Judo or BJJ for 29 year old beginner?

Depends on who you ask. I just don't consider it a takedown, since a bigger stronger guy won't be taken down. And might slam you real bad.

IBJJF banned jumping guard for white belts. Here's a video on topic with clips of failed guard pulls and instinctive slams:

Check the comment to the below clip: "My competitor at my first jiu jitsu competition jumped to pull guard and landed on my knee. I ended up with a broken fibula and a torn ACL and LCL."

You don't want that shit happening. A failed guard pull can injure you or your opponent or even both.

So how would a BJJ expert go about it then when faced with a competent thrower and concrete ground? Can he try a guillotine choke standing up?

So how would a BJJ expert go about it then when faced with a competent thrower and concrete ground? Can he try a guillotine choke standing up?

27xv36.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong but there are two BJJ takedowns that all clubs teach and those are: "the bear hug" and basic trips. Is there anyone I left out? Slamming is illegal.

You're wrong, they teach ultra basic single and double leg takedowns. And if you're really lucky an ankle pick or a knee tap.
This freaks me out guys, is it of concern to a recreational practitioner?:

Besides the normal strains and pulls associated with most martial arts, Brazilian jiu-jitsu practitioners (along with Wrestlers, Judoka, and other grapplers ) are exposed to regular skin abrasions and potential unsanitary mat conditions. They are thus at higher risk for developing skin disease.[43]Several commonly contracted skin diseases include ringworm, impetigo, herpes gladiatorum, and staph infection.[44] Proper hygiene practices, including regular cleaning of classroom mats, showering immediately after class with soap, disinfecting and covering any open wounds, thorough cleaning of any gi/rashguard/headgear used before the next class, not sharing used towels/uniforms, and using a barrier cream greatly reduces the chance of contracting a disease.

Don't forget the ear disfigurement.

But yeah, if you grapple you're going to do a lot more laundry and showers afterward are mandatory.

How is that a troll question?

Because all your questions are troll questions or you’re retarded. I haven’t worked it out yet.
Although I am looking forward to 2sec video posts every day, of your grappling moves asking if you should compete in adcc.

The ppl I know it was as kids. I'm not doubting knee injuries at all though. Point I was making is judo is very rough on the body

Yup. Judo and wrestling are far harder on the body than BJJ is - at 29, with all the work and family commitments that come with it, I'd suggest BJJ is a better choice for beginners.

BJJ.

Sauce: am 33-year-old black belt in Judo at a university club full of 18-22-year-olds, basically want to die all the time

I'm not a BJJ expert but maybe a single leg? Not pulling guard for sure.

Why wouldn't a guillotine work against a less experienced grappler in submissions? Like a Judoka

Bjj personally. Bjj is a bit more open-minded about incorporating things like leg locks and wrestling takedowns.

Back