News Kayla Harrison to Invicta. Then UFC?

• Thread starter Deleted member 576123
  • Start date
TBH I kinda miss Ronda. All the current women are too respectful, even Amanda Nunes who has all the right in the world to be an arrogant cunt if she wanted to.

TBH I kinda miss Ronda. All the current women are too respectful, even Amanda Nunes who has all the right in the world to be an arrogant cunt if she wanted to.
What about JJ?

Amanda is a training partner to Kayla I wonder if they will fight each other if Amanda moves down to and drops the belt. I know Kayla she could have gone direct to UFC but she does things carefully she likely wants to see how see feels at 135 before testing herself a little more.

I hope the cut goes well and she eventually gets to face Nunes at 145 lbs. Her size and grappling would make her the biggest threat to Nunes possible — though she would still presumably be a sizeable underdog.

Don't know why she cant just jump to UFC.
My guess is they are going to get her to be the Champ of Invicta first to promote that. They tend to steal the champs from Invicta to feed to the UFC champs.

She'll wait for Nunes to retire before entering the UFC. There's no point in fighting 145 in the UFC while Nunes is there, zero chance of beating her.

From Sherdog front page.

Kayla Harrison is going to try out 145lb at Invicta.
She won the PFL and is a very handy judoka. I know there'll be Ronda comparisons but Kayla seems much more Judo reliant and no false sense of world champion boxing.

Invicta is still UFC's feeder, isn't it?
The ronda comparison is kind of an insult.. Kayla is basically the female judoka GOAT.

Ronda: 4th degree black belt in judo - Kayla : 6th degree black belt in Judo
Ronda: 1 silver in world cup and 1 bronze in olympics - Kayla: 2 olympic gold and 1 world cup gold

The ronda comparison is kind of an insult.. Kayla is basically the female judoka GOAT.

Ronda: 4th degree black belt in judo - Kayla : 6th degree black belt in Judo
Ronda: 1 silver in world cup and 1 bronze in olympics - Kayla: 2 olympic gold and 1 world cup gold

Its too bad 145 is so weak in the UFC for women. Obviously there is De Randamie, Nunes and Anderson and that's about it.

I expect Kayla would die if she tried to make 135. She's a big girl.

Man, anyone who doesn't miss Ronda is just lying. Professional sports' main reason for existence with respect to fans is entertainment, and she is pure entertainment. You can appreciate her judo skills, laugh heartily at her boxing "skills", watch her destroy opposition spectacularly, watch her get annihilated in equally spectacular fashion. That's not even mentioning the out of the cage personality, charisma and ability to stir hate.

Last edited:
To be fair, a big chunk of Ronda's "R. Honda-ness" came from a low-IQ/learning disabilities and her mom beating Judo into her 24/7 bordering on child abuse.

Kayla seems to be of normal intelligence or higher and can make friends outside of work.

I don't know how she is going to make 145. She's a way bigger girl than Cyborg with her frame/bone structure.

I can already see the videos of her crying in sauna tents and missing weight by 5lbs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back