Just wondering why Izzy so confident that he can defeat the polish power?

true_fan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I’m on the ropes(I know this fight is going to end with a KO/TKO) on this and I know Izzy is a more skilled striker than his foe but Jan is extremely dangerous also, so why is Izzy so sure he can beat the LHW champ?

Confidence is an important part of anyone's game. He has the tools, but Jan is tough and crafty, he can't make mistakes (and that's what he's good at avoiding). I think it will be a good fight, Jan is very good defensively but Izzy will probably hit him good a few times, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a decision.

Imo he's in for a big surprise in his step up in power. Izzys moving up 20 lbs n he wasn't ever a big MW to start with. I guess he feels if he beat Romero n Costa with their power Jan will be easy.

He fought opponents at HW pre-MMA, he will have sparred and trained with plenty of HWs. How surprising can it really be for him?

Israel Adesanya wins via shovel punch

What fighter who's seemed almost untouchable his last few fights should think that he can't win a fight 20 pounds up? A lot of these guys are incredibly confident. If you fight for a living at that level, you more than likely have to be.

The man believes in his striking. He’s going to be much faster than Jan. Sure, Jan has the power advantage, but Izzy won’t make the same mistakes that Luke and Reyes did. Honestly, I’m rooting for Polish power, but I just don’t know how he’s going to touch Gyno.

Cause he’s a better fighter than Jan and he believes every opponent has power.

Jan’s only hope is to catch him with a clean shot, which doesn’t often happen to Israel.

Gastelum messed up his Face and gave him his hardest fight to date, and Romero turned him into a Point Fighter after the first exchange, as someone who also favors Izzy to win, this couldn't be farther from the truth. He's looked far from invincible, and while he's had some amazing performances, his Striking Defense is still very much in question when it comes to this Match up. His speed, and reaction time are going to be the determining factor on whether not he gets slept. Izzy has to be perfect until he gets the TKO through volume and precise shot selection, Jan just needs to perfect when he lands.

Izzy is sort of the rightful favorite in my opinion but Jan can ABSOLUTELY knock him the fuck out.

Because Izzy has beaten up a lot of bigger/taller fighters (in striking). And Jan is not exactly some high level wrestler. It's basically going to be a striking match mostly.

Here's a clip of a younger Adesanya barely in his MMA career putting a striking clinic on 205 Rumble Johnson

Because he thinks will retain his speed and head movement going up in weight against a bigger slower opponent

I think Jans jaw gonna be decisive here, if Izzy can't know him out he is in serious danger is being catch at least with 1 heavy punch (and that could be all)

I’m on the ropes(I know this fight is going to end with a KO/TKO) on this and I know Izzy is a more skilled striker than his foe but Jan is extremely dangerous also, so why is Izzy so sure he can beat the LHW champ?
Why is Adesanya confident he can beat anyone??? Because that is what the fuck he does!!!

Same as Jan. Why was Jan confident that he'd beat younger guys and guys who beat him before like Reyes, Anderson, and Manuwa??? Because Israel and Jan are confident in their skills, have the experience, and put in the work.

Why are you trolling us??

Imo he's in for a big surprise in his step up in power. Izzys moving up 20 lbs n he wasn't ever a big MW to start with. I guess he feels if he beat Romero n Costa with their power Jan will be easy.

I agree with this.
Adesanya appears to be the more technically sounded striker between the two. But Jan is a very good sized LHW and have been taking heavier shots from LHW.

This reminds me of Holloway Vs Poirier somewhat.

That said, it's punches a fighter don't see that knocks them out. I'm not counting Adesanya out.

Edit:
Humble Opinion, Jan takes this via TKO. Izzy needs a perfect game to win.

A past his prime Jacaré moved up to LHW and went 5 rounds with Polish Power and (that version of Jacare) has nothing on Izzy. It doesn't mean much (MMA Math is BS) but that underwhelming performance was only a few fights ago. Jan also has a very curious statistic as the only man ever to go to decision with Jimi Manuwa - Either Jimi found the Stoppage or his opponent found his chin. Twice with Blachowicz it wentthe distance, TWICE. If he goes the distance with Izzy we know that means one thing.

I like value and I may even still stick a few quid on Blachowicz based on his power but I am not sure the line is that great value on Jan. I think he deserves to be the underdog in this one.

Probably cause he's already fought his type, other fighters who are heavier with more power many times in his kickboxing career and schooled them.

Back