Karo Parisyan: I don't think I was that good of a fighter...

Karo was a great fighter in his prime. Don't know how he'd hold up today, but he was a very tough guy to grapple with.

He also had pretty bad panic attacks and his drug usage increased as a result.

Obviously biased but Judo is a fantastic art that is underutilized because it’s not Americanized and Judo were taught that Judo is so great you don’t need other things. The best Judokas don’t do mma and those who do are stuck in an old school mentality so think it’s weak to train other arts, cut weight etc. The politics in it are also horrendous and have ruined the sport. However all these cage grinding wrestlers are begging to get tossed on their head with a nice clean Judo throw and seeing one will always impress me.
The politics are terrible and the rule changes to outlaw throws below the waist makes it more of an incomplete art. I think they are/were scared that wrestlers would dominate the sport. It's still a great art/sport to learn.

Nate was gonna sock his ass because he didn’t know who he was bro

Tore his hamstring clean off if I remember correctly. Pretty sure the pain from that is what started his painkiller addiction.
Yeah it was from an injury, you may be right i'm not sure what it was. I just remember missing watching him fight. Prime Karo was a beast and had a very fan-friendly style.

Yeah it was from an injury, you may be right i'm not sure what it was. I just remember missing watching him fight. Prime Karo was a beast and had a very fan-friendly style.
I remember the Dave strasser fight like it was yesterday. Karo’s MMA judo was straight fire and I was an instant fan.

Still go down as having whooped prime Nick Diaz ass

I remember Nicks prefight interview
"It's kind of a bad matchup for me, I don't know, I'll do my best..."

People always focus on the Nate incident but he legit whooped Nick.
That wasn't prime Nick, not even close

Conor wishes he had this level of humility.

Prime Karo would have subbed Conor. If Conor had to fight in the welterweight era, he would have gotten smoked since it was grappler heavy. Riggs had solid boxing and ground and pound, Diego during those days had insane cardio and ground and pound. Koscheck and Fitch would have wrestle fucked him to a decision and Sean Sherk was impossible to finish. Nick Diaz was relentless.

This was the during the time that there was not even lightweight division until Penn came back from K-1 and solved his dispute with the UFC.

Conor would have never survived that era. Probably beat a guy like Luigi Foriovanti or Drew Fickett by decision at best but still 50/50.

This the era of grappling and having insane cardio.

Prime Karo was a good WW. One of the best judo adapted MMA games ever.

He had tons of talent but he was supposedly lazy. He was also pretty much a dick. He seems pretty cool here though.....

I just remember poor Manny getting stuck between his meathead cousin and Diaz..

Karo is a guy who just seemed to fall off the face of the earth. He was a top 10 WW then completely disappeared. Always wondered what happened to him. He was an entertaining fighter back in the day because he had the unusual style with the judo throws. His fight with Diego was a war.
Addicted to pain killers, sadly.

Karo was a pretty decent fighter, I don't care what anyone says. Until this day he has the best mma judo I ever saw .
More than decent. Even the guys who beat him had a hard time with him.

He was pretty good though. Who knows how good he actually could have been if he had some humility and no pill addiction back then

Prime Karo would have subbed Conor. If Conor had to fight in the welterweight era, he would have gotten smoked since it was grappler heavy. Riggs had solid boxing and ground and pound, Diego during those days had insane cardio and ground and pound. Koscheck and Fitch would have wrestle fucked him to a decision and Sean Sherk was impossible to finish. Nick Diaz was relentless.

This was the during the time that there was not even lightweight division until Penn came back from K-1 and solved his dispute with the UFC.

Conor would have never survived that era. Probably beat a guy like Luigi Foriovanti or Drew Fickett by decision at best but still 50/50.

This the era of grappling and having insane cardio.
You can go to any thread about any fighter and find a post about their hypothetical match up against Conor

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back