Just watched JDS vs Mir:

FireKidWS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
JDS had Mir completely rocked in the first and let him out of the round without even trying to finish. This doesn't seem like the JDS I've seen in other fights. What was Sherdogs verdict on why this happened?

he had carwin hurt but he didnt over extend since carwin can put you out with the smallest shot

i think he was just being cautious. he got the knockout the next round

I'll have to rewatch it, but I know it was just 5 months after Mir was knocked half-unconscious but still ripped Nog's arm off. Maybe JDS was extra cautious.

tumblr_m4ol22LyJf1r81fefo1_400.gif

I think he wanted to prolong the punishment to avenge Nog. Even snuck in a hammerfist on an armadillo Mir before Herb got in there.

Mir is the definition of a crafty veteran. Didn't take much of a mistake to get finished by Mir back in the day.

Because if you aren't careful Mir will break your arm off.

He can do it to any man alive if he gets a hold of something.

I think he wanted to prolong the punishment to avenge Nog. Even snuck in a hammerfist on an armadillo Mir before Herb got in there.

kinda funny, JDS had a win over everybody who beat Nog In the UFC

I miss the old JDS, wish he didn't take so much punishment in the Velasquez fights.

That was the first time in awhile I didn't feel like Mir just quit and wanted out. He finally stood in there.
War Mir.

didnt he drop mir two times in the first? or was it in the second when he dropped him two times?

I remember the combination he put on him at the end of the first round it was definitely a thing of beauty. Damn you cain.
War JDS

I remember watching it and telling myself that JDS was absolutely toying with Frank. Then again maybe he didnt want to overcommit for the finish and get caught in some sick sub.

Prime JDS looked like he was going to hold the title for a long time. Sad how his career ended up.

Just careful, no need to risk it in the heavies, he showed experience, control, overall maturity to stay the course and let the finish come naturally without being forced.

JDS was on point from start to finish he let no openings for Mir to exploit he kinda showed Mir that he is done in terms of ever holding that belt not when guys like JDS and Cain were around.

Dang Mir has taken some damage over the years.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back