Kamala Harris: Pros & Cons?

Seems like there are rumblings she may be gearing up for a run at becoming President.

So, I’d like to hear from the reliably civil brain trust that is the war room:

Pros & cons? What do you like about her? What do you not like? Do you think she could make a good candidate? A good president?

Pros: diverse political experience at municipal, state, and federal levels of govt; requisite passion and political moxie; assertive, well-spoken, and willing to play hard ball with the scum across the aisle

Cons: spotty records on defendants rights as a prosecutor; nebulous position on economic policies; relative inexperience at federal level; as a black woman will have trouble fielding non-merit-based attacks from political foes

It sounds like you guys are summarily dismissing her based on her party, or things like her gender, color, etc. but so far I don’t see any specific criticisms against her.

Her illegal immigration ideology would be my "con"

I'm not dismissing her. I think she checks all the boxes for Democrats

Notice you're only getting real answers from liberals, aside from one single-issue gun person. Everybody else is full of shit.

This is typical.

Notice you're only getting real answers from liberals, aside from one single-issue gun person. Everybody else is full of shit.

This is typical.
Notice liberals want to set the boundaries on what is a real opinion and dismiss everything else.

This is typical.

I see Harris being a strong Vice Presidential candidate.

The Presidential candidate for the Democrats will have to be able to appeal to the Midwest and Rustbelt.

The Democratic parties stance on gun control will make it very hard for them to appeal to rural voters.
I agree with this.

Biden/ Harris would be a strong ticket.

I like Tulsi Gabbard better, personally.

Harris is smart and strong. America ain’t California, though.

She's smart as hell. Her dad is a Stanford econ professor. Former tough prosecutor (kind of a negative in my eyes). Housing proposal was really bad. Some other ideas are OK. Resume is thin for a presidential candidate. On balance, she'd be better than Trump but it would be a big disappointment if those were the only choices.

Notice liberals want to set the boundaries on what is a real opinion and dismiss everything else.

This is typical.
Only you can make you know stuff and learn things.

Gabbard is more wouldable. I feel this is important.

fox news and there dumb fuck viewers are gonna lose their minds if she runs for President or VP. Not only is she a woman, she's also black.

If she's a Democrat, then she's on board with Social Justice, hates Christianity, God's Word in the Bible, the lgbtq+ agenda, blames white privelege, loves racist organizations and law enforcement haters like Black Lives Matters, wants more open borders to Islam.

We tried all that with Obama, it created chaos.

Obama didn't do the things you mentioned as much as the media forced it near the end of his presidency.

I'd vote for virtually anyone opposing Trump. My only complaint is that she's a bit too liberal with immigration. Definitely would vote for her vs. Trump.

This is typical.

I think Fawlty's point is that @Peteyandjia asked in good faith for a substantive appraisal about her qualities as a candidate, to which the right-wing posters here responded "I'm not with her," that she's anti-American communist scum (lol since she's very much a neoliberal capitalist), that she lacks the poise to win a debate, and that she blew a dude to advance her career (something that I know nothing about).

None of that is helpful, meaningful, or the type of stuff that rational voters are looking for when they ask about a candidate for office. This is typical. The right wing here has no interest in actual discussion on the merits for basically any topic.

I think Fawlty's point is that @Peteyandjia asked in good faith for a substantive appraisal about her qualities as a candidate, to which the right-wing posters here responded "I'm not with her," that she's anti-American communist scum (lol since she's very much a neoliberal capitalist), that she lacks the poise to win a debate, and that she blew a dude to advance her career (something that I know nothing about).

None of that is helpful, meaningful, or the type of stuff that rational voters are looking for when they ask about a candidate for office. This is typical. The right wing here has no interest in actual discussion on the merits for basically any topic.
Being able to keep composure in a debate isnt important to a rational voter. <1>
Sure, Trotsky.
<mma4>

She's smart as hell. Her dad is a Stanford econ professor. Former tough prosecutor (kind of a negative in my eyes). Housing proposal was really bad. Some other ideas are OK. Resume is thin for a presidential candidate. On balance, she'd be better than Trump but it would be a big disappointment if those were the only choices.
The murder conviction rate when she was DA was horrible, she is going to get hammered for this if she wins the primary.

Last edited:
Seems like there are rumblings she may be gearing up for a run at becoming President.

So, I’d like to hear from the reliably civil brain trust that is the war room:

Pros & cons? What do you like about her? What do you not like? Do you think she could make a good candidate? A good president?

Pros : She's better looking than 99% of the entire senate (which doesn't say much about her)

Cons : She's a Democrat.

And yes, Pete. I am summarily dismissing her because she, like many others(Biden included), would get beat down by Trump as her opponent who has done plenty of good while President.

BTW, just so you know, her gender has no bearing on my choice. Although, I wouldn't mention appearance if it was, say, Flake or Biden.

Last edited:
The story I hear on the internet is that she literally was blowing a guy for career advancement then when she got the power, dropped his ass.

There has gotta be a moral to that story

The Moral is.....You don't need Morals to get a-HEAD. <Moves>

Don't you just love Puns that are not funny?<{ByeHomer}>

Back