News Julia Ormond sues CAA

Awwww he's butthurt...sorry sweetie!

I never said she couldn't act. I said she's suing in 2023, at least in part, because her looks have dried up and so have the roles and her bank account.
That's right... double down on retard.

I'll conflate them all into one category. If you don't distance yourself from such a person, you're part of the problem in my opinion.

I moved to LA in the early 2000s and wasn't even in the entertainment industry myself, but knew people who were working as extras and people who had family members that worked crew jobs.

Two "open secrets" that were widely known at that time were that Harvey does this to actresses and that Kevin Spacey was thirsty as fuck. Allegedly Spacey was so bad that when shooting the first season of House of Cards they'd have to dismiss or relocate any young guy who was Kevin's type from the set because he'd stop the entire production to relentlessly hit on the dude.

Most people don't have the resources to do anything about this kind of shit, everyone who tried to shine some light on it got dismissed or pushed out of jobs until Ronan Farrow broke the scandal wide open for a national audience.

Harvey thrived while behaving this way for years because he had so much power in Hollywood that the press was scared to go after him. The talent agencies definitely would have known. Hopefully this suit is able to bring more accountability. There's no way in fuck the talent agencies didn't know. But it's also going to be very difficult to prove they knew in court.

Ultimately to me the whole situation just reminds me how important a truly free press is. Harvey was able to suppress these allegations for years and write them off as baseless rumors despite everyone in LA knowing what he did because he had so much influence that he was able to lean on all the major press outlets to kill stories that were unfavorable to him.

Makes me wonder if successful actresses were eager beavers on their play dates.

I moved to LA in the early 2000s and wasn't even in the entertainment industry myself, but knew people who were working as extras and people who had family members that worked crew jobs.

Two "open secrets" that were widely known at that time were that Harvey does this to actresses and that Kevin Spacey was thirsty as fuck. Allegedly Spacey was so bad that when shooting the first season of House of Cards they'd have to dismiss or relocate any young guy who was Kevin's type from the set because he'd stop the entire production to relentlessly hit on the dude.

Most people don't have the resources to do anything about this kind of shit, everyone who tried to shine some light on it got dismissed or pushed out of jobs until Ronan Farrow broke the scandal wide open for a national audience.

Harvey thrived while behaving this way for years because he had so much power in Hollywood that the press was scared to go after him. The talent agencies definitely would have known. Hopefully this suit is able to bring more accountability. There's no way in fuck the talent agencies didn't know. But it's also going to be very difficult to prove they knew in court.

Ultimately to me the whole situation just reminds me how important a truly free press is. Harvey was able to suppress these allegations for years and write them off as baseless rumors despite everyone in LA knowing what he did because he had so much influence that he was able to lean on all the major press outlets to kill stories that were unfavorable to him.

Very true.

Also highlights how difficult it is to do this type of investigative journalism.

Media have legitimate concerns about their legal exposure and potential damage to their reputations.

Putting together this sort of story becomes really difficult. First they have to convince sources to share information and either go on the record (highly preferred) or provide so much secondary evidence that it can withstand both legal and non-legal challenges.

On top of that you have guys like Weinstein who can call in favours, threaten expensive legal action, etc.

I am casual acquaintances with a LA based guy who worked at a significant industry publication in the early 2000's. After Weinstein was formally charged he told me that they had worked on multiple Weinstein stories back in the day. They could never get over the legal hurdles. Not enough evidence to satisfy their in-house legal counsel. Sources would get cold feet. etc. He was not even working on the investigation but he said it was depressing for everybody involved.

Makes me wonder if successful actresses were eager beavers on their play dates.
Sure it's well known back to the prohibition times. Pretty sure the same goes for young male actors and high powered female agents.

Lol cry more bro. Sounds like Weinstein probably banged you too.
I see you have over 2700 posts on S-dog. Are they all this well seasoned and SOLID (like copralite )?

Always liked her in Sabrina.
MV5BMTk2OTE4NDg0OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwODUzMjg3._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Mid 90s?

<JagsKiddingMe>

The problem with this is that it's mostly speculative. Acting isn't a real job with work hours and a salary, it's basically applying for a new job every few months for your whole life, and any of thousands of people could do it, so you can't really point to "I would have gotten ____ job if not for ____".

They can pretty much give any reason they want for why they cast somebody else, even if the real reason was that she touched Weinstein's creepy weiner. Unless it's documented somewhere that they would have hired Julia, but ____ touched Harvey's weiner so they hired her instead, it's going be hard to prove that was the reason.

Mid 90s?

<JagsKiddingMe>

The problem with this is that it's mostly speculative. Acting isn't a real job with work hours and a salary, it's basically applying for a new job every few months for your whole life, and any of thousands of people could do it, so you can't really point to "I would have gotten ____ job if not for ____".

They can pretty much give any reason they want for why they cast somebody else, even if the real reason was that she touched Weinstein's creepy weiner. Unless it's documented somewhere that they would have hired Julia, but ____ touched Harvey's weiner so they hired her instead, it's going be hard to prove that was the reason.

I can't argue against much of what you say but at the same time she is one of the clearest examples I can remember of Hollywood is pushing this lady and then somewhat suddenly never mind no they aren't.

That can happen fairly organically...you could say Mary Louise Parker or Mary Stuart Masterson or Penelope Ann Miller or Andie MacDowell or Minnie Driver or Madeleine Stowe or some other of her contemporaries could have or ought to have kept getting leads in big projects and they didn't. But Ormond still does stand out as kind of abrupt.

Back