Just had my first kickboxing match! (Vid inside)

You look good..conditioning wise you threw alot of strikes and went all three rounds, your opponent was GASSED

Theres some techniques to inprove on but thatll come in time,your uppercuts and straight right in particular but your kicks and lead hand look good

As to your comments about not getting a finish , i saw atleast a few times a standing 8 count or a stoppage could of taken place, i think the ref was being very relaxed in calling the fight..

Good work, keep training and fighting i hope to be posting some stuff up soon of myself!

Congrats on the win..how did you feel after? How did you celebrate

I also loved the music , that was playing during the fight ahah

I felt great after the fight, the day after my legs were really sore from the kicks but it was okay!

Celebrated with some McDonalds and drinking beers in a latin bar, great night!

I only had time to watch the first minute, great job though.

Looks like you are almost squaring up with every step/shuffle you make. It makes your forward pressure less effective and leaves you with less options if your opponent doesn't step back.

But I'm sure your opponent being generally awkward played a big part in that. But something to keep in mind/work on since forward pressure looks like what you wanna be doing.

Nice one though you made him look a lot worse than I bet he looks in sparring. You will go places for sure my man.

Nice style to watch, relentless pressure. You should easily outwork most people of your experience level

You have a strong right kick, and you were hurting him badly when you went to the body with it.
a more concentrated attack with the right body kick would have finished him.

Sherbro's, had my first kickboxing match three weeks ago. Want to share the footage with you guys. I'm the guy in the red Twins shorts.

I did win the match on points. I felt a little bad I didn't put him away but overall I liked my performance. Let me know what you think, there are always things to learn.

Congrats man good job!

Can't believe they are playing shit music while you fight though hahah

Good shit bro, great hands and combos, try to get better at reading for those hooks etc, and so use more head movement

Maybe try to strengthen your base too, one or two of his leg kicks look like they hurt you a bit early on, a more intelligent fighter would have capitalised on that so condition the legs and strengthen the base

Sherbro's, had my first kickboxing match three weeks ago. Want to share the footage with you guys. I'm the guy in the red Twins shorts.

I did win the match on points. I felt a little bad I didn't put him away but overall I liked my performance. Let me know what you think, there are always things to learn.

This is so awesome man, it really turned me on

You were engaged more and thats good, the other guy was exhausted.

Centaur gave good feedback, my only 2cs is keep hands up and pace yourself if the other guy is just covering up look for a good shot to nail it.

Some Muay Thai tricks will help like Centaur suggested all the best.......sharpen the tools!

You’re opponent was clearly fucked before the first round. Dude obviously thought he could put you away early. Props to you bro. In my opinion, my only criticism would be that I think you should have worked the legs and body a bit more otherwise, I think you did good :)

Very good!

Back