News July 25 Naoya Inoue vs Stephen Fulton

inoue looked good. but i didnt see him do anything special...it was as much a case of fulton looking like garbage. probably nerves got to fulton.

fulton reminded me of josh taylor against teofimo lopez.

I dunno - the guy could create massive torque at any angle at any time. That’s something special

stupid response. it's just a fact. i liked cool boy steph to win. but in no universe was fulton the same level as davis, haney, shakur or any of the black fighters on the top echelon.
Nope just quoting what you said.

Excuses, Inoue constantly cut him off and out jabbed him. From the head to the body.
yes, inoue certainly did all that...i'm not arguing those facts. i'm arguing that fulton was wholly and completely ineffectual against inoue while against other top level fighters, fulton looked far better.

Yeah, definitely. That referee was too far away from the action. He should've been in between then when Fulton's glove touched. That was definitely a knockdown.
Yeah and I think it was the second shot that really messed him up lol. Not Inoue's fault, all on the ref.

it looked like fultons gloves touched and he ate an extra shot but I cant tell if they were down or not

yes, inoue certainly did all that...i'm not arguing those facts. i'm arguing that fulton was wholly and completely ineffectual against inoue while against other top level fighters, fulton looked far better.
i think thats more a result of the skills of Inoue rather than the lack of effective strategy by Fulton. i saw Fulton trying to move as well as he could, Inoue just kept catching him. its obvious that Inoue studied Fulton's movement very deeply to predict at which angles he likes to duck and exit exchanges.

nothing inoue has done in his career at flyweight, super flyweight and bantamweight suggests he is a better fighter than fulton. those weight classes are notoriously weak because there's not that many grown men who can get down to 115 lbs. i mean, there are rail thin 17 year old girls who weigh more than the flyweight champ.

fulton is better because he competes at a higher division with a deeper talent pool.

inoue is about to discover the difference between paul butler and fulton.
This is what you said is it not? And you’re moving goalposts, saying he was off and didn’t look properly prepared. Inoue had a knuckle injury which postponed the fight.

Naoya made him look garbage. You sound like a hater in denial
what i'm saying is, from the first round, fulton didn't do anything to bring out an extraordinary skillset from inoue. inoue was able to dominate with a jab to the body, quicker legs and the overhand right. very basic stuff and fulton had no answer.

Insane to me people are still debating P4P after what we just saw. Inoue was -450 and looked -1000.... Fulton was no. 1 in division. Top 20 P4P level talent and Inoue made him look like a complete novice, shutout and then splattered him. Nothing Spence Bud winner does is overtaking Inoue as best boxer in world.

I like Inoue but expected more from Fulton. Then again, is anyone below 135 beating this guy?

Back