Just turned 40:(

Well not to mention Utica NY is boring as fuck. My wife doesn't really want to move back there either but that's where her family is. Thing is, we don't have kids and I wouldnt say our marriage is all that strong to where I feel any real obligation to go with her. We get along great, have some fun.. but things are far from perfect. I think I would be miserable there and end up resenting her. She doesn't deserve that either.
I live outside of Rochester, NY(now a shit hole city). I grew up here when it was a great place and Kodak and Xerox were on top of the world. I only moved back here when I left Vegas in 2022 because my parents are here and are in their 80s and need help with things from time to time. If they weren't here I would not have even had this place on my radar. The transition from Vegas to here has been difficult. There's just no vibe or excitement here like there was in Sin City.

I live outside of Rochester, NY(now a shit hole city). I grew up here when it was a great place and Kodak and Xerox were on top of the world. I only moved back here when I left Vegas in 2022 because my parents are here and are in their 80s and need help with things from time to time. If they weren't here I would not have even had this place on my radar. The transition from Vegas to here has been difficult. There's just no vibe or excitement here like there was in Sin City.
Do you think you'll move back to Vegas eventually?

Do you think you'll move back to Vegas eventually?
No. Despite the excitement of the city I got sick of the desert and the heat. I like change of seasons and greenery. Once my parents pass I'm out of here. They spend their winters at their second home in Florida but I don't really want to live there right now. My two sisters live outside of Philadelphia so that might be an option. I went to college and grad school there and still have friends there as well.

Because we already were when we started posting here 15 years ago…

In time, in time…
If he's lucky, we need to start looking at old age differently. What's that old saying, it's better than the alternative?

Friend, get yourself a good hobby. Might I recommend sheep fucking? Unless you have a wool allergy. Makes it intolerable innit.

Just make the most of it and at least you have your parents still. My wife is talking about wanting to move back to upstate NY to be close to her family and quit her government job that she's starting to despise at the beginning of next year and I fear that's going to be the end of our marriage. No fucking way I make that move.
Thanks man. Ya man I’m always trying to get closer to Solana Beach. Epic lifestyle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back