Just rewatched Diaz vs condit.

Where is the controversy? Condit obviously won.

it what the diva brothers do cry when they lose. they always say look at the number of punches thrown. look at the movement. look at how not hurt i look. ect ect.

nick and nate are rabbit punchers who pour up the strites thrown with all those jabs.

I really thought Condit won even though I’m a Diaz fan but I like saying Diaz 1, 2 and 5

Im.a fan of both guys but that fight kind of showed why they were both so grossly overrated at that time. The reason being is that ww was the worst division in combat sports and two average guys were made to look like elite title contenders. The best part about this fjght was that ridiculous combo carlos landed that ended with the high kick. That was just beautiful.

I'm so glad the Jackson-Wink style was killed off over time.

They ruined Condit and Guida with their shit exploitation of the rules. Scoring aside, we should all be able to agree to what was going on... Jackson knowing that strikes that aren't significant (ie: do no damage) are nonetheless scored as "significant" strikes. So play the metrics game, avoid the purpose of actual fighting (do damage to the other person), and coast as necessary. Condit-Diaz is the most loud/controversial example but his fighters had plenty more, to include fighters (like Condit) that were otherwise not like that at all.

There was a reason Dana called them "sport killers" and also a reason why Condit had that "hey I did what they told me to" face when he was announced as the winner and then showered with boos.

Condit won very clearly. Nick was moving forward only to get tagged , then stop and started moving forward. Carlos outstrike nick and it was a clinic. Of course here we are on Sherdog where there will always be casuals with no understanding of MMA..

The controversy was created by the Diaz lovers. I thought Condit clearly won. Almost all the MMA journalists thought Condit won also from what i recalled. This was no robbery. A robbery was the first Shogun-Machida fight.

Sorry he didn’t stand and bang, broseph.

seems like most of you are frustrated with the nature of how the fight played out, not necessarily the decision (which was easy to score)
im disappointed because i was a huge fan of condit and his fighting style his whole career and in the most intriguing and exciting match of his career he chose to approach it like a point karate match instead of an actual fight

Diaz just isn't a particularly good fighter. If his opponent doesn't do exactly what he wants he's useless

On what basis do you make that assessment? You make it sound like Nick needs them to do what he wants as opposed to recognizing that he dictates that himself.

Diaz typically is able to throw guys off their game, regardless of their style or skill level, given his pressure/volume, cardio, chin, and antics...you *rarely* see a fighter have anything close to a 'signature performance' against Nick, and few emerge without taking a fair bit of damage.

He may not be UFC champ material, and he certainly has holes in his game, but saying he is 'not a particularly good fighter' or "useless" if people don't play into his game, is to be wilfully blind...go watch some more of his fights.

Diaz came to fight. Conducington came to get some fans. Makes me smile every time Carloss takes an l in the octagon.

Because he refused to phone booth fight with the technical Diaz ? I was rooting for Nick but this narrative of Condit " running" was a bit silly- yeah , against fence - jogged/circled out AND THEN KICKED NICK upside the head.....rinse- repeat. I also thought fight was razor close .

I'm not saying it wasn't smart ,but Condit never fought like that before. He himself was a nick nick diaz type of fighter. He even said he didn't like the way he fought that night.

A question for all of you who believe Diaz beat Condit because condit ran and was pasive... who won the next fights?

Romero vs Adesanya
Wonderboy vs Woodley 1
Wonderboy vs Woodley 2
Diaz vs Silva
Maia vs Woodley
Gas vs Woodley
Reyes vs Jones
Santos vs Jones

Also
Maywheater vs Maidana
Maywheater vs Pac

Condit won and Diaz is garbage.

Not as garbage as his younger brother Walter White Jr of course but garbage none the less.

I haven't watched in a long time but the NBK turned into the NB Point Fighter. That's what I recall about this fight. Sucks because I'd like to recall the actual fight.

{<redford}

It was just such a fucking underwhelming shit fight vs what we expected.

I literally got a group of non-mma fans together to watch this event promising it would deliver and I still shake my head looking back at it.
Condit was a pussy in that fight

Thats what he had to do to win, or else get boxed up. Whats hard to understand

Lost alot of respect for conduct. He was known as the natural born killer. He would fight like a rabid wolverine in previous fights .

Diaz turned him into a soft point fighter. In interviews conduct regretted fighting the way he did to get a title shot .

I haven't seen him state any regrets about how he fought that fight. Can you link me to something where he expresses that regret?

I'm not saying it wasn't smart ,but Condit never fought like that before. He himself was a nick nick diaz type of fighter. He even said he didn't like the way he fought that night.
It was only way to avoid that effective pitter patter body body head body. If Nick didnt have sturdy chin then I'm sure, Carlos would of felt out an exchange or 2 instead of that particular game planning which was unlike "prime condit like".

I remember rooting for Nick cause I really wanted to see him get that since/ returning to UFC quality- relevant win on his ledger.

Back