Just checked the user list, and we're pretty busy right now. Everyone check in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're talking about dynamic loads that said axle wasn't designed to take. AND it's a Ford (rump) Ranger. So I'd say it's not only possible, but highly probable.

hmmm... that's not encouraging at all bacon. My boss is looking to fire somebody over this. Still it's a pretty solid piece of ****l, and it's not like I slammed into it. Pressure was eased on and was never THAT great at less than 5 mph right? Is that really enough to do any real damage? There's no way it would have hurt the axle if it just hit the tire right? you're assuming I hit the axle.

I one day hope to own enough land that I may launch flaming old kitchen appliances high and far into the night sky without getting arrested.

you could multiply the afformentioned plans by 12 and use them as feet... but even then I'm not sure you cold get air with an object that heavy... with posts that size, the largest you could make a treb by those plans would be by myltiplying the measurements by 4.8, and again, I don't think that's big enough for a fridge. I think you should aquire an old water heater, toss it inside, break the thermostat, remove the safety valve and get refrigerator air time that way.

I'm planning on lashing posts together to make beams in excess of 8'. I'll let you know if the refrigerator leaves the ground...

you could multiply the afformentioned plans by 12 and use them as feet... but even then I'm not sure you cold get air with an object that heavy... with posts that size, the largest you could make a treb by those plans would be by myltiplying the measurements by 4.8, and again, I don't think that's big enough for a fridge. I think you should aquire an old water heater, toss it inside, break the thermostat, remove the safety valve and get refrigerator air time that way.

You also have the problem of having to have a massively large counterweight when throwing and object the size and weight of a fridge. It would require another mechanism to prime the trebuchet. I've seen horse drawn, hamster wheel types, giant crank and pully styles.

I'm planning on lashing posts together to make beams in excess of 8'. I'll let you know if the refrigerator leaves the ground...

Be sure to video the event. win, lose, or fail, I'd like to see the outcome.

Does your boss know that you moved the stone?
No, he doesn't know I did it. But there's potential that a mole does. I don't know who the mole is, but a couple people know, and that's enough cause for concern.

hmmm... that's not encouraging at all bacon. My boss is looking to fire somebody over this.

Then he should fire the tool bag that decided a Ford Ranger would be an excellent vehicle for fighting fires and other such heroisms.

No, he doesn't know I did it. But there's potential that a mole does. I don't know who the mole is, but a couple people know, and that's enough cause for concern.

Sounds bad man. Are the witnesses friends of yours? What's the total of the damage? Can you afford to pay? Would paying keep you from getting fired?

Then he should fire the tool bag that decided a Ford Ranger would be an excellent vehicle for fighting fires and other such heroisms.

He can't. that guy outranks him. On a side note, what kind of truck should I get if I decide to jump ship, move to quincy, and gtfo of dodge? I don't need anything that big really, and I was thinking of putting a shell on the back cause I cart a lot of shit around. I'd like 4 wheel drive, something I can put snow tires on, and > 2 miles per gallon.

Sounds bad man. Are the witnesses friends of yours? What's the total of the damage? Can you afford to pay? Would paying keep you from getting fired?
There were not witnesses, only my word that I did it, so essentially my word vs theirs. I don't know the cost, and though I could afford to pay, It probably wouldn't keep me employed if I did. I don't think shit's going to come of it really, I still don't believe I did it. I think somebody jumped the fucking truck, and fucked the axle.

He can't. that guy outranks him. On a side note, what kind of truck should I get if I decide to jump ship, move to quincy, and gtfo of dodge? I don't need anything that big really, and I was thinking of putting a shell on the back cause I cart a lot of shit around. I'd like 4 wheel drive, something I can put snow tires on, and > 2 miles per gallon.

94-97 Nissan Frontier.

Hmm... hadn't considered a nissan. Honestly it'd be nice to have a truck that beat my infinity in gpm. 19/25 gpm aint that great, but I haven't looked at many trucks to know how that compares to the average pickup.

You can get an older toyota for pretty cheap. They're reliable and they run forever.

That's kinda what I figured. It's ok though, I was thinking about retrofitting it to run on water anyways.

If I was going to upgrade, I'd probably get one of the newer Chevy trucks. One of my coworkers has one. It's got a v8, but it gets about 20 mpg on the highway.

But, I'm keeping my truck forever.

Well. I think this session of ask urban has gone well.. and my espresso and pessimism are wearing off, so I gotta go get some sleep, or go for a swim... or something. how some of you manage without me and my advice is beyond me, but do your best in the interim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back