News Kamaru Usman has now more finishes in title defenses than GSP @ WW

Nope.

Alves, Condit, Diaz, Hendricks, Fitch, Koscheck would all give him hell.

At best he goes 3-3 against those guys.
He beats all of them except for maybe Hendricks.

Alves... lol Burns is a significantly better version of what GSP fans try to say Alves was

Lol @ Usman losing to Diaz, Thiago, Fitch or Kos. I'll give you Hendricks since he was pretty beastly for a bit, but you need to take into account just how much bigger Kamaru is than most of those guys. That's a key thing.
Learn to read. Dude said BURNS would beat every opponent GSP had beaten.

He beats all of them except for maybe Hendricks.

Alves... lol Burns is a significantly better version of what GSP fans try to say Alves was
Alves has a better chin then Burns and better TDD.

Fact is GSP has 12 defences Kamaru has 4.

I remember when everyone was shouting Woodley was the WW GOAT too LMAO.

Give it time, Usmans knees dont have 8 more defenses.

Yep this was literally how people acted when tyron beat till. Funny cause its the exact same group of GSP haters..

Burns is a significantly better striker, grappler, wrestler, and has better cardio. It's not close, man.

And that is not a fact... a little off on your numbers

Can you imagine puny Penn fighting Usman? Thats the scope of the level of competition GSP faced vs today's era, he was getting finished by midgets and having trilogies with them, any top 5 ww today embarrasses "prime" GSP.

This is the truth.

dont think he will ever surpass gsp solely due to competition WW is a good division but usman has already pretty much cleared it but during gsp's reign it was the golden era of that division where he beat the following guys in their prime:

Matt Hughes
BJ Penn
Nick Diaz
Carlos Condit
Sean Sherk
Jake Shields
Hahaha, come on. The competition is miles higher today. Those guys would be considered absolute bums if they were in their primes today

I like both but prime GSP takes it. He's aged a bit, likely lost a step, but that being said Usman is a phenomenal torchbearer for the new generation. His improved striking was on display as well as his chin and recovery. Burns seemed to let the moment get to him a bit. Understandably so. Even though I'm more old school (and thus a GSP guy) the wins over Covington and Burns alone are massive. I hope he continues to do great things.

That's all your opinion.

The only fact is GSP has defended far more then Usman.
Lol right...

And you didn't have to acknowledge you were wrong, it's ok. Fact is, Usman has more finishes in his 4 title defenses than GSP in his 9

GSP would kill Usman.

GSP has 11 or 12 title defenses

Usman has 3 or 4?

Kill?

GSP didn't finish Hardy.

I could definitely see prime GSP winning a tactical striking and cage humping match.

But he ain't dominating or stopping Usman.

Usman: 2 finishes: Colby(TKO) and Burns(TKO)
GSP: 1 finish: BJ Penn (corner stoppage)

Does he have the potential to surpass GSP and become the WW GOAT?
fitch fight should have been a finish.

Kill?

GSP didn't finish Hardy.

I could definitely see prime GSP winning a tactical striking and cage humping match.

But he ain't dominating or stopping Usman.
I mean I think his jab would make him look like Koscheck and could lead to a stoppage.

But yeah I think GSP wins a decision quite clearly.

Lol right...

And you didn't have to acknowledge you were wrong, it's ok. Fact is, Usman has more finishes in his 4 title defenses than GSP in his 9
And that’s fine. Obviously GSP was not a great finisher. But plenty of great all-time champions are not great finishers. Jones is not a great finisher. In boxing Floyd Mayweather is not a great finisher. Hell Muhammad Ali had a lot of decisions in his career, some very controversial in fact.

GSP could still win an easy unanimous decision against Usman.. Prime for prime that is.. These fantasy all-time matchups are sometimes fun to debate, but obviously nobody has any idea?

And that’s fine. Obviously GSP was not a great finisher. But plenty of great all-time champions are not great finishers. Jones is not a great finisher. In boxing Floyd Mayweather is not a great finisher. Hell Muhammad Ali had a lot of decisions in his career, some very controversial in fact.

GSP could still win an easy unanimous decision against Usman.. Prime for prime that is.. These fantasy all-time matchups are sometimes fun to debate, but obviously nobody has any idea?
An easy UD... lol you don't even believe that

So when people watch Hendricks vs GSP

Dont these mofos think Usman would beat the shit out of GSP

An easy UD... lol you don't even believe that
Maybe he does, maybe he doesn’t. Obviously we will never know. But the fact that one wins a lot of decisions is not indicative of a result. It’s about matchups.

Back