Just marathoned the Harry Potter movies

Prisoner of Azkaban is the best movie.

Order of the Phoenix is close though. Goblet of Fire is the worst of the movies.

What I like about the series is that it's appropriate for the ages portrayed by Harry throughout the years. The first ones are geared for kids and the last ones are for middle-later teens. David Yates does nifty things with 3D, and continues his abilities with FANTASTIC BEASTS.

The reason why I binged this is because of Fantastic Beasts. Harry Potter is so much better, but then again FB is only 2 movies in.

One of the actors that played one of the Weasley twins (not sure if it was Fred or George) acted in another movie that was written by a very close friend of mine called Patchwork (it might still be on Netflix if anyone’s interested). Apparently he was by far the worst actor in the entire production, despite being the closest thing to a “big name celebrity” that the movie had. Guess that’s what happens when you’re cast as a child actor in a major series for no other reason than being ginger twins.

The Weasley twins were great in that role, but it’s probably not the best fit being with a bunch of actors who trained their craft forever to get a shot in a feature length indie film when you’ve learned to act by playing a fully developed character in a blockbuster franchise.

I didn't watch the movies until years later but I enjoyed the whole series. Don't understand the hate

Yeah, I don't understand the hate, either. There's very few movies with such a grand scale as Harry Potter. I can only compare it to the LOTR series.

The first movie sets up the story, nothing too exciting, but it gets better as the series goes on, when Harry gets older. I like the somber, end of the world, dystopian setting of the Deathly Hallows part 1 movie. I think it's the 7th one in the series.

Some of the later movies should be PG13. That sex scene between Harry and Hermione was pretty graphic for a childrens' movies

1 it was.

2 the series starts out with the murder of a child's parents, with the potential murderer of the boy hanging in the air throughout. not to mention the countless other characters who are murdered. giant.fucking.spiders.

but that might be too much for the kids?

<{walkerwhut}>

I didn't watch the movies until years later but I enjoyed the whole series. Don't understand the hate
It falls into FORREST GUMP/TITANIC territory where it's just too popular to not invite scorn.

They’re good films and even better as a collective series. Each film portrays a different year in their lives and maturity of the story. Imagine watching HP1 then HP7. Such different films but together they make a great story.

They are ok movies. Haven't read any potter books. Alot of ball busting on this.tbh I have only watched these with girlfriends in the past. Girls love this shit.notebook VS potter.... Easy choice

lol at people "nerdbashing". i don't see what's wrong with appreciating a good story (granted, "good" is subjective; but if you like something, why not?).

The magical world exists in parallel to the normal world, they just put spells so that normal people can't see or enter in wizard locations. The train platform for example is in the physical location of the train station, but it's hidden from non-wizards who can't see it / can't enter it (they see a wall). It's the same with Hogwarts, if muggles perchance walked to the physical location of the school they would see an empty field and they couldn't enter.
Well the platform may be hidden, but the train and train tracks are surely real and visible, and where do they lead to?

If the tracks are also hidden then how does it get the the very real Glenfinnan viaduct in Scotland?

If the train is really on the track then why don't trainspotters pick up on it?

If the train is hidden then how do the signalling and track switches (operated by muggles) work?

This world is not very well thought through and that's why it's really just for kids

This world is not very well thought through and that's why it's really just for kids
Because MAGIC, you dead-inside mother fucker.

giphy.gif

So do you think the guy that played Weasley will ever work again or not?

He's done okay for himself. Stopped acting and gone into music I think and had a bit of a rebirth and renaming.

Loved his albums. Especially liked the songs 'Shape of You and ' Castle on the Hill...

You guys are just confusing those two because they are both part of that "convince a 13 year old English girl she should bang a smelly criminal non-English" initiative the government/bbc have been working on. They are only kind of the same person.

Back