Just dumped my GF over politics

Oh, ok. I'm sure you have the data to support that. You must have rated and quantified each candidate's work rate and included that in the regression model Nate Silver has used to predict nearly every other election accurately, and run a t test on it. What was the r squared on that particular covariant?

nzPEnbd.jpg

Sounds like both you and the ex-girlfriend need to learn how to disagree in a healthy manner.

Have any of you lost friends or relationships over political disagreement?

Yes, if it didn't happen now, it probably would have happened later. I have some strong beliefs but I'm fairly laid back about asserting them. Usually it's that other person who prosthelytizes and assumes that you're stupid, then gets emotional goes full-on apoplectic.

Don't feel bad, you'll thank yourself eventually.

Lmao. NOPE. Trump just out worked her. Campaigns harder, had a more coherent, consistent message, and is just a far better speaker. But mostly it was just he outworked her. She ran a lazy, entitled campaign and he worked his ass off.

I think a lot of the establishment bought into the idea that Trump was a lame duck candidate, someone the extreme end of the GOP had picked who had no chance. I think it was fairly clear the likes of CNN loved Trump early on because they thought he would be an easy win for Hilary and indeed because covering him was a good excuse not to cover Bernie Sanders.

They thought Trump was a good chance to get Hilary in whilst making very limited concessions to the left, she was about as close to a Republican candidate as the Dems have put forward in my lifetime. That's also a lot of the real she failed I'd say, actually did do much better than Obama down south but not well enough to come close to taking places like Texas.

Ive had several people on the right unfriend me because they didnt like discussing or defending the nonsense they post.

I have no problem admitting when I am wrong, and find one of the biggest problems with both sides is this stupid idea that you shouldnt discuss politics... what it ends up being is not discussing politics with people who disagree with you. This leads to "otherizing" and lumping all of the worst aspects of that political side into one entity.

IE: ALL liberals want to ban guns, placate terrorists, are communists, Special snowflakes, SJWs, and weak pu**ies who just want handouts and safe spaces...

ALL conservatives are stupid, racist, bible thumping, warmongering greedy xenophobic gun nuts.

Nor with anyone with extreme views. IRL I try to adhere to the "bar" rule......no religion, no politics.

Both are so ingrained by the time we are adults reason doesn't matter.

Would I break up with a gal because of it? She would have to have other bad habits. Has she ever started a political argument with you in front of another person? That would be a deal breaker.

If she didn't undermine you in front of people and you are just butthurt about her politics maybe you are the sensitive one.

There are many other things we've argued about and had problems.

I was literally drunk as all hell that whole night and ended up basically reconciling with her, BUT i told her about this post and she now has officially broken up with me.

I'll admit her big retort was that i was being an asshole to her, which i was i was drinking (was all over text) AND she like came in and started attacking me on that post for no reason and even admitted she didn't know WHAT or WHO we were even talking about. She basically admitted she likes giving me shit when i defend white males...

I basically told her we can't talk about this issue in any capacity because we are in too much disagreement over it. But she brought it up again today, saw my post on here and blocked me.

I'm happy, for both of us honestly. Unhealthy relationship that we both stayed in (or i can speak for myself) because i did love and care about her, but that doesn't always mean you are fit to be a couple. Its 3 months and we already had such huge arguments and almost broken up multiple times.

She's the type of person that will slander me all over social media now and wouldn't put it past her to make an account and post on here haha. I deserve it in a way i mean i did make this thread, but i didn't post her info, pic or name and basically in my mind i was done with her.

I feel like a weight is lifted now that its official, holding onto a shitty relationship just because you care about someone isn't useful.

Can't handle being disagreed with, TS? What a snowflake.

Jk, you should've talked her into doing something super degrading before dumping her.

I was literally drunk as all hell that whole night and ended up basically reconciling with her, BUT i told her about this post and she now has officially broken up with me.

I'll admit her big retort was that i was being an asshole to her, which i was i was drinking (was all over text) AND she like came in and started attacking me on that post for no reason and even admitted she didn't know WHAT or WHO we were even talking about. She basically admitted she likes giving me shit when i defend white males...

I basically told her we can't talk about this issue in any capacity because we are in too much disagreement over it. But she brought it up again today, saw my post on here and blocked me.

I'm happy, for both of us honestly. Unhealthy relationship that we both stayed in (or i can speak for myself) because i did love and care about her, but that doesn't always mean you are fit to be a couple. Its 3 months and we already had such huge arguments and almost broken up multiple times.

She's the type of person that will slander me all over social media now and wouldn't put it past her to make an account and post on here haha. I deserve it in a way i mean i did make this thread, but i didn't post her info, pic or name and basically in my mind i was done with her.

I feel like a weight is lifted now that its official, holding onto a shitty relationship just because you care about someone isn't useful.

I posted about my gf on here once and told her about it. She got super mad, so i told to STFU and get over it. We're married now.

Sher before her

Wait....are you white? Is she white?

lot of stupid liberals out there, which I say as a staunch liberal.

everyone's opinion is important, if you dont agree with it, offer a counter argument, you cant just dismiss their opinion outright.

