Just heard the clip where Rogan retires Schaub. What about Bisping?

ImLovinIt

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
He talks about Schaub not ever being elite like GSP, Jones, or Cain. That there is a bridge that he can't cross. Basically he's not good enough to be champion, so quit now before you get brain damage.

Do you think Joe would've gave the same advice to Bisping before the Rockhold fight? He would've retired without ever being champion. Bisping has been fighting for years and always comes up short for title contention. He's been badly KO by Henderson and Vitor. His eye got detached by Vitor's headkick. Why risk your eye sight and your brain if you won't be champion...

In hindsight, we know that Bisping should keep trying cause he eventually got the belt. Everyone praised him for his grit, persistence, and never giving up. Joe even mentions these traits when he commentates, which kind of goes against the advice he gave to Schaub.

Always a possibly Schaub could've improved and gotten lucky with his matchmaking or road to the title. May be unlikely, but he could've had a story like Bisping or Lawler. From his career now, sounds like he did make the right move to retire though. Always better to keep your brain.

It's HW bro, also Brendan didn't have the chin, skill set or fighting spirit that Bisping or Lawler had, he would have never become champ

i think that rogan and schaub planned that whole thing to get some hype going for schaubs new career. they are social media whores, they make money with their silly man drama. that conversation was clickbaited all over youtube and mma media. its just a storyline, like eddie bravo and his wacky flat earth beliefs. losing viewers? business a bit slow? make schaub cry or have bryan callen come in wearing a funny pair of shoes. get rogan to talk about his fanny packs again

Bisping was 27-7 going into a title shot.
Schaub was 10-5 with 4 T/KO losses. He lost his last two fights and was 2-4 in his last six.
It's not the same.

Please don't insult Bisping by comparing him to Brenda. Ping may be a douche bag, but he's ten times the fighter Schaub ever had the potential of being. Which is sad for Schaub, because he actually came into this as an athlete. Athlete's are suppose to be the "future" of fighting.

He talks about Schaub not ever being elite like GSP, Jones, or Cain. That there is a bridge that he can't cross. Basically he's not good enough to be champion, so quit now before you get brain damage.

Do you think Joe would've gave the same advice to Bisping before the Rockhold fight? He would've retired without ever being champion. Bisping has been fighting for years and always comes up short for title contention. He's been badly KO by Henderson and Vitor. His eye got detached by Vitor's headkick. Why risk your eye sight and your brain if you won't be champion...

In hindsight, we know that Bisping should keep trying cause he eventually got the belt. Everyone praised him for his grit, persistence, and never giving up. Joe even mentions these traits when he commentates, which kind of goes against the advice he gave to Schaub.

Always a possibly Schaub could've improved and gotten lucky with his matchmaking or road to the title. May be unlikely, but he could've had a story like Bisping or Lawler. From his career now, sounds like he did make the right move to retire though. Always better to keep your brain.

Lol at comparing Schaub to Bisping

i think that rogan and schaub planned that whole thing to get some hype going for schaubs new career. they are social media whores, they make money with their silly man drama. that conversation was clickbaited all over youtube and mma media. its just a storyline, like eddie bravo and his wacky flat earth beliefs. losing viewers? business a bit slow? make schaub cry or have bryan callen come in wearing a funny pair of shoes. get rogan to talk about his fanny packs again
Interesting perspective. I'd never thought of that but it makes sense. I've often had the thought that if Rogan was coming at Schaub because he loves him so much and telling him something hurtful and potentially humiliating that pained him to say but saying it anyway because it was for Schaub's on good, why on earth wouldn't he do it in private?

Rogan is a douche.

"I just wanna help you!"

By calling you out in front of millions of people, live.

Bisping wasn't getting cold cocked in all his losses. And was generally competitive in defeat for the majority of his losses. Outside of the Gastelum bout where he took the hint and called it a career, Vitor was widely known to be trt'd to the fuckin stars. So losing to a science project isn't indicative that you need to quit. And the Hendo incident he just made tactical errors in the second letting dan set him up by circling to his power side(And who was also trt modified at the time albeit not to an extreme degree like Vitor).

Schaubs ko losses came to generally non championship contenders(Nelson, Nog, Rothwell, Browne), and guys who are or were getting over the hill. And on top of it, seemingly had a wildly average chin fighting at HW which is recipe for more ko's the older you get. Nor did he ever really show that he had a very well rounded skill set like Bisping showed through a near 40 fight career. Schaub was athletic sure, and got by on it for a while but he never really had the skillset to realistically think he could earn a shot at the belt. Where bisping was always in the neighborhood for one at MW.I mean you're entitled to your opinion obviously, but this would be my thoughts on it.

On the topic of rogan. A lot of people questioned the motives of doing it on a live podcast accusing him of actively trying to embarrass him. But maybe it needed to be that extreme of a circumstance to really hit the message home to schaub. Maybe rogan hinted at in private before and schaub brushed it off cause it wasn't as big a deal. But when it's publicly live, and a lot of people started siding with rogan agreeing with him the message finally hit home. Truth be told, best decision schaub could have ever made. He's very successful in his post fight ventures, and seems to be living a real happy life.

Bisping had always shown he could compete with the elite, unlike Shaub. He had super close and debatable fights with Rashad and Chael. It wasn't that he had a hard time with top fighters, he was just vulnerable to knockout artists in particular.

Shaub was supposed to be a young gun in his prime yet was losing to old, shopworn legends like Nog, and somehow lost to the Edmund incarnation of Travis Browne (the only guy to do so). He wasn't even losing to elite guys, he was being starched by guys a few levels removed from elite.

Schaub thought he was a lot better than he was. He was on a tour of beating over the hill fighters and he thought he was beating them in their prime.

Interesting perspective. I'd never thought of that but it makes sense. I've often had the thought that if Rogan was coming at Schaub because he loves him so much and telling him something hurtful and potentially humiliating that pained him to say but saying it anyway because it was for Schaub's on good, why on earth wouldn't he do it in private?

I don't think it was pre planned. You can't really fake the shock and humiliation that was written on Shaub's face and his cracking voice as he was on the verge of tears. I think Rogan did it live to sate his ego. He sure as shit isn't going to jump into the cage with a MMA star, so this was his way of AMOGing a professional fighter.

(AMOG =Alpha Male Of Group)

aight ima give brandon some props he was looking pretty good against rothwell before he got destroyed

Bisping, what, a lifelong fighter with pro kickboxing prior to mma, even prior to winning the title is far from Brandon Schwabb (footballer turned fighter who retired after a dozen fights) getting real talk by Rohan.

Back