed the signed fight he was supposed to have against Fury. What's strange is that certain posters here continue with the whole "ducked Fury" narrative. AJ already proved that he wanted to fight him. Hopefully we still get to see it in the future regardless of the Fury-Usyk outcome.

I'd really love to watch a Fury vs AJ bout... provided it's in the UK. If they fight in Saudi Arabia with no belt on the line the whole thing will lose a lot of its appeal to me. Sadly, I guess it will.

I'd really love to watch a Fury vs AJ bout... provided it's in the UK. If they fight in Saudi Arabia with no belt on the line the whole thing will lose a lot of its appeal to me. Sadly, I guess it will.
I'm with you on that. It does need to be held in the UK at Wembley. That fight would've been huge had we gotten it in the Summer of 2021 like we were supposed to. It's still a big fight but not as appealing as it once was.

Huh? You must be thinking of another bout. Joshua beat Zhang clearly on points, even dropped him. There was no controversy. Zhang has never disputed it, to my knowledge anyway, and days ago he even admitted that Joshua was the better man on the night.
GCHlub5WEAAHAKa

This and the camerelle fights gets bought up all the time from Joshua detractors. The final was a close fight, this wasn’t. Zhang only posted that tweet a few days ago and people are still trying to claim he got robbed? My guess is most claiming robbery for any of the Olympic fights probably haven’t watched them

True that. As far as I remember them Yoka's wins looked fishier to me (and he's a fellow countryman) but there was indeed a case for Savon. Cammarelle was a close call anyway.

I’ve watched the Joyce/yoka fight back and even though I still think it went the wrong way, it was close. Certainly not the robbery that I thought it was when I watched it live.

This and the camerelle fights gets bought up all the time from Joshua detractors. The final was a close fight, this wasn’t. Zhang only posted that tweet a few days ago and people are still trying to claim he got robbed? My guess is most claiming robbery for any of the Olympic fights probably haven’t watched them
Yeah I don't get it. Anybody can revisit it and see for themselves. Zhang lost fair and square. It was a clear win for Joshua.

I’ve watched the Joyce/yoka fight back and even though I still think it went the wrong way, it was close. Certainly not the robbery that I thought it was when I watched it live.

It looked like Joyce's bodywork wasn't really taken into account, which bothered me I guess.

Back