Its funny with a title like that for me to say honestly i don't really care THAT much about politics nor do i follow it closely

But i basically oppose racism, bigotry, homophobia etc. I believe in the golden rule, do onto others as you would have them do unto you. Basically be a good person.

I didn't vote for Trump, nor Hilary as i thought both were garbage.

Yet, since i defend against discrimination of white straight males i am no better than Trump or his "supporters" according to my now ex GF. Which in itself is funny, my stepdad is not racist in the least, but happens to be a straight white male Trump supporter...I myself disagree with his support of Trump, but it ends there. I don't attack his character simply based on that because in every day normal life he's a decent human.

Sam Harris like him or not ( i do like him) wrote an article about racial profiling which caused a bunch of controversy.

I tend to think he was using logic in his reasoning, but i can for sure see why people would have disagreed with him

https://www.samharris.org/blog/item/in-defense-of-profiling

BUT, in a fabebook group i am part of someone more or less said "Harris is a white privileged male and should shut his mouth"

To which i asked the person to specifically show me examples of Harris's racism, while at the same time asking why its okay to say you won't listen to someone simply due to the fact they are a "white male"

My girlfriend in typical sjw fashion jumped in to attack me (she does it often) while offering no insight or useful information. Basically calling me racist for sticking up for a white man.

It was the last straw for me, she literally got so triggered watching a Ben Shapiro Thug Life video (only about 30 seconds) that she left my house and drove home (she lives over an hour away from me and was supposed to stay the night)
hqdefault.jpg

I enjoy debate, I'm stupid and wrong on a lot of shit, so...prove me wrong, don't fucking virtue signal when i was trying to have a real debate with someone who said something i found absurd.

She believes in white privilege but thinks it only applies to men....

I knew she had views like this prior to dating, but she had literally told me she was trying to be more open minded, which obviously was a lie.

I don't care she disagreed with me on things, its that she adamantly attacked white men as if the only evil in the world was created by them.

I hate the left now like is this really what it has become? No logical disagreement or discussion? Just attacking white men and privilege wtf.

I disagree with Shapiro on a ton of shit, but i don't label him as a racist bigot because of that. ffs

You lost credibility with Ben Sharpio lol. Dude looks like hes had a shelter life and wouldn't know how to relate to anyone from a different ethic group.

Sam Harris comes off as a try hard at times but I agree with most of what he has to say about different topics.

Its funny with a title like that for me to say honestly i don't really care THAT much about politics nor do i follow it closely

But i basically oppose racism, bigotry, homophobia etc. I believe in the golden rule, do onto others as you would have them do unto you. Basically be a good person.

Yet, since i defend against discrimination of white straight males i am no better than Trump or his "supporters" according to my now ex GF. Which in itself is funny, my stepdad is not racist in the least, but happens to be a straight white male Trump supporter...I myself disagree with his support of Trump, but it ends there. I don't attack his character simply based on that because in every day normal life he's a decent human.

Sam Harris like him or not ( i do like him) wrote an article about racial profiling which caused a bunch of controversy.

I tend to think he was using logic in his reasoning, but i can for sure see why people would have disagreed with him

BUT, in a fabebook group i am part of someone more or less said "Harris is a white privileged male and should shut his mouth"

To which i asked the person to specifically show me examples of Harris's racism, while at the same time asking why its okay to say you won't listen to someone simply due to the fact they are a "white male"

My girlfriend in typical sjw fashion jumped in to attack me (she does it often) while offering no insight or useful information. Basically calling me racist for sticking up for a white man.

It was the last straw for me, she literally got so triggered watching a Ben Shapiro Thug Life video (only about 30 seconds) that she left my house and drove home (she lives over an hour away from me and was supposed to stay the night)
hqdefault.jpg

I enjoy debate, I'm stupid and wrong on a lot of shit, so...prove me wrong, don't fucking virtue signal when i was trying to have a real debate with someone who said something i found absurd.

I knew she had views like this prior to dating, but she had literally told me she was trying to be more open minded, which obviously was a lie.

I don't care she disagreed with me on things, its that she adamantly attacked white men as if the only evil in the world was created by them.

I hate the left now like is this really what it has become? No logical disagreement or discussion? Just attacking white men and privilege wtf.

I disagree with Shapiro on a ton of shit, but i don't label him as a racist bigot because of that. ffs

Reading between the lines.....I figured out your (ex)GF wasn't hot.

Because if she was, you wouldn't care about her political beliefs and would go running after her / pretend to be a Hillary supporter / Liberal / SJW / not a racist etc etc all depending on which level of hotness she resides in.

The fact that you'd break up with her over her "political beliefs" means she's less than hot. Probably fugly levels.

Her being ugly and not being mentally compatible to your (admittedly heinous beliefs) means no big loss.

Fin.

My wife says a lotnof racist shit. Mostly against Muslims and black folks. It bothers me and occasionally I'll lecture her about it but it's not bad enough to divorce over.

hqdefault.jpg

Good job. I would have dumped her ass, too.

stos.gif

White women are among the most privileged creatures to walk the face of the earth. If white privilege exists it applies doubly so to white women.

Back