Junie Browning is missing, last seen in Florida and homeless

yeah that sounds like Florida

I know what a shithole

nrC3Op.jpg

Reactions: HHJ
Wow that’s kind of crazy. You would assume it would be really hard to get away with murder there. At least on densely populated Oahu.
Albert is from Hilo on the big island. Still though there is a lot of people that go missing out here no matter what island it is. Most of them unsolved

Mt Rushmore of UFC should be Royce Gracie, Anderson Silva, Jon Jones and Junie Browning, no doubt.

That way you have the greatest pioneer, the greatest striker and the greatest fighter of all time....as well as Royce Gracie, Anderson Silva and Jon Jones to make up the numbers.

We had Royce Gracie because they wouldn't let guys like Gokor or Chris compete. Both are submission grappling legends in America and Europe. Well known in their field and they never got the invite despite both being long time No Holds Barred fighters and winning fights in Shootfighting. They chose a novice like Ken who barely trained in grappling was doing Shootfighting that was more Thai kickboxing grappling mixed at the time.Royce does not fool me and Submission fighting existed before Gracie family.

Anderson Silva is the best choice because he showed us the importance of boxing and even Taekwondo footwork to be mixed with Muay thai. At the time people thought that Thai style is the best and boxing as well as karate/Tang Soo Do and Taekwondo woulden't work and everyone who used footwork was considered a "pussy" because they are moving around. Anderson Silva opened the doors for true hybrid of martial arts.

Jon Jones is great but his personality shits on his legacy but I agree that he is great. He filled the void of Randy and Chuck as well as held on to the belt. I personally look at his accomplishment and not mix personality. He is respectable.

Wasn’t Chris Leben basically the original Junie though? Also was 10x the fighter Junie was.

Not exactly because Chris showed few horrible traits. He was delusional, when he lost he called Koscheck a pussy and cried in a tragic way which was over the top, then he got hosed, punched the door and then lost and lost again and kept making excuses left and right. He lost to Koscheck and Kenny who is a small lightweight. Did not win a single fight.

Junie fought his way to the house, won a fight at least and lost to the person who ended up winning TUF. He also admitted To Dana that he has a problem and he deserves to be kicked off the show. He took ownership for his own behavior and admitted to his own problems. Leben did not win any fight, never owned up to his shittiness and was less deserving to be on the show and bullied and pissed on the bed of the weaker guy while Junie went after the strong.

We had Royce Gracie because they wouldn't let guys like Gokor or Chris compete. Both are submission grappling legends in America and Europe. Well known in their field and they never got the invite despite both being long time No Holds Barred fighters and winning fights in Shootfighting. They chose a novice like Ken who barely trained in grappling was doing Shootfighting that was more Thai kickboxing grappling mixed at the time.Royce does not fool me and Submission fighting existed before Gracie family.

Anderson Silva is the best choice because he showed us the importance of boxing and even Taekwondo footwork to be mixed with Muay thai. At the time people thought that Thai style is the best and boxing as well as karate/Tang Soo Do and Taekwondo woulden't work and everyone who used footwork was considered a "pussy" because they are moving around. Anderson Silva opened the doors for true hybrid of martial arts.

Jon Jones is great but his personality shits on his legacy but I agree that he is great. He filled the void of Randy and Chuck as well as held on to the belt. I personally look at his accomplishment and not mix personality. He is respectable.

Not exactly because Chris showed few horrible traits. He was delusional, when he lost he called Koscheck a pussy and cried in a tragic way which was over the top, then he got hosed, punched the door and then lost and lost again and kept making excuses left and right. He lost to Koscheck and Kenny who is a small lightweight. Did not win a single fight.

Junie fought his way to the house, won a fight at least and lost to the person who ended up winning TUF. He also admitted To Dana that he has a problem and he deserves to be kicked off the show. He took ownership for his own behavior and admitted to his own problems. Leben did not win any fight, never owned up to his shittiness and was less deserving to be on the show and bullied and pissed on the bed of the weaker guy while Junie went after the strong.

Yes but Leben proved to be 10x the fighter Junie was after TUF. His record is 5-6 for crying out loud!

Dude, Leben's bracket had way more talent than Junie's, and he had a win over Radach prior to being on TUF.

At no point in time was Browning even remotely close to Chris' level.

Even tho Junie seems to be fine with where he is still sad to hear . Hopefully some inside the ufc catches wind of this , they still use him to promote fight pass so would be nice if they could hook him up with a change of clothes

Yup. Unfortunately, fighting for the UFC is not a career, it is an opportunity, at least according to Uncle Fester. There needs to be a tax on events that funds health care and other services for fighters after their "opportunity" is over. Of course, it won't happen without legislative action, and those guys don't actually care about anything except lining their pockets.

