News July 25 Naoya Inoue vs Stephen Fulton

beating fulton doesn't make anybody pfp #1

Beating Ryan Garcia doesn't make anybody pfp #1.

Beating John Ryder doesn't make anybody pfp #1.

Beating an old, undersized Loma doesn't make anybody pfp #1.

Beating Shawn Porter doesn't make anybody pfp #1.

Beating a guy that beat Shawn Porter doesn't make anybody pfp #1.

All these things are true.

Beating Ryan Garcia doesn't make anybody pfp #1.

Beating John Ryder doesn't make anybody pfp #1.

Beating an old, undersized Loma doesn't make anybody pfp #1.

Beating Shawn Porter doesn't make anybody pfp #1.

Beating a guy that beat Shawn Porter doesn't make anybody pfp #1.

All these things are true.
Being a 4 Division champ and doing it in impressive fashion is as solid as a case for anyone to be PFP #1 , that Retard Hater be damned.

btw, when tito and margarito were no longer able to use illegal wraps, their KO percentage dropped off significantly. in fact, margarito got ko'd in devastating fashion by ssm, a fighter margarito was favored to beat. and tito got ko'd by hopkins who was considered old at the time, and vulnerable to tito's youth and power. very reminiscent of pac when he was subjected to random drug testing against floyd...pac turned in the sorriest performance of his career.

cheating is a helluva thing.
didn't Marg use some kind of paste that hardended the gloves as the fight progressed? That's very different than wrapping your hands in a peculiar way.

didn't Marg use some kind of paste that hardended the gloves as the fight progressed? That's very different than wrapping your hands in a peculiar way.
yes, and that was actually illegal in every state where boxing is sanctioned.

but you can't expect such complex nuance from that braindead fuck. if fulton's trainer calls it cheating, then it's illegal! and if it's not illegal, it's only because boxing is such a small sport in japan! and if it's not illegal in vegas, it's because canelo was never any good and you guys are all dumb and i'm telling mom!!!

fight came pretty close to what I thought. Round 7-8 for Inoue but I thought body shots would play a bigger role. Fulton fought a bit scared and most of Inoue's body shots were on jabs or straights. If Fulton fought the way I'd seen him in some other fights his body would have been shredded in a bad way.

I was right about somethings. Fulton stays in place to get hit, I saw that in his pervious fights. He doesn't layer his defense and offense together like Inoue does. I didn't expect him to dominated from the get go though. I thought he would control the distance a bit since he's supposed to be so slick, and then Inoue would eventually figure him out and stop him with hooks to the body. But instead Inoue had him figured from the first round. And it was a right hand to the face.

Arguing with that poster is like arguing with my autistic ex girlfriend. He makes no sense. Dude was trying to imply that Inoue wouldn't have the same power if they wrapped his hand differently. Even if it did affect his power, it's ridiculous to try to compare that to what Margarito did. Well Inoue wrapped his hands the way Fulton's team wanted it despite it being legal either way, and Fulton still got knocked out by a smaller guy coming up in weight.

He is the freakiest athlete weve seen in boxing since maybe RJJ. Speed, explosiveness, power, reflexes.
And a better chin than RJJ.

If Tapales fight happens by end of the year would that be the quickest unification ever? 2 fights and basically half a year to unify a division LMFAOOOOOO

Good thing Murodjon didnt get the decision he wouldve found a way to duck Inoue or eat himself into obesity to prolong and stall out

Respect to Tapales if that fight actually gets made without any network BS. Dude said he was gonna watch from ringside and challenge the winner, and after that performance he still did so, huge marbles on that dude.

It's the same reason you and most of this forum are rooting for Inoue and rooting against Fulton. Since you wanna go there.

<JRSmith40>

You can't really believe this, surely?

People couldn't possibly be rooting for Inoue because he's been around longer, his fights are always great to watch, and he's one of the best in the world right?

I've been a fan of Inoue for around a decade, almost as long as he's been a pro. And the reason for that is he's elite, he's a big puncher, and he's always fun to watch.

I've been a fan of Spence for a similar amount of time, for the exact same reasons.

You can't really believe this, surely?

People couldn't possibly be rooting for Inoue because he's been around longer, his fights are always great to watch, and he's one of the best in the world right?

I've been a fan of Inoue for around a decade, almost as long as he's been a pro. And the reason for that is he's elite, he's a big puncher, and he's always fun to watch.

I've been a fan of Spence for a similar amount of time, for the exact same reasons.

Nah, must be a race thing.

I've been rewatching a bit of Fulton and Inoue fights and the more I look at it, I think this is an easier fight for Inoue than I initially thought.

Fulton is a simpler fighter than at first glance. He's fast and "slick" so he looks fancy, but he seems to just have an "offense mode" and "defense mode" where he attacks and then defends.
He doesn't keep his head off center when he punches, he doesn't look for counters and looks to counter the counters; when he's in defense mode, he's just on his backfoot and takes him more effort to get back into offense mode. Inoue in contrast draws out counters to counter and looks to counter when he's being attacked. He meshes offense and defense much better. I think Fulton will be open to Inoue's counters and will get blasted when he tries to attack.

You nailed it, good call ;)

I was sure Inoue would win but Fulton actually looked a bit more basic than I expected. He showed solid defense and footwork, but his offense was a bit limp and tepid, and he showed no real creativity in in his attacks, and creating openings etc.

Fight was more one sided than I expected. Inoue looked great though, excellent performance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back