Justins wrestling

Some instances of Gaethje being taken down..

aadd69d2a1325f5131357ccb95a720e8.gif

6e84347eb817f292608de6ce78a35761.gif

9a8a862a1762347b05ad5ab626d051a5.gif

ImmaterialSatisfiedGoose-size_restricted.gif

His ability to scramble is very high level.. but we'll see how he fairs once Khabib gets a gold of him..
Off the top of my head Khabib has been taken down three times in his UFC career, twice by Tibau and once by Abel Trujillo, and Khabib popped right back up from the Tibau takedowns and almost caught Trujillo in a triangle. If Khabib takes Justin down like Justin was in that WSOF fight, the match is over.

Wrestling and mma wrestling / grappling aren't the same.

Gaethjes cardio is suspect, that's the entire reason he's had to become more patient

Shrug. Some very few sherdoggers are as cavalier as TS suggests. They think Justin's wrestling 'sucks', or some such thing. Not many. I don't believe it's as widespread a belief as TS is suggesting. But TS has a propensity for straw man arguments, so no surprise there.

Most acknowledge it's probably really good....just not good enough.

And many also just shrug their shoulders because they simply haven't seen him do much MMA grappling. So that either tells us:
  1. he's unpracticed,
  2. he's tremendous, or
  3. something within the vast gray area in between 1 and 2.
It being an internet forum, most gravitate away from the middle, toward the extremes.

I cannot wait. If Khabib plows through him I won't be surprised, but there is some combination of skill sets that is going to give this guy trouble some day, and I really want to see if it's Justin's set or not.

I’ve watched his fights. I know his credentials. Because I choose not to read some BS on the internet does not mean I’m ignorant.

fvDJWcr.gif

Avi bet?

Official college records are internet b.s???

A tad bit defensive are we... I sense insecurity in you..

You sure you want to risk that chris cornell avi?

Justins little college wrestling is no match for khabibs seriously this fight is going to end up the same as barbooza and dustin.

I don't want to admit that you're right so I'm just going yell U.S.A! U.S.A!

https://uncbears.com/sports/wrestling/roster/justin-gaethje/1679

Heres a breakdown of justins wrestling...he was the best wrestler in colorado history basically...and is a D1 champion...

Why is everyone acting like this is gunna be the same as khabib vs barboza?

I dont get it...i know khabib has the better overall grappling game but this isnt gunna be easy for khabib i respect him for taking the fight like a real champion though...

Remember Raging AL stopped khabibs takedowns in the later rounds and hes not the same level wrestler as Gaithje..

I see this fight being a savage scramble fest that leads to a epic drawn out war ending in a late stoppage...which on paper would favor gaithje

The closer the fight gets the more i see the planets lining up for hollywood movie level confrontation....

Replace Dustin face with Justins and this is what you will see come Saturday.

6490cc68-d2d1-11e9-a556-d14d94601503_image_hires_160122.jpg

Shrug. Some very few sherdoggers are as cavalier as TS suggests. They think Justin's wrestling 'sucks', or some such thing. Not many. I don't believe it's as widespread a belief as TS is suggesting. But TS has a propensity for straw man arguments, so no surprise there.

Most acknowledge it's probably really good....just not good enough.

And many also just shrug their shoulders because they simply haven't seen him do much MMA grappling. So that either tells us:
  1. he's unpracticed,
  2. he's tremendous, or
  3. something within the vast gray area in between 1 and 2.
It being an internet forum, most gravitate away from the middle, toward the extremes.

I cannot wait. If Khabib plows through him I won't be surprised, but there is some combination of skill sets that is going to give this guy trouble some day, and I really want to see if it's Justin's set or not.

Good post...im.intrigued for this fight for the example you gave...is this the skillset to give khabib problems

I think people are forgetting that Khabib's best asset is his cardio. His grappling is for sure good but most of his fights are pushing against the cage and missing trips and drags until he gets them down. Then when the round ends they are on queer street and taking it to the ground becomes easier and easier. Sure, in open space Justin could probably scramble out of a takedown but Khabib isn't shooting in open space, almost ever. All he needs to do is muscle you against the cage.

Wrestling and mma wrestling / grappling aren't the same.

Gaethjes cardio is suspect, that's the entire reason he's had to become more patient

So..then it isnt suspect cuz hes more measured now...and he did a ton of damage in those gassing performances ..probably enough to beat khabib...so yes he was gassed but he was also destroying people...

Also khabib got tired against AL and couldnt take.him down after round 2

I think people are forgetting that Khabib's best asset is his cardio. His grappling is for sure good but most of his fights are pushing against the cage and missing trips and drags until he gets them down. Then when the round ends they are on queer street and taking it to the ground becomes easier and easier. Sure, in open space Justin could probably scramble out of a takedown but Khabib isn't shooting in open space, almost ever. All he needs to do is muscle you against the cage.

Khabib was too tired to take down raging Al after 2...the first decent grappler faced after tibau who he couldnt take down...

Cardio is relative to the fight and opponent its easy not to gas when your in control

A giant difference between wrestling and mma grappling is the cage. Wrestlers dont train growing up with the cage, its something most of them dont encounter until theyre actually training in mma later in life. Khabib's wrestling is really good, but in the center of the cage it's not otherwordly, it's what he does against the cage that makes him unstoppable.

If a wrestler like Justin can keep his back off the cage by circling instead of just backing up, he'll have a lot more success against Khabib. And honestly, you'd be much better off getting taken down in the center than against the cage against Khabib, everything he does is that much better when he can work against it.

Khabib by takedown and smesh. Gaethje's cardio is suspect and Khabib is going to take him down as soon as he can. By the 3rd Gaethje isn't going to have the power to knock Khabib out. You can't compare college wrestling with training in the mountains with world class grapplers.

Khabib by takedown and smesh. Gaethje's cardio is suspect and Khabib is going to take him down as soon as he can. By the 3rd Gaethje isn't going to have the power to knock Khabib out.

Yeah..gaithje sure looked tired agaisnt tony ,cerrone, vick,and barboza lmao

Khabib got tired against Raging Al couldnt even take him down after round 2\3...the last decent grappler khabib fought

Khabib got tired against Raging Al couldnt even take him down after round 3...the last decent grappler khabib fought
Dustin is a more than decent grappler.. BJJ black belt under Tim Credeur.

Khabib got tired against Raging Al couldnt even take him down after round 3...the last decent grappler khabib fought
Justin has admitted he doesn't wrestle that much because it makes him tired. Khabib is going to push the pace and wear him out. Habib is not standing with Justin he's going to take him down in the first 15 seconds like he did to Conor. Raging Al's strategy to defend takedowns above all else in that fight is irrelevant to what Justin's strategy is going to be.

Khabib was too tired to take down raging Al after 2...the first decent grappler faced after tibau who he couldnt take down...

Cardio is relative to the fight and opponent its easy not to gas when your in control

Ya but he'll be facing a guy who will be on him like a pitbull on a poodle.

He will tire.

Gaethjes wrestling ability is greatly exaggerated to sell the fight. His real chances to win this match are minuscule.

He wasn't D1 champ; he placed 7th and wasnt seeded going into tge tournament.

Back