No system that anyone could ever dream up is going to finance a comfortable lifestyle for the next 80 years for every guy who throws a punch in an octagon.

Everything in life is an opportunity, not a career. Everyone in this thread has dabbled in different jobs. You have to contribute to an enterprise consistently to have it fund your lifestyle consistently, that’s common sense in every other walk of life, but see a guy’s face on TV a few times and people here think a lifetime pension is in order.

Yes but Leben proved to be 10x the fighter Junie was after TUF. His record is 5-6 for crying out loud!

While your post is fundamentally correct, I would challenge the fact that Lebel was gifted with many opportunities such as working closely with Randy and Dana did give him favorable match ups to make sure he could win. I mean his UFC debut was Jason Thacker and no disrespect but this fight was failproof. From there, Leben gained momentum. That and he was on a 4 fight losing streak but never got cut by the UFC but only retired himself.

Dude, Leben's bracket had way more talent than Junie's, and he had a win over Radach prior to being on TUF.

At no point in time was Browning even remotely close to Chris' level.

Chris got favorable match ups + he was on a 4 fight losing streak and yet he himself decided to retire as oppose to getting cut. He got more treatment than Junie. Was a trouble maker in the house, jumped over the wall and left the house and did NOT get kicked out and when he lost to Kos he still talked shit and still got returned to the house and then lost to Kenny Florian who is like 2 weight classes smaller than him and it was a stoppage.

So while its true that afterwards he did went on to do great things. It was because Randy took a pity on him and took him under his wing and gave him non stop personal training sessions + a teaching job when he went from team quest to opening Xtreme couture.

Meanwhile Junie was being mentored by Shawn but Shawn passed away suddenly all while he was in the beginning of his UFC career which messed him up and he was 1-1 when he was cut which was not fair since Leben kept losing fight but not getting cut.

No system that anyone could ever dream up is going to finance a comfortable lifestyle for the next 80 years for every guy who throws a punch in an octagon.

Everything in life is an opportunity, not a career. Everyone in this thread has dabbled in different jobs. You have to contribute to an enterprise consistently to have it fund your lifestyle consistently, that’s common sense in every other walk of life, but see a guy’s face on TV a few times and people here think a lifetime pension is in order.

I agree with everything you said but with Junie, he was barely in the UFC but he had an impact on the UFC and did bring tons of viewership to the UFC. For example we know that an average light heavyweight could kick Conors ass but professional fighting is not about who is the best fighter but rather which fighter has a more colorful, relatable personality that we the audience can relate to.

Junie had that effect on the audience and many people struggle with problems and are not this perfectly portrayed characters seen on TV. Junie showed to be very human because he showed vulnerabilities.

Any updates?

I am worried and let me know his social media so I can send PayPal.

Thanks!

No matter what he did on that show, how he was or acted. Hope he gets it sorted. Sad news

We are all just a few steps from homelessness. Be grateful for what you have

I feel for dude. I grew up with no family or anything and was homeless and strung out in my early to mid 20's. I just happened to recently stumble into a job for a healthcare company, where I don't even have a GED and have worked myself up into management within 8 months.

Point being...any updates? I'd gladly help this dude out.

We are all just a few steps from homelessness. Be grateful for what you have

Pretty much this!

It wont take much to end up in the gutter. Humility goes a long way.

I feel for dude. I grew up with no family or anything and was homeless and strung out in my early to mid 20's. I just happened to recently stumble into a job for a healthcare company, where I don't even have a GED and have worked myself up into management within 8 months.

Point being...any updates? I'd gladly help this dude out.

I am wondering this as well. Any word?

Is he fine now?

Yup. Unfortunately, fighting for the UFC is not a career, it is an opportunity, at least according to Uncle Fester. There needs to be a tax on events that funds health care and other services for fighters after their "opportunity" is over. Of course, it won't happen without legislative action, and those guys don't actually care about anything except lining their pockets.
Nah, you can't give endless support to people who do a pro sport for a few years. Very few are good or dedicated enough to have long careers. You're welcome to fund them yourself, though.

Nah, you can't give endless support to people who do a pro sport for a few years. Very few are good or dedicated enough to have long careers. You're welcome to fund them yourself, though.
This.

I'm all for benefits, pension, something more than what's there now.

But, same with any job, there has to be some baselines to qualify. Years of service, total bouts, something. Doesn't make sense for every last person that steps in the cage to qualify, nor is that what happens in the other sports that were given as examples.

Edit: And I just realized I'm replying to an ancient thread lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back