Justin Gaethje Low Fight IQ

That last 10 seconds wasn't 50/50, did you even see how slow Gaethje punched in that exchange?

He almost got finished multiple times in the fifth. That last 10 seconds was Max trying to bait a tired, almost dead, Gaethje into abandoing all defense so he can win 300k for koing him.
Max was way faster the whole fight and was throwing 3 punch combos to Justin's 1 or 2 punches. The speed discrepancy just became more evident as the fight went on.

I don’t entirely disagree tbh.

Justin when composed is incredibly dangerous and surprisingly technical.

But he much like Chandler have the tendency to bite down on the gum shield and go to war. And because he has massive power he could feel more inclined to do thinking that if he connects his opponent is going down, which for the majority of his fights is in fact the case.

Honestly if you're losing a fight and your opponent offers to stand and trade in the last 10 seconds, you have to take a swing at it. It's the only chance you've got.

Anybody who doesn't, shouldn't be fighting in the UFC, and certainly not for any kind of "BMF" belt.
Yep, really you got no choice in that situation, every corner tells their fighters to just go all out the last round when they are obviously down on the scorecards. Don't see how someone can hate on Gaethje for trying or call it "low iq"

It's was all adrenaline, it wasn't a conscious decision to trade at the end. He took pretty bad damage in the last round, barely survived, had an awfully broken nose, after having fought with it for 20 minutes. He was probably cognitively half-conscious at that point. Look at the speed of his punches. He was fighting on auto-pilot. A very unfortunate ending for him but there never was a ''should i trade or lose a decision'' moment, it all happened in mere seconds.

Not as low as Jalin Turner celebrating that KO.

I don’t entirely disagree tbh.

Justin when composed is incredibly dangerous and surprisingly technical.

But he much like Chandler have the tendency to bite down on the gum shield and go to war. And because he has massive power he could feel more inclined to do thinking that if he connects his opponent is going down, which for the majority of his fights is in fact the case.

In the past, Justin has fought like an idiot, but not recently, and not in this fight. To say that Justing showed poor fight IQ in THIS fight is just trolling.

He fights to entertain, not 'win on points'.

Better go out as a warrior than a decision. Max offered him a chance, he took it. Props to him.

I have this genuine belief that he had an injured leg coming into this fight, based on his movement, and weird stumbling I noticed throughout. But we'll have to wait and see. Maybe we'll never know.
Dude did look off in there. I noticed right off the rip that Justin looked 'bloated'. Seemed way more chubby than usual. Also he did have problems with slipping and his movements. In hindsight, a leg injury or something would make sense. But its not like you could pull out of 300.

He's gotta have some of the lowest fight IQ I've ever witnessed. Why did he let Max draw him into standing and banging the last ten seconds when he's tired as f and got pieced up all fight with a broken nose?

The chances of him winning the fight at that point were almost nil so going for broke in that situation was a bad idea. Now he won't be able to take a punch the same way.

SMH

Gangsta way to go out tho.
You're the low iq one. That last chance was a massive opportunity for Justin who lost all the rounds, not Max.

i saw it completely opposite, that was his last and most greatest chance of landing a last minute hail mary shot. it was gracious of max, and all of the pressure was on max. gaethje knew he was down, knew that was it, knew he had to land. gaethje was more dangerous at that moment. max did the unthinkable and won. that moment will forever be talked about going forward. an absolute legendary moment.
i agree 10000% and that is the only way you could look at it..

Low iq for his health sure. But he was guaranteed to lose. That at least gave him the slim chance to land a Hail Mary. It’s the last chance he had to pull out a win and he he tried to take it, just didn’t work out.

Thats why he was drawn in I'd image although I'd agree he did not look good at all in those exchanges, reminded me of Reem when Ngannou flatlined him in terms of winging arm punchs whilst leaning forward.

Those 10 seconds exchanges are like 50-50 to be honest, Gaethje went from 0% chances to 50% chances for those few seconds...it was worth the risk. If anything it was Holloway with the low IQ when he is up 5-0.
No they are not. Those exchanges favor the guy who didn't get pieced up for 5 rounds suffering heavy damage. Brilliant play by Max.

i saw it completely opposite, that was his last and most greatest chance of landing a last minute hail mary shot. it was gracious of max, and all of the pressure was on max. gaethje knew he was down, knew that was it, knew he had to land. gaethje was more dangerous at that moment. max did the unthinkable and won. that moment will forever be talked about going forward. an absolute legendary moment.

THIS!

He's gotta have some of the lowest fight IQ I've ever witnessed. Why did he let Max draw him into standing and banging the last ten seconds when he's tired as f and got pieced up all fight with a broken nose?

The chances of him winning the fight at that point were almost nil so going for broke in that situation was a bad idea. Now he won't be able to take a punch the same way.

SMH

Gangsta way to go out tho.
Perhaps cause that was his only chance of winning?

Back