Just dumped my GF over politics

Yeah, that goes without saying. The point is, racism was the biggest driver in Trump's victory. It's mathematical, simple as that. Now, that doesn't mean that everyone should who voted for Trump was racist. And keep in mind, there are varying degrees of racism. I'm just saying, his girlfriend may have had a point. But that's a pretty big assumption to make about your boyfriend's father. Shit, my mom and step dad voted for Trump. But, they are racists.

Who told you Racism is the biggest driver in Trumps victory? I didn't vote for Trump or Hilary, I really stopped caring about politics its a joke.

I quit Facebook because lifelong friends were acting like such butthurt liberal morons. They don't understand that they are virtue signaling. I want to stay friends, so I only talk IRL.

I quit Facebook because lifelong friends were acting like such butthurt liberal morons. They don't understand that they are virtue signaling. I want to stay friends, so I only talk IRL.
I love my sister but they have been bitching about Trumps victory for 6 months. I know its cliche but GET OVER IT! SHE LOST!

This new far left idea that white people don't get to have opinions is lunacy.

Ironic too, since that's the very definition of racism.

Being passionately non racist and anti nationalist I resent how it puts me in the same boat as ultra nationalists and white supremacists. I don't like to have a shared cause with them at all if I can help it.

Being passionately non racist and anti nationalist I resent how it puts me in the same boat as ultra nationalists and white supremacists. I don't like to have a shared cause with them at all if I can help it.

Identity politics are the worst. Once people find out I'm black, some of them inevitably try to use that to marginalize my opinions on anything to do with race.

"Oh well you guys have a chip on your shoulder against whites anyway so"

Even though my best friend is white, my mom is white, and I married a white woman? I'm still automatically prejudiced against whites? Lol ok then.

I prefer to judge a person on their words and actions, but that requires actually communicating with someone. It's easier to assume.

Who told you Racism is the biggest driver in Trumps victory? I didn't vote for Trump or Hilary, I really stopped caring about politics its a joke.

Well, the Harvard educated economist and data scientist whose feature episode on Freakonomics, in conjunction with economist Nate Silver, told me.

I believe they used a multiple regression analysis, by which one is able to input any number of factors, controlling for any significant factors, and calculate which factor's variance correlates, if any, with the variance of the dependent variable, which in this case would be how many votes Trump garnered in each particular region.

Caveat: racism was the biggest predictive factor in whether or not he won certain regions in the primaries. Although, I doubt the general election data is much different.

Last edited:
I would never date some idiot who reads Breitbart or watched Alex jones info wars conspiracy theories.

Like if she believed in pizza gate I would never be able to respect her opinion on anything. Shows she's a moron in fact.

Yeah. You sound reasonable and her position seems irrational.

But then I am a cis gendered, white, privileged member of the patriarchy so I probably would say that.
You're fucking a white male. You're fucking white!

There's still majority of Blacks that think GOP is a party of racists or the wealthy. Absolutely false. I have many friends that are conservative that are African-American. @Mike

I pretty much do not discuss politics with people - they just take it so personally and become irrational and refuse to see the other side.

Unless of course someone is spouting something I know to be BS.

She told me that's what she'd do if we broke up, whereas i prefer to be single, work and play video games and not worry about shit like that. I did care about her but she holds such irrational offensive opinions compared to me it just cant work. Or vise versa, i could posses the offensive views.

I said it many times before, I'll continue to do so.

Successful relationships thrive on mutual hates. Don't date a chick that shares similar likes. Date a chick that hates the same shit you do.

You poor little fellow. Need a napkin?

I love my sister but they have been bitching about Trumps victory for 6 months. I know its cliche but GET OVER IT! SHE LOST!

Fuck her like you did back in the day.

She's definitely too passionate about it all. Any chance it was just a shit test, and you passed, and she apologetically returns?
Honestly if anyone feels the need to test someone in this manner, are they the kind of person you want to be with? Because doing that to someone would be whack.

Anyway 76, you're a good guy but I think you already knew that. You'll do better with the next one.

I pretty much do not discuss politics with people - they just take it so personally and become irrational and refuse to see the other side.

Unless of course someone is spouting something I know to be BS.

Totally agree. I can't stand people that try to convince me that one politician is better than another. I've met enough politicians to know they don't give a shit about anybody but themselves, and all of them are the same.

You poor little fellow. Need a napkin?
I quit it a while ago, but yeah I could use one if you have one.
Other things I didn't like about it too.
It just seems weird to me that all the politics ends up in everyday conversation.
Btw I never got to tell u that I love corn dogs and I always get a really good dipped corndog at the State Fair.

I don't know if conservatives are just as bad but it seems like the left has been trying to drive everyone else out of their lives on Facebook since long before the election. More people should go to the war room and get it out anonymously then be nice to everybody IRL.

Thanks for the support guys, i totally am open to dating someone i don't agree with on politics, but i can't date someone that is THAT extreme and unwilling to have an open mind or even listen to the opposing view.
Yeah, sounds like you did well by letting her run off.

You can't reason with people who are brainwashed.. that goes for extreme right and left wing people.

